Compromise

Roommate

This was getting wildly out of hand. I huffed and pulled my hair then fixed my gaze on my dazed best friend. 
"Quishi, would you like some popcorn it might help you enjoy the show better," I snapped spitefully.

He at least had the decency to look embarrassed. He quickly snapped his mouth shut and started squinting his eyes as if he was pondering the meaning of life. Honestly I thought it looked like he either need to take a or needed a heavy prescription glasses. I turn my back back to the oversized pompous that caused this upset.

He was still sitting there like the last great emperor of a fallen dynasty, legs crossed and his cufflinks.  Who the wears cufflinks in college?! Apparently this giant, ill-mannered prick with the y smirk--
When did I decided his smirk was y. Yes that over confident lopsided half smile was enticing and gauging from his form you could break a tooth biting that cute ..What the actual am I thinking?! I'm angry he is the bastard that has forced his way into your life and jeopardize you educational future!! Besides I'm not gay.

"Let's compromise" I hear him say destroying my inner monologue.

"I will stay in the new room with you as my roommate. During the first month I will promise to endure any and all rules and requirements you put forth. Should I not comply I will leave your room immediately and you will acquire a healthy stipend for your wasted time."

My jaw dropped open like a broken barn door once again. The offer was appealing.  When he ed and I was certain he would I would still get paid. But...

"What if you are able to stay past the trial period? I don't doubt you will not be able to curb your reckless ways but on the off chance you make it thirty days without acting like a drunken frat boy, what then?"

Qing smiles and stands slowly. "We renegotiate the terms of the contract"

I am almost certain with in a week I can have new roommate better suited to me if I accept this deal.

I look over at my useless friend and resident advisor and wow, just wow. Quishi was still leaning forward on his knees eyes darting back and forth between us. I snap my fingers in front of his face watching him blink his way back to reality.

"Quishi do your damn job and moderate our dispute. We are going to compromise and negotiate terms of this housing arrangement and you need to be a witness. Grab some paper,pens and an ink pad."

He snaps back to life ushering us both to sit in chairs near his desk while he pulls out all the required items.  Suddenly looking very mature and responsible he eyes both of us and said, "Well, who wants to go first"