According to My Plans

Roommate

Qing POV

Dayu is so clearly planning some nefarious deed, something at my expense, I am sure. He appeared suspicious from the moment I walked through the door. He at first glanced seemed slumped with exhaustion seeping from every pore as he studied earnestly. But, with further examination, I noticed a few things were off about the scene in front of me.

Dayu has a habit of pulling and tugging on his hair when he is frustrated or feeling overwhelmed. If, he had been studied as long as he appeared he would have at some point sunk into his usual habit. His hair should be standing on end in every direction except flat. Instead, his hair was combed and glistening held in place by hair wax and gel. I felt the corner of my mouth lift in his attempt to fool me. If his kitten was trying to present the visual of an overworked college student he was failing miserably.

Dayu had too many tells that gave him away. He tried to pretend not to notice when I walked in but I saw his shoulders tense as I entered the room. In his hands he held a notebook that he was "studying" but his gaze was locked on the floor in front of him. his knee was bouncing to quickly paced cadence only he could hear.

He wasn't fooling anyone but himself if he thought I was going to buy into that horrible performance.

But, despite his horrible acting skills I wanted to see what deranged plan he had laid out for me. So, here now I am waiting for him to come downstairs so I can provide him with a meal he thinks coerced out of me. Sweet kitten of mine I will let you lead me until I tire of this game.

I called and made arrangements for dinner while Dayu made the attempt to hide near the stairway that led to the garage as the last of his ten minutes ticked. He had been lurking and looking around the corner the entirety of my wait. I had seen him appear in the rear-view mirror.

Dayu shows up next to the car in an exaggerated huff. He folds himself into my passenger seat and looks at me expectantly.

"Buckle your seatbelt."

I turn away and pull out of the garage and into to traffic. We rode in silence but I could see the devious wheels spinning in Dayu's head in my peripheral. When we pulled up to the restaurant Dayu's eyes go wide.

"This place is ing expensive! Why are we here? "

I gave him a silent look of irritation before answering.

"You were so busy this afternoon that you were unable to eat. Or at least that is what you claimed. Why would I want my studious, and clearly struggling room to gorge himself on cheap greasy food that would break his focus by disrupting his stomach. Better to feed you quality food that will help nourish your brain for studying."

Dayu rolled his eyes and grabbed the handle to let himself out of the car.

"You could have just said because it's healthier. But no being the snarky, long-winded asshat you are had to go and give a whole speech for a simple question."

Dayu was leaning over the hostess podium, smiling at the girl behind it when finally followed him inside. He was spewing sickeningly cheesy lines at the girl in what I would assume was an attempt at appearing charming. I smirked at his actions. Let the games begin.

Dayu POV

When Qing I was already working on the plan. He was going to see that I am desirable to other people and don't need or want his...affection. Not in the ing least do I need his stupid touches and caresses, his hot tongue on my body and in my mouth, his long fingers wrapped--WHAT THE ING AM I THINKING!

I shake my head to clear my mind and resume my flirtations with the hostess.

"Wow, what is a beauty like yourself doing working in a restaurant. You should be gracing the covers of ELLE or Vogue, not standing here being baiting men to dine here with your beauty. We were going to past this place by until I saw you standing here. I wanted to bask in your ethereal presence up close if even for a few minutes."

The hostess gave me a strange look before replying.

"Uh...thank you. How many people in your party sir? I am sorry but there will be a bit of a wait."

Qing chooses that moment to walk up behind me. The hostess' eyes went wide and a squeak of a giggle escaped her lips as she let her eyes roam over Qing's body. I rolled my eyes at her actions. He is not that ing handsome besides she should be concentrating on her job not trying eye my man. MY ROOMMATE! Wang Qing is not my man, what on the south side of hell am I ing doing right now. I grow irritated at myself and snap my fingers in front of the star-struck silly wench in front of me.

"Yah, hey there will be two of us. How long is the wait going to be."

She startles like she just remembered I was there like I wasn't just chatting her up a few seconds ago. This silly looked at me like I just interrupted her favorite television drama. She snatches her clipboard off the podium and eyes it before dropping it back down with a clatter.

"I have two reservations ahead of you and all the tables are currently full so about two hours. You can have a seat at the bar if you wish."

She points in the general direction of the bar then turns her attention back to Qing. Who the does this simple-minded thinks she is dismissing! I was about to tell her about herself when Qing stepped forward. Of course, she was all smiles when she looked at him, the dumb .

"We have a reservation under Wang Qing, I just spoke with you on the telephone a few minutes ago."

Great leave it to this overprivileged to make a ing reservation making my prior performance come across as greasy and erted. Lucky for me the girl was only interested in Qing's face to care about me. I bang on her podium to get her attention from Qing face.

"Sorry to interrupt your blatant staring at my friend's face but I am hungry. So, if it won't take too much time for to stop ogling would you like to seat us."

The hostess turns an ugly shade of angry red. She silent snatches two menus and beckons us to follow her to our table. Qing has a self-satisfied grin on his face as he allows me to go first. What the is he so damn smug about anyway. him and his entire ancestry, I won't let him continue to dominate me.

She seats us at a table close to the window and out of the line of most of the other patrons of the restaurant. She smiles sweetly as she hands Qing his menu and offers him suggestions on house specialties. My menu is dropped without grace on the table as she walks back to her station. her too that's why Qing would never be interested in a spiteful like her anyways.

I look over the menu half-heartedly trying to figure how to further enact my plan but was coming up short on solutions when Qing spoke.

"Our other companion just arrived."

When the did he have time to invite someone else to join us.

"Why would you invite someone else along when I am stressed enough over studies and now I have to try to make civil conversation with some obnoxious friend of yours. This was meant to help me relax was it not? How the am I supposed to relax making small talk with some stranger over the only meal I will have today?!

Qing just smiles broadly and stands to greet his guest. My back was to the lobby so I have yet to see who was arriving, as though I give a . I stand and turn contempt rippling across my features until watched the guest walk nervously over to our table.

"Mom?!"

She smiles and rushes to wrap me in a hug, leaving me no choice but the embrace her in my confusion.

"Qing called and said you were overworking yourself and thought that a visit with me would raise your spirits. Are you surprised?"

My mother stepped back to look me over before turning and embracing Qing in a similar manner. I watched this sneaky hug my mother coiling around her small frame like the rattlesnake he is and smirk at me over her shoulder. Then, he did something despicable. He winked at me. I don't know what the wink was about but I was suddenly nervous about this lunch date. The situation was out of my control now and definitely not going according to my plans.

Well, .

Qing's POV

As I assist Dayu's mother in sitting he continues to stand and stare at us with a dazed, defeated look on his face. It seems my kitten has realized whatever he was attempting to do was now bested before it even had a chance to take action. I smiled even more before motioning for Dayu to return to his seat. His mother has a girlish blush on her face and she was nervously adjusted her blouse while looking around.

"You look beautiful Auntie. I happy to see you again. Although it seems I only run to you when Dayu is in need."

She smiles and pats my hand on the table.

"It's not a problem. I am always happy to see my boys no matter the situation."

I glanced over at Dayu who seemed disgruntled about his mother's choice of words. I lean back and smile at her and decided to put my own plan into action.

"Actually I also invited you here for my own selfish reasons. I need to get your opinion on a serious subject."

Dayu leaned forward and gave me a questioning look before speaking.

"What serious subject could you possibly have to speak about with my mother?"

His mother huffed indignantly and straightened her back in her chair.

"Just because I am not college educated, Dayu doesn't mean I don't have anything intelligent to say."

Dayu eyes went wider than I have ever seen, it was comical to watch as he floundered in front of his mother's hurt feelings and silent fury.

"That's not what I was trying to say, Mom. I just meant what does he want your opinion on, not that your opinion doesn't matter, I mean of course you have opinions and you are very smart...."

His clamped her hand over his mouth. Effectively quieting his rambling. I should try that approach, I wonder if being bound and gagged would appeal to him. I decided to help him appease his mother.

"I believe what Dayu was trying to ask what issue is so serious that I had to seek the guidance of a mother."

Dayu nodded behind her hand. Auntie removed her hand from his mouth and smiled at me.

"You should be the one teaching Dayu, it seems his mouth is still lagging behind his brain. He says the first thing that pops into his mind."

Dayu chokes on the sip of water. I watch him as he fidgets with the silverware and napkin. I can tell he is worried about what I am going to say to his mother. He should be. He wanted to play games with me and I can't allow him to think I am one to trifle with as he sees fit.

"Auntie, he is just nervous about his situation and is afraid of your reaction."

She leans forward and grabs her son's hand in an attempt to comfort him from a yet known antagonist.

"Dayu, you can tell me anything. We have talked about so many things over the years. It's the two of us against the world remember. You said the two of us will always be honest. Tell mommy what's bothering you."

I watched amused as he looks for words and flounders trying to figure out what he needs to say. His eyes fall on me and are pleading me for help. I sip my water and reach for his mother's other hand, drawing her attention to me. When she looks at me I give a weak smile and speak.

"Auntie, Dayu is worried he will lose your, love, and respect if he tells you. I am worried myself how you will view me as well."

I glance over at Dayu. I can see the pieces of the conversation are starting to fall into place in his brain as he works out what is happening. I waited until I saw the realization ripple across his feature before continuing.

"Auntie, Dayu, and I are in love and want your blessing."

I hear take a deep intake of breath and smile as I meet his panicked eyes. Poor kitten things are not going the way he wants them. But things seem going smoothly according to my plans