Heartbreak

Reality or Fantasy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim’s POV*

Destiny draws two people closer to each other but it’s funny to think that out of millions of people you get to encounter and bump with; only one of those owns the hands that would perfectly fit yours, a pleasant laughter that is soothing to your ears the moment you hear it, a face that you wouldn’t get tired of staring at everyday and the touch that made you feel like there are hundreds of butterflies inside your stomach.

Yam and I have been together for almost 2 years now. I remember when I first met her, she was so shy back then and didn’t have much friends. She was a senior in Rangsit University and I was a sophomore. Her father forced her to take Business Management even if she refused to. Learning all of these, I could tell that she, indeed, is the actual epitome of a great daughter. But what captured my heart was her loving personality and enormous positivity in life. Don’t get me wrong. I love her so much but I feel like there’s something missing in our relationship. Is it because we’re not stepping up our game yet? Or are we too young to commit without realizing the future ahead of us?

 

At Yam’s Condominium…..

“Oh my God Kim, you scared the crap out of me! Please don’t do that again, I almost had a heart attack.” My girlfriend said, glaring at me because I caught her off guard. I really want to so I hugged her from behind and swiftly kissed her cheek while she’s busy rummaging her closet.

“Alright I’m sorry babe, I just want to remind you of our date tomorrow. I’ll pick you up in the studio at exactly 7pm. Don’t be late okay?” I uttered, putting my hands up and trying to stifle my amusement to her reaction.

“Well, my schedule is not so hectic so I guess I could leave earlier. I’ll just tell Jonas tomorrow.” My eyes widen in disbelief with what she had just said. This is one of the rarest moments when I could drag Yam away from her work easily. Well, I think I’m lucky enough.

“Really? Wow, I’m so excited Yam. You know this means a lot to me having you there all throughout the night in the most important event of my life.” I exclaimed, thinking that everything I had planned for our 2nd anniversary will not be put into waste.

“OURS Kim. She corrected me, displaying a huge grin on her face at the moment. “That would be memorable for me too. By the way, what would I wear?”

“Just be yourself babe. I love you whatever you wear anyway.” I answered her simply.

“Uhm, Kim? Can you do me a favor?” Yam asked me, brushing my hair with her free hand, playing with the long dark strands delicately which almost covered my neck.

“Of course, what is it?” I nodded my head in response.

She sighed heavily before gathering the courage to talk. “Look, I’m not saying this again to offend you but don’t you really want to cu---------

My excitement faded away because I already knew where this conversation is heading so I cut her off to defend myself. “Cut my hair? And change my clothing style? What are you trying to imply Yam? This is me! This is what I want to be and you can’t change that in just one snap of finger. It’s not my fault that I’m a simple person who’s not taking advantage of her father’s wealth. You know what, I’m tired of going over and over on this conversation. I should go now.”I slammed the door in her room without giving her any opportunity to respond.

 

Yam’s POV*

“Why are you like this Kim? I’m only doing this because this is the best for us. I’m not asking you to completely change yourself for me but ever since I became a professional model, I want you to somehow adapt in my environment and love my career as much as I do. People could mock us if my image wouldn’t be perfect as what they expected.

I pull out my phone inside my pouch and texted Kim, “I’m sorry babe, I shouldn’t have said that.” That would be better I guess to avoid any arguments.

 

At the Modeling Studio…..

Once the photo shoot was over, I made my way to the bathroom to fix myself and get ready for my d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter