Dancing With Boys

Trainee Life

“What are you doing here Nana?” they asked curiously.

“I think I’m here to dance with you guys, because Ms. Ko asked me to come here. I have never danced with a whole group of guys before. I’m nervous and I don’t know what to expect.” I grinned.

“Don’t worry, you have us here!” Jackson said.

“Yup!” I smiled at Yugeom. The more I look at Mark, the better looking he becomes. What am I even saying, I like JB! I also wonder if Yugeom will still act the same way as he did when JB and Youngjae was around. I heard that he loves dancing, so I don’t know what his attitude will be like.

Ms. Chao entered the door, and clapped her hands to get our attention.

“Oh I didn’t know that Nana will also be in our class from now on!” Ms. Chao winked at me.

“Good afternoon, Ms. Chao!” I said.

We did warm ups, and I felt weak. I still had to continue because I don’t want Ms. Ko to kick me out. After warming up, we learn the dance for the song called Skydive by B.A.P. This dance had more jumping than the girl’s choreography. The choreography was challenging, and Yugeom was laughing and talking behind about how much I at dancing. I was wrong his attitude changed, and now he’s a mean person again. While we were dancing Jinyoung was my neighbor who had no expression. I started wobbling halfway, and Bambam and Jackson couldn’t stand how much I was struggling.

“What is your problem Nana? Why did you come to this class if you are going to fool around?” Bambam yelled at me.

“I’m sorry that I wobbled, but I’m not fooling around. You just blame me, and you never asked me why I was wobbling around.” I replied back holding in my tears. This dance class is much harder than the girl’s dance class. I also feel really weak, even though I ate enough food to fill my stomach.

“What do you think you guys are doing? We still have dance class, you can’t just stop in the middle and start blaming each other on things.” Ms. Chao screamed.

“I’m sorry Ms. Chao!” I bowed and continued dancing to the music.

“I’m sorry Ms. Chao. Sorry Nana for making you feel bad, I should’ve never brought that up.” Bambam bowed to both of us. We practiced five to six more times, and I started to get the hang of things.

“Now you may have a 15 minutes break, and we will be learning Monster by EXO.” Ms. Chao said.

Yugeom came up to me while I was drinking my water, he challenged me to a dance battle. I denied his challenge and he called me a loser. I really don’t understand why he has to be so mean to me, I thought we already settled our disputes. I guess not, so I decide to speak up.

“Why do you like to pick on me? I’m really tired, and I would like to relax during my break.” I asked him in an angry tone.

“I’m mean to you, because I take dance seriously, while you don’t. You keep messing up.” Yugeom replied back in a serious tone.

“I do take dance seriously, I’m just really tired. If you didn’t know, I already danced for three hours. I have do both the girl’s and boy’s dance class. Isn’t that already too much, also the fact that our training doesn’t end until 6pm.” I said.

“Well that’s your problem!” Yugeom said leaving the conversation. I wanted to cry so badly, but I didn’t want to create such a big scene. I held my tears in.

“Are you okay Nana?” Bambam asked.

“Yup, I’m fine!’’ I grinned.

“I’m sorry about how I treated you before.” Bambam said.

“Thank you for being so nice to me unlike Yugeom!” I smiled.

“Just ignore Yugeom, when he enters the dance world, he acts differently!” Bambam said.

“Ahh okay!” I felt happier, because this isn’t how Yugeom usually acts.

“Guys, break is over!” Ms. Chao shouted. Dang it, I didn’t get a chance to talk to Mark, he seems like a calm guy. Much better than Yugeom, every time I say his name I feel irritated. We learned another dance called Bang Bang by Big Bang. This dance involved a lot of group work, which none of us were ready to do. I felt bad for Ms. Chao, because she tried her best to set up the formation, but we still couldn’t work together. I could tell she got sick of us and just wanted to scream at us.

Ms. Chao’s mind, “I don’t understand how they can’t work together. I already set up the formations for them which would make the whole dance easier. I want to yell at all of them so badly, but if I do. Then I probably won’t get my results as quickly as possible. I’ll have them figure it out in an hour.”

“Guys, I have a mission. The mission is to learn this whole dance together in an hour. I’ll leave the room, and by the time I come back, you guys better be ready. If you guys aren’t ready, then all of you would have do 30 pushups every day.” Ms. Chao said confidently.

She left the room, leaving us to decide upon our self what we would want to do. “Let’s have Yugeom lead us through the dance, since he’s the best dancer here!” one of my classmate recommended.

Everyone agreed except me, but nobody noticed my opinion. In my opinion, I think it’s best if we all work together to find out our weak points. Then we can break of into groups to practice on it for a while. After that, we could practice the whole dance together, until we are good.

“Let’s start from the beginning!” Yugeom commanded. I followed his command just like everyone. I found out our weak point before he did. We messed up the whole dance in the beginning when we have to clap our hands. I think not everyone got the right beat of the music, so my strategy is to have some people clap. The other people can create their own parts, so it fits with the music. I don’t know how I’m going to get everyone to agree or allow me to explain what my idea is.

“We are a mess, who doesn’t know the whole dance? I won’t make fun of you, please come out.” Yugeom demanded. Some people were too shy to come out and say they didn’t know the dance. “I have an idea!” I shouted. Every one stared at me in shock, nobody ever expected me to say a word. Especially since the fact that Yugeom and I have a rocky relationship.

“What’s your idea?” Yugeom rolled his eyes.

“My idea is to have everyone split into groups to practice on their weak points in the dance. I also noticed that in the beginning, when everyone claps it’s not sync. I think it’s best to have the people that knows the beat of the music to do it, and the other people can be creative about what they want to do. The only limit to what they can do is to make sure it fits with the beat. What do you guys think?” I ran out of breath.

Everyone started cheering, so I guess my idea was good. Yugeom was blown away, and he never expected I think deeply about things.

Yugeom’s mind, “I guess I have underestimated Nana for her talent. Now I regret being for cold towards her in the past. I feel like a joke now, I’m not sure how to properly apologize to her. I’ll ask JB or Youngjae for help, because they know Nana the most.”

“Wow Nana, I’m amazed! Then let’s do as you say!” Yugeom smiled. For an hour I lead everyone, and I felt awesome. It was because it was my first time leading everyone to the right direction. I had a lot of responsibility, and it was nice to work with everyone. I get to learn more about everyone. That hour was over, and Ms. Chao returned. We performed our best, so we can escape form the punishment in the end. Ms. Chao was just as blown away as Yugeom was earlier.

“How did you guys pull this off?” She asked mysteriously.

“We pulled it off with the help of Nana!” Everyone chanted my name. I think you might’ve been able to hear it in Mr. Tim’s class which is across the hallway.

“Nice job Nana!” Ms. Chao gave me a pat and left the class once again. Then this time she’s happy compared to last time when she left the class.

“Let’s have dinner together!” JB said.

“Sorry, I have to go somewhere!” I said.

“Oh, where do you have to go?” Mark finally came out of the shadow.

“None of your business, sorry if that came out the wrong way. I need to go!” I rushed to leave the building, so I can see Kitty.

“What is she hiding from us that is so important?” Jackson asked curiously causing some ugly faces his way. Jinyoung looked at him in disappointment. Jackson questioned himself, what did I do??