Preparations (Part 1)

Reality or Fantasy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay so tell me everything," Fern says, dragging Pie to the couch.

"I saw them kissing, Fern."

"What?! Are you sure about this, Pie? You might be wrong."

"They did. They did it inside the campus. God, my head hurts right now!" Pie exclaimed, pressing her fingers in her temple.

Judging by the absence of a response and the kind of stare Fern is giving to Pie at the moment, the latter knew that her cousin was going to say something that could hit her over the edge. "What?"

"Nothing, you're just being too jealous. I just can't really imagine that I'll be able to have a conversation like this with you."'

"Conversation about what?"

"About love." The taller girl is looking at the brunette's facial expression, waiting for her to utter the words that she wants to hear the most.

"Geez, I'm not in love." She mumbled under her breath. Fern shook her head when she heard this and spoke, "Go ahead and keep telling yourself that. When you're ready to accept your real feelings, come to me then and I'll help you deal with it."

"But...." Pie frowns, getting slightly defensive.

"Oh and by the way Pie?" Fern says. "I don't think Kim did that, you should know better than that." The taller girl said and walked into the kitchen to grab her phone, leaving her cousin dumbfounded.

 

After having that serious talk with her cousin, Pie seems to get kind of lost in what's happening around her. She was looking at the board right now, her features looked like she was intently listening but in reality, she wasn't. Her presence is in the room but her mind is somewhere else. Luckily, their teacher wasn't that strict and didn't seem to notice how the brunette was acting right now.

Kim, on the other hand, was playing with her pen, endlessly pressing it and making a click sound when Zee threw a crumbled paper at her. "What's with you, buddy?"

"Yeah, you've been acting weird since you came back." Nan closed her notebook, trying to join the conversation.

What's with her?

She wants to say Pie's name.

Pie, that goddamn piece of ing perfection and the girl doesn't even know about it. The brunette is literally driving her insane and even if she doesn't want to admit it, she surely can't lie to herself.

"What are you guys talking about? I'm perfectly fine." Kim defended, looking over her shoulder with squinted eyes on Mario.

The lad scoffed, not believing her response. "Yeah right. Fool me with that response."

"Whatever guys, I don't want to ruin my mood 'cause I still have to go out with Tavee today."

"Tavee? Really?" Jane can't help but react because she has known the blonde girl's reputation ever since. It's not helping either that the latter will go out with her friend like nothing happened.

"Why? Guys, she's a nice person if you only give her a chance."

 

That's it! That's all Pie needs to hear.

"Uhh.. . F..Fern? Can we go now? I think I'm having a migraine." Kim is battling inside whether she'll go after Pie or not but when she heads out of the room, she is met with a giggling blonde girl with her two friends. "Hi Kim, I just wanna ask if you will pick me up later or we'll meet at the mall?"

"Of course, I'll pick you up later. Just be ready at 2 pm."

"Right. I'll go now, my driver's waiting for me outside. Bye Kim, see yah!" Tavee gave Kim a peck on the cheek and it seems like the whole campus has witnessed the interaction between the two heirs. The tom didn't mind that gesture from Tavee because she thought no one won't even care anyway.

 

At the Jittaleela's Residence...

"Nana Lucia, where's mom?"

"Oh, hey Kim. How's school? Your mom left earlier to go to the company. She said it's something very important because they will be discussing your potential clients and that's why she can't accompany you today." 

"Uh..." Kim fishes out her phone in her pocket. "I see. I had several missed calls from her. Alright thanks, Nana, I'll go now. You don't have to prepare a dinner for me, I might come home late."

Kim was about to head out when she noticed her younger sister peeking through her room's door. "Ava? What's wrong munchkin?"

"You're leaving me...again." The younger girl uttered with a gloomy expression, hugging her stuffed toy Nala tightly in her chest.

This is the kind of conversation that Kim avoids to have. She knew that during her phase of rebellion, her sister was the one who was affected the most. They are literally the closest and seeing Ava like this will only pour out her emotions and regret for what she has done before. Whatever happens, Kim always has a soft spot for Ava. Even if what she's going through right now are all rough patches, just having their youngest by her side will make everything alright.

"Of course not baby," Kim explained, kneeling down to kiss Ava on the forehead. "I'll be right back I promise, I just have to do something."

"Is it more important than Ava?" the younger girl looks up, clutching Kim's shirt with a single tear rolling down her cheeks.

Kim cupped the younger girl's face and sincerely said, "You know that there's nothing more important than you, right?" The younger girl frowns even more, forcing Kim to come up with another plan.

"Alright, I have an idea. Why don't you go with me instead?" Kim suggested, smiling down at her little sister.

"R...Really? Ava states with wide eyes, looking forward to her sister's idea.

"Why not? Besides, I want to spend time with my favorite sister and make up our lost time."

"P'Kim!"

"What?!"

"I'm your only sister so I should really be your favorite."

"You never changed, don't you? You still talk too much!"

"Ooopsy! No more talk P'Kim, just give me a piggyback ride." Kim stretches her hands and arms before bending herself down. "Right, be ready to hop on munchkin!" The younger heir clapped her hands excitedly as she threw her arms around Kim's neck.

"Wait here munchkin, I'll go inside for a while to get P'Tavee." Kim told the younger girl as he pulled up her car in front of Ruechanok's residence.

"Can't we wait for her here P'Kim?" Ava sighs, not wanting to wait any longer.

"I'll be right back in a few minutes, okay? So stop worrying." Kim patted the younger girl's head and was about to climb out of the car when she heard her sister murmur, "But...only girlfriends are being fetched by their b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter