Working On The Plans

Reality or Fantasy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tavee's POV

I still can't believe that Kim just left me there to run after that poor girl. What did Kim even see in her? I basically have everything a guy could look for in a woman and there she is making me look like trash.

If Yam's here, I wonder how she's going to react to all of these. Like hey, if your ex would find someone to replace you, at least have someone who's far better than your past.

Yam...

Where the hell did you go? I thought that once you're gone, Kim will somehow look my way. But it seems like life, indeed, doesn't always go as planned. Kim, as stubborn as she is, would rather prefer to dig for copper than admire the gold right in front of her.

Well, if I can't get you for myself Kim, then I'll make sure someone will do it for me.

I got my phone from my nightstand to contact someone I knew would help me get Kim.

The call was answered within the third ring. "Yam?" I said but met with a male voice that I didn't expect to hear.

"Who are you? Why are you calling Yam?" The guy's tone is in obvious annoyance.

"I'm Tavee, her best friend. Well, former best friend I may say." I corrected, rolling my eyes. "And you? Why are you holding Yam's phone?"

The guy droned on sarcastically, "Because I'm her manager, don't you remember?"

As if I care who you are in Yam's life.

"Jon? Where's Yam? Let me talk to her." I said with traces of annoyance in my tone.

"No, you can't. She's very busy these past few days. I'll just tell her that you called." Sensing that something was up, I did what my guts told me to do. "Are you sure she really is BUSY?" I bravely asked, giving emphasis on the last word.

"Of course! What else would she be doing?" The voice on the other line has raised his voice a bit as if concealing something from me.

"Yeah, sure!" Knowing that I won't get something from this guy, I immediately ended the call. "Tell her to call me back. Bye."

Gosh, even with just his voice, he still sounds like a maniac! I wonder why Yam still doesn't change her management.

He's awful and it's kind of weird. Yam won't let anyone hold her phone. Anyway, I'll just call her again some other time. I threw my phone on the bed as I let myself relax again in this rainy season. I know I still have remaining classes to attend but my bed seems like inviting me to enjoy a short nap even more. I guess, I'll just be reporting to class late.

This is the kind of feeling that I want. It doesn't stress me out. It is very calming and romantic. Yes, romantic. It takes me back to the time when Kim finally stopped being a to me and covered me with her umbrella so I won't get drenched from the rain.

My endless thoughts of Kim came to a halt when I heard voices laughing in my dad's office which is just below my bedroom. Curious as to what they were talking about, I slowly went right in front of his door when I overheard the other guy say, "I told you, I came here because of Kim. I thought I would never see that kid being this happy. It feels like she has found a new life."

Oh, so Uncle Edward is here.

"And you think it's because of my daughter?" My dad asked.

"Yes. Why would I think of anybody else? I think we did the right thing."

"Well, didn't I agree right away?" My dad let out a soft laugh. "The kids need some time alone for themselves. We don't need to rush things."

"Let's have their engagement postponed for now. I'll tell you once I'm done arranging it." As soon as those words escaped from Uncle Edward's mouth, I froze on where I was standing. For the entire time, this is what these two are planning and talking about - our wedding.

"I don't see any reason to disagree, compadre."

"Alright, I better go now. We'll just keep in touch, compadre."

I guess I made the right choice not telling my dad what happened that night.

=====

"Got everything you need, princess?" Kim asked, turning off her car's engine. When she turned to look at Pie, the latter seemed to be a bit hesitant to step out.

"Yeah, I'm just a little bit nervous, I guess." Pie admitted.

"Why?"

"Because people are looking at us, Kim." Kim wandered her eyes to look around the campus. What her girlfriend has said is actually true. There are tons of students watching them or to be exact, waiting for them to be seen together.

"Why would you be nervous because of that?" Kim leaned over and unbuckled her girlfriend's seatbelt. Pie, on the other hand, has to hold her breath for a moment in surprise when Kim reaches over her body.

"I...I don't know." The smaller girl trailed off. "I just feel so exposed. Maybe, they don't like the idea of us being together." Pie said shyly.

"We don't need their approval, princess. I don't care what they would say about us. All I care is about you." Kim reminded her.

"Come on, our friends are waiting for us. Let me carry that for you, princess." Pie softly smiled at Kim's gestures and handed her stuff to the latter. Once Kim got out of the car, she swiftly made her way to the passenger side to open the door for Pie. "I should get used to this, shouldn't I?"

Before Kim could answer, the couple heard a familiar voice coming closer to them.

"Pie! Pie!" Puey called out.

As soon as Pie saw them, she engulfed her friends into a big hug as if telling them how she badly missed them. "Puey! Nerd! I missed you guys. How have you been?"

"Hmp! Still a single lady unlike you! Never thought boys could be this lame and boring."

"Aren't you a boy?" Nerd said out of nowhere, earning a glare from the squid.

"Oh my god! I didn't know you were with us." Puey teased Nerd, making the couple laugh at them. "Try to talk more often girl so we can feel your presence."

"Kim! Pie! Come, join us!" Zee tries to catch their attention from afar.

Kim dragged her girlfriend to her friends, smiling from ear to ear. "Hey guys! I want you to meet my girlfriend." Kim proudly introduced Pie to the group.

"Hi Pie, welcome to the group!" Jane immediately stood up and gave Pie a warm embrace.

"I know you can pull that off. Look at Kim, she never takes her eyes off of you." Jane whispered to Pie, making the latter glance at Kim who she noticed wearing a gorgeous smile on her face right now.

Pie admits how oblivious she is most of the time. She doesn't usually catch Kim staring at her but when she does, it doesn't make her awkward like everybody says. Instead, it actually amazes her how love can be this pure and innocent.

"Thanks, Pie for giving my dead brother another life." Zee dramatically said after hugging both Pie and Kim.

"Congrats Pie and Kim! Dude, she's a keeper. You're a very fortunate man." Mario expressed his warm welcome and approval of their relationship.

"Yeah, you have a very gorgeous girlfriend, Kim." Nan agreed to Mario.

"You guys are talking as if I'm such a hopeless romantic." Kim uttered in defense.

"You were close at that point." Zee teased.

"I wasn't!" Kim dismissed her claim.

"We even thought you had a mental disorder back then." Kim grimaced at Mario's expectant grin.

"But when Pie comes along, your feet are frozen at the ground every time you see her." Zee took the final blow.

"Oh, guys shut up! This is really embarrassing!"

Pie blushed and looked at Kim, "I found it really cute actually."

"See? Pie understands us more than you, dude." Zee beamed.

"Hi, honey!" Mario waved at Fern.

"Honey????" Everybody said in unison.

"Relax guys! This crazy is just kidding! Hehe..." Fern countered, covering Mario's mouth before the words fell out. "But I'm no---" Fern glared at him silently.

"Wow! Isn't this great? From one shocking confession to another." Zee piped in.

"You've got some explaining to do later, Baifern." Pie took the chance to embarrass her cousin.

"Finally, you've got some balls, dude!" Kim mocked him.

"Am I the only one who's single here?" Puey expressed his insecurity when suddenly; he felt a light tap on his shoulder, "I'm with you." Nerd spoke without any emotion.

"Alright, enough of that. Since everyone's here, can we now discuss our summer plans?" Zee initiated.

"Well, it depends. What do you have in mind?" Mario asked.

Zee thought for a moment then spoke, "Hmm, I want to go camping this time."

"That sounds like a good plan." Jane agreed with her boyfriend. "We haven't tried that. We just usually book on some luxury hotels every year. It's great to have a different summer experience this time."

"If everyone agrees, then count me in as well." Mario stated.

"What do you think, princess?" Kim asked her girlfriend, noticing that she was kind of hesitant to decide on her own. "Uhm, I'll talk to my mom first to see if I can go." Pie finally answered.

Kim understands Pie's situation. Although she's already at the right age to decide what she wants, she still considers h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter