Reconciliation

Reality or Fantasy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Pie's POV*

“I can’t believe you’re really here. But when did you come back? How’s your trip?” I eagerly asked Van as we settle ourselves inside the living room.

He stifles a laugh and that made me notice my sudden excitement on his coming back. Well, what does he expect me to do? I didn’t see him for so long and he barely kept in touch with me and Fern since he flew out of Thanyaburi.

“Relax, Pie. One question at a time.”

“Oh, I’m sorry. I just missed you.”

“I missed you too so much. Well, I arrived 3 days ago.”

“What!? And you didn’t tell me the moment you got here?”

“I wanted to surprise you, princess.” “Princess”… It doesn’t feel right. This is Van for God’s sake, my childhood friend and my first crush? I guess I’m not quite sure since I was so young back then and playful at times. But with Kim… everything seems so perfect and I even let her called me that.

“Uh—Pie?” Van called, snapping me out from my train of thoughts.

“Oh, I’m sorry I was just thinking something.”

“Mind to share it with me?” I shrugged my shoulders, implying my refusal to his idea.

No need for it. There’s no way I would tell you how failure your best friend is when it comes to love. Jeez…Can we change the topic, please?

As if reading my mind, he moved himself a bit forward and places his intertwined hands on the table before looking me straight in the eye. “I see. So, Pie I actually came here because I have to tell you something.”

“Why are you sweating, then? P’Van it’s just me, Pie. You seemed so nervous.”

“Because I am.” He said firmly.

I’m starting to think what it is that he wanted to say so badly because whenever we two hang out, he will just keep on teasing me until we both burst out into laughing. But now, you won’t find any traces of that habit in his face.

“Okay okay, just tell me what it is so we can move past this.”

“Would it make you feel better if I hold your hand like this?” I suggested, trying to lessen his bundle of nerves but my touch makes him drowned more in jittery.

“Yes, please.”

“Woo…” he took a deep breath while fidgeting with the collar of his shirt. “Okay so Pie….you know we’ve been friends for so long and I…I have grown to like you.”

“Of course, we wouldn’t be the best of friends if we don’t like each other, right?”

“No, not in that way. I mean, I like you more than friends and if you would allow me, I want to court you; that is if you’ll let me. ” he admitted bluntly, earning a gasp from me because I honestly didn’t see this coming.

"P'Van, I don't know------it's just...... I only see you as-------"

“Pie. Pie. Keep calm. Just think about it first, will you? Take your time. I’ll be waiting. But…” I raised my eyebrows, silently asking Van to continue what he’s going to say and answer my curiosity. It must be something good ‘cause I’m not planning to hear another shocking confession any time soon.

“But can you at least let me give you a ride to your school tomorrow?” he offered hopefully which I hesitantly accepted at first even though that’s the least I can do for him as of now.

“Ohh, O---kaay.”

“Thanks Pie.”

 

In the Jittaleela’s mansion….

*Kim's POV*

“Kimhan? Where have you been kid?!” Nana Lucia shouted as soon as she saw me entering the house.

“I’m sorry Nana Lucia for making you worried.” I hugged the woman tightly who took care of me for several years, not realizing a single tear rolled down my cheek.

“You’re too smart for your own good, Kim. You surely know how to take care of yourself. I’m just overwhelmed because wow, this seems surreal!” she wiped my tears using the pad of her thumb before shuffling my hair like what she used to do when I did something to make her proud.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be here for good.”

“That’s great! Now, go see your family. They have been waiting for you for ages. Just call me if you need anything.” Just as she’s about to turn around, I lay a hand on her shoulder expressing the gratefulness I felt towards her sacrifices for us.

“Thanks Nana, you’re the best. I’m lucky to grow up under your care.”

She smiled softly before smirking a little which lessens the drama between the two of us. “If that’s so, then you’re Nana Phan should be jealous of me.”

“She’s not here anyway, just don’t tell her I said that. But I really do miss her a lot and if given a chance, I would like to pay her a visit.

“Really? She’d be glad to see you again. But the last I’ve heard is that she and her daughter moved out from their old house.”

“Oh---will there be a way to find them easily?”

“Knowing phan, she probably didn’t tell anybody where she could be right now but her daughter… oh wait---your Nana said something about her daughter going to the same school as yours.”

“Great! I exclaimed, showing off my enthusiasm on seeing my former Nana and her family again. “Now, I’ll just have to meet her. What’s her name by the way?”

“I forgot Kim, but as soon as I get to speak with her again, I’ll tell you right off.”

“That makes me love you even more, Nana!”

“Lucia, can you ple-----------, what…, Kim?  I pulled away from Nana’s hold and tilt my head to see my mom staring at me in awe. “You’re here oh my God. Is this real?”

 “Mom…” As if on cue, Nana Lucia left us alone so we can talk privately.

“Baby, you really came back! Come here, I’m so happy you’re finally here with us again!”

This time, it’s my mom who extends her arm to engulf me into a hug which I happily accepted. “I’m so sorry mom. I’m the reaso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter