Looks Familiar

Reality or Fantasy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pie’s POV*

While we’re on our way to the mall, Pei got a call from Fern saying that she wanted to talk to me about something important. She got to me through him because she knows I don’t have a phone since I only spend my money on necessary things. Besides, I always give most of my salary to my mom to at least contribute on other expenses in Aunt In’s house. The rest will be my allowance only in school including food, transportation and projects if we have.

F:         Hello Pie? Mom called to tell me that your mom has a high fever and she fainted while washing the dishes earlier.

P:        What? Oh my God, I’m coming home now Fern.

F:        No Pie. She’s fine now. Luckily, her fever went down after she had her rest. But Mom asked if maybe you can buy her                                    soup before going home.

P:        Tell her I will. Thanks Fern and to Aunt In as well. Is there anything else she needs?

F:         Uhm, That's all I think. I already bought her medicines and a new blanket. I’m on my way now there, it’s just… the traffic here                          .

P:        I promise to pay you back next week, Fern. I’m sorry it caused you too much trouble.”

F:        Can you please stop that? You know I’ll never ask for anything in return most especially from you. Your mom is my aunt and                         I do love her as much as you do. No worries Pie, I got your back.

P:        I don’t know what to say, thank you so much…

F:         No problem. See you later!

“What happened, Pie?”

“Mom is sick. I’m so worried Pei. I don’t want something bad happen to her, she’s all I have.” It hurts me to think that the last time she got sick, it was so bad. The doctor even said that if her cough and fever don’t go away after a week, it might have been a pneumonia but fortunately, it’s been prevented.

“Don’t say that. You have us, princess. You’re mom is a strong woman, she just needed to take a break.” Pei comforted me, nudging my arm gently assuring that everything’s gonna be alright.

“I guess, you’re right.” I let out a content sigh, agreeing with him.

 

Kim’s POV*

“Seriously, Zee? You didn’t even bother to text me where I could find the girls in this damn mall?” Kim irritatingly checked her phone once more before stepping out of the car seeing that none of her friends were able to answer her calls.

AT MBK CENTER…..

Battling out where to go first inside the mall, I felt like my feet found its way towards this newly-opened café. Since I hadn’t eaten anything at all, I think a cup of coffee is a perfect way to start the day. The place wasn’t so spacious but the ambiance and the sense of warmth its environment is bringing to the customers is just so relaxing. Well, that’s what I’ve heard from few friends of mine and I can’t wait to taste it; my favorite cappuccino.

As I walked through the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter