I need to speak to Quishi

Roommate

Dayu’s POV

 

I am so damn done with Qing and his demented games.  I have tolerated more than my fair share of his bull but that ends today. Right, the now.

 

“I what to redo this contract of ours and you will accept whatever terms I deem ing necessary. Do you understand.”

 

The smallest flash of concern crossed his features before he regained control of his features. Then, he sat back with that semi-bored expression on his face once again.

 

“On what grounds are you crying breach of contract? As far as I can remember there is nothing about outing our relationship with your mother. Should we call our pseudo lawyer down here with a copy.”

 

“Oh you! You know what the contract. The contract was bull from the beginning. You are clearly able to do the coursework on your own. The only reason we came to the agreement in the first place was because your stupid claim of needed extra help. It was a game from the beginning for you wasn’t it!? You just wanted to see how long you could fool me? The poor, scholarship student that needs money to help his mother. You threw around cash because you know I needed and used it to with me. You make me ing sick. I don’t need a contract anymore or your damn permission to say you and the terms. The only thing I want from you is for you to leave me the alone when we are in the dorms and on campus. I will allow you to exploit the situation long enough to put on a good show for my mother. We will meet her few times; then,  I will make an excuse that you grew distance and at the end of the semester when we leave for summer break, I will tell her we broke it off. I will never speak to you again and you will forget we ever ing met.!”

 

I could feel my blood pressure rising as I let out my anger. My head was felt like Donkey Kong was throwing his ing barrels around my brain. I ignored the pain shooting through my head to glare at the in front of me. He didn’t even have the decency to look ashamed, embarrassed or even the slightest bit sorry. It just made me angrier and before I realized what was done I rushed over to stand before him and slapped him across his face. The blow left my hand stinging as Qing’s head snapped to the side. As I watched the fiery red splotch form on his cheek, I felt a momentary flash of regret but quickly swallowed it back down.

 

I grabbed him by his tie and started pulling it and swinging it around. I don’t   know what my goal was, I just wanted him to react. I wanted him to feel something, to apologize to admit he was wrong but he just sat there looking at me as I shook him. I could feel tears forming in my eyes but there was nothing I could do to stop the liquid form of my shame and anger from falling.

 

“Why the did you have to do that?! WHY?! God damn it! WHY?!”

 

I released him and took a step away from him. He was a bit disheveled but he even made that look though it was his intended goal for his appearance.

“ I ing hate you. You have been nothing but poison since you walked through my door. Stay the away from me. I’ll be at Quishi’s”

 

I knew I still had tears falling but I couldn’t take his sitting there looking so impervious to my suffering. I put on my shoes and left him sitting alone in our dorm and went to seek the comfort of my best friend, my only friend.


 

***

 

Qing’s POV

 

I don’t know what Dayu wants from me. He kept staring at me and getting angrier as he waited for something that I couldn’t give him. I know he is upset but there is nothing more I can do to make the situation any better. The boy all but cursed my ancestor for my creation then left after demanding I leave him alone. How did he expect me to make for my actions if he I don’t interact with him?

 

I sighed heavily before went to my room to get ready for bed. I had managed to finish all my homework before ten and had been sitting in my room drinking alone when I heard the door to our room bang open. I put down my glass and listened to heavy footed shuffles enter the room followed but yet another slam of the door. Dayu was muttering slurred to himself as he bumped around the living room. I could tell exactly where he was in the room by the sounds.

 

The scrap and jingle of his keys being tossed on the coffee table near the door. Then, the ugly vase Dayu claims is an antique next to the sofa wobbling as he knocked a body part on the end table. The shuffling came closer as he drunkenly walked towards my door. I heard him stop and groan as he leaned heavily against the door to my room.

 

I briefly allowed myself to entertain the thought that Dayu was coming in to offer himself to me in his drunken state but it was quickly forgotten as I heard him slide down my door. He groaned loudly as his body made contact with the floor; then,  it went silent. I waited as the silence on the other side of my door grew louder. I decided to go check on him but as I touched the doorknob his mumbling started up again.

 

“F-f- you Wang Q-qing. M-my mother you er! You told my m-m-mommy I f-f- men. I am s-suppose to t-take care of her! B-but you don’t even let me d-do that! You buy her thingsss I can only hope to afford.  I want to f-f-fil out cabinets with food! SSShe’s my mother you ! B-but now s-she thinkss I f-f- you for your m-money. I am not your ! Y-y-yous used her t-to get to me. You played with me. W-w-was it fun? Wass I a good ?! I hate you W-Wang Qing.”

 

I listened to Dayu’s drunken rant with an odd feeling creeping across my chest. This is what he thinks I did?  Dayu sees me as some villain who swept in and used his love and affection for his mother to persuade him to my bed. He came to me willingly. He must know that. Knowing that he thinks so little of me made me angry. Not at Dayu, but myself oddly enough. I have...affections for Dayu, I know that well enough, but as to the intentions of them, I can’t quite say. I like seeing him happy despite his own natural grumpy sassy demeanor. Taking care of his mother was simply a way of making him happy.

 

Dayu comes to life with a smile and bright eyes when he watches his mother smile. How could he misunderstand my kindness for manipulation? I was confused.

 

I leaned closer to the door listening for more words only to find drunken snores coming from the other side. Slowly opening the door I find him curled up on the floor reeking of alcohol. I bend down and scoop him up and take him to his room. I should leave him fully dressed and uncomfortable but I am the cause for his state so I tend to him.

 

I wash his face and help him sluggishly remove his pants and sweater leaving him in his boxer and undershirt before tucking him into bed. Standing in his doorway before I exit I watch him sleep.  With tears still clinging to his lashes and a crease marking his brow, Dayu is distressed even in his slumber. I need to straighten out his twisted view of me but he has forbidden me to speak to him. There is only one thing I can do. I need to speak to Quishi.