Her Decision

Reality or Fantasy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yam's POV*

Visiting New York was definitely one of my biggest dreams when I was younger. I never thought I'd be able to experience watching the snow drifting down slowly from the sky as the children outside stomped their boots on the snow and tugged their parents excitedly to join them catching the snowflakes into their little mittens. Unknowingly, a small chortle escaped from my lips at the endearing sight in front of me until a swift breeze emanating from the small window opening brought my thoughts into a halt. The cold was truly unbearable at this time of the year that even the thickest clothing and blanket you put over one another will never be enough.

Shivering incessantly, I found myself outstretching my hands over the fireplace and basking in the warmth of the cozy living room of the hotel we've checked in. For someone who's not used to the climate, you'd certainly feel your body tremble, your face numb, your hands flinch and a quiver of chills sent down to your spine. Few minutes passed when the cold had extremely taken over again, I was forced to breathe into my own hands and hugged my knees tightly only to crave for someone's presence and embrace.

Flashback

I'm now in front of Uncle Rob's rest house where Kim is currently residing since she left the mansion. This is my last resort as she didn't try to pick up every call I'm giving few hours ago. Getting rid of any shred of doubt in my veins, I gently knocked on the door to start settling the mistaken incident.

"Yam?" the old man acknowledged me after opening the door, rubbing his puffy red eyes which indicate that he dozed off already when I came. "What are you doing here? I thought you're going out with Kim?" he looked over to me with confusion.

Inhaling sharply, I admitted to him honestly. "Uh..m, we have a sort of mis...understanding on something Uncle so I need to talk to her before everything is completely messed up." I raised my eyes to look at Uncle Rob, desperate to give me the answer I needed. "But she's not here."

"Oh!" I swallowed  the lump in my throat before thinking other ways to find Kim. "Maybe, Zee knows where she is, I'll go ahead Uncle." As I was about to storm out of the house, I felt a light tap on my shoulder and he suddenly spoke, "Wait Yam! You know at times Kim wants to go somewhere quiet and peaceful when she needs space to figure things out, right? This might help you, I guess. If you found her, let me know, will you? I'm worried of that kid."

"I will. Thank you so much!" I told the old man compassionately with a sad smile on my lips.

Without wasting much time, I immediately grabbed a taxi to bring me into the riverside. That was the first thing that came to my mind when I remembered Kim mentioning it to me the day she had an argument with her dad. The entire ride had been quiet which made me grow nervous thinking how the conversation with Kim will turn out.

Once I handed over the payment to the driver, my eyes probed around the area until I caught the familiar figure tossing small pebbles in indefinite directions. Just as she turned around, she stood there frozen as our eyes met each other before she began walking away towards her car, certain to ignore my presence. My mind went blank to think at the moment so I quickly rushed on her side to grab her wrist a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter