Arriving To JYP

Trainee Life

October 9th, 2016

Momo and I held our hands tight together, ready to have our world transformed. When we entered the studio, the first paper we saw said. “Dating is banned, and boys and girls are separated as trainees.” I thought that was unfair, because some trainees come into the company as siblings of different gender. It would make it harder for them to visit each other.

“Do you think the separation between females and males is fair?”- I curiously asked Momo.

“No, but I don’t want to cause any trouble, we are here as trainees. We aren’t here as researchers complaining about what’s fair or not,” she replied in a cold tone.

“Fine, gezz…” I grunted.

“Guys circle around, we will have a week of intense training. After that week is over we will have an elimination round. This is where we only keep half of the trainees. This might encourage you guys to work harder, and don’t be lazy.” Ms. Ko said. (Our coach)

“Wow there are more competition than I expected,” Nana smiled in a way where she’s reading to K.O anyone.

“First we will have our fitness training!” Ms. Ko shouted to get every one’s attention.

We all lined up in the fitness room to get ready to be measured. The fitness room was equipped with all the machines for the idols and trainees to become muscular. It was my sister’s turn, and I’m after her.

“Momo, please step on the scale,” Ms. Ko said.

Momo’s mind, “I hope that I’m not overweight. If I am, then I need to start dieting. I rather not since mom told me how bad dieting is for us. Also I can’t forget that Nana went on a diet, so she can lose weight, and look at her now. Let’s just wait for the results.”

After getting off the scale, Ms. Ko looked uncertain. That left Momo with a bad impression.

“You are underweight. If you starting doing ab training, then you will look perfect as an idol. You should maintain this weight, and don’t eat too much. If you do, then things might not go well for you. Next!” Ms. Ko said without even taking a breath. I think she is well experienced, because if I was her I would be nervous.

Momo’s mind, “Nice job, all I need to do is do more ab workout. Ms. Ko will help us with that. I wonder what Nana’s comments will be.”

I got on the scale, knowing that was extremely underweight. I am not worry about her comments, because they are probably going to be eat more. After I got off the scale, that’s exactly what she said or not.

“Nana are you anorexic?” Ms. Ko asked without feeling any guilt. She made everyone silent, and all my classmates were staring at me.

“ Yes, why?” I asked in a serious tone.

“Well, it’s because we don’t allow sick trainees in JYP. You should leave now, and please take all your suitcases.” Ms. Ko said.

“So you are kicking me out, because I’m anorexic. Aren’t you discriminating me, and it’s not like I have a sickness that will spread. I also have medicine to cure my sickness.” I defended myself.

“Fine you can stay, but you must stick to my eating plan for you. If you miss out on any meals, you must leave immediately.” Ms. Ko glanced and looked away from me.

“Fine!” I yelled back.

Ms. Ko’s mind, “I’m sorry for the way I’m treating you. I just don’t want you to affect how other people eat. Since I’m in charge of all of the female trainees, I hold a lot of responsibility. I have to be careful, so I hope you can treat me nicely. If you ever yell at me again, I’m going to discipline all of you guys. If you guys act like that, then none of you will survive in the industry.”

I likely not finish everything Ms. Ko wants me to eat. I didn’t mention to her about my puking problem. Even if I do, I’ll create even more trouble. Also she can use that against me, and I don’t like the way she questions people about their past health.

Ms. Chao is our gym/ fitness teacher. She came in after Ms. Ko was done with checking our health. Now it’s time for the fitness exam to see how active we are. Ms. Chao started class by having us do warm ups. I always loved gym and so do Momo. She assigned us a challenge. It was who can hold their plank the longest, and I was the one. Momo gave up after our classmate Rosie quit and giggled. Ms. Chao complimented me for being strong.

“I’m also your dance teacher as well, so we already did warm ups. Let’s get into dance then,” Ms. Chao said. Our dance class passed by very slowly, because Ms. Chao screamed about how ridiculous our dancing skills are. Except Momo, Rosie, Lisa, and I, so she whispered to us that we will be definitely make it next week. We danced for about three hours, and it was close to lunch time. We were all really tired.

“Okay, class is over. See you guys tomorrow!” Ms. Chao smiled and left the room. We all bowed to her showing our respect before she left.