Preparations (Part 2)

Reality or Fantasy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the mall.....

"Uhh Tave----- P'Kim! Let's go to that store! I want to buy a new dress." Ava called; interrupting her big sister just so she could drag them directly along to her favorite store.

The two immediately met each other gazes as Tavee assured Kim that they'd still stick to their original plan of buying what they needed for their senior night. "It's fine, we can buy mine and yours later."

"Alright, come on 'cause time is running. I might change my mind with my plans." Kim uttered.

"Well, what are even your plans for today?" Tavee inquires; curious if the tom has other things in mind to do for the day.

"First, I want to get a new haircut. Seco----"Woah wait! Did I hear you right? You want to cut your hair?" The tall girl stops from walking; making sure that what she has heard is right.

"Yeah, for a change," Kim confirmed. "It gets tiring if I keep on having these bangs that almost cover half of my face."

This answer has earned furrowed eyebrows from the tall girl because as far as she knows, Kim isn't exactly the type of person who would change something she hasn't done for a long time without having a deeper reason.

"Seriously? Is that the only reason?"

"Yes, were you expecting something else?" Kim queried, pretending she didn't know what Tavee was pointing out. "Look, Tavs. I want us to enjoy this day and that special event that will come. Let's move on from all those nightmares of the past, can we?"

Tavee closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "If you say so, Kim. It's just so nice seeing you like this. You have changed so much."

"Was that bad?"

The tall girl chuckled, holding Kim's hands as the latter fixed her eyes on her. "Of course not, it's great."

The two shared smiles that were painted all over their faces when someone shouted and completely interrupted their moment. "P'Kim! Can you help me? These clothes are too heavy for me." The little girl whines while carrying a ton of dresses she had picked from the store.

"What's with these dresses by the way? Were you done fitting them all?" The tom asked, inspecting the dresses she was now holding.

"I'm actually thinking of buying them all."

"WHAT?!" Kim disagreed immediately, "No, you just pick one."

"Kim, why don't you just let her buy whatever she wants?" Tavee suggested, eyeing the little girl's reaction.

"No Tavs, I don't want to spoil her. She's too young to spend money that much."

The little girl pouts and blinks her eyes repeatedly which Kim finds cute. "But I really like that leotard dress, P'Kim. That would be useful for my ballet class."

"Okay, then get that one."

Not satisfied with just one dress to be taken home, Ava tried once more to convince her big sister to another one. "What about that cute winter dress they have there?"

"Oh, don't tell me you're going to use that for your class as well?"

"No, but I really dreamt of having one. Puhleeease?" Ava reasoned out, making Kim look pleased with the response and adorable facial reactions her little sister was doing.

"Ugh! Fine, she'll get this one as well." Kim sighs heavily, handing over some money to the cashier for payment before going back to her sister who's smiling from ear to ear at the thought of her new collections. "Hey you, you're using those eyes to get me uhh."

The little girl can't help but giggle at Kim's reaction which made Tavee join the conversation and annoy her senior night partner even more. "So what happened to, "I don't want to spoil her, Tavs."?

"How can I refuse to a face like that?"

"I told you, you can't. Oh come on, don't give me that pouting lips, Kimmy; just go get the leotard princess now so we can go to our next stop." Kim did as she was told, caging her little sister in her arms before the latter could even start rehearsing some steps and spins in circles like a real ballet dancer. "So where will we go now?"

Tavee grins and holds Kim's hand. "It's time to have some make-over on you, my prince."

=====

Meanwhile, at the mall's food court...

"Ready, Pie?" Jane asked, watching the smaller girl munching the last piece of her food.

"Alright, I'm done." Pie delightfully said that what s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter