A Date To Remember

Reality or Fantasy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you kidding me?!" Pie can't help but exclaim.

"What? Don't you like it?" Kim scratched the back of her head; worried that her efforts would just be put to waste.

"Are you kidding me? This is insane!" Pie's eyes almost popped out of their sockets as soon as they arrived at the place Kim had planned for the both of them. It is a food festival with a mini-carnival inside where you can be able to play fun-filled games and win big prizes while munching all of your favorite meals with thirst-quencher refreshments.

"I really want to go to a food festival for a long time now. It's one of my bucket lists."

"Then what happened? Why haven't you tried it until now?"

Feeling embarrassed, it took a moment before Pie got to respond. "We're not rich, Kim. I can't even afford to go to school back then."

Gaining this information, Kim can't help but feel sad about Pie's childhood. While she had everything that a child could ever ask for in life, there's Pie who never had the chance to enjoy what a kid should have experienced. "Alright, then let's make a deal. I would be asking you to write your bucket list into a piece of paper and I would do everything in my power to grant that. If not all, then at least some of it." Kim ventured.

"Why?"

"What do you mean, why?"

"Why are you doing this, Kim?"

"Because if you love someone; you'd do everything to make that person happy."

"I was never a fan of cliché or sappy love stories Pie ever since I got into a relationship. But I guess, I'm starting to change my perspective because of you."

"It's not bad, I'm telling you. Because I've never been better since I ran out of my past."

"You know what; I've been dying to know what happened between the two of you." Pie uttered; talking about Kim's past relationship with Yam.

"I'll tell you some other time, okay? This day is intended for us alone. I want to focus on you so we shouldn't think of anybody else right now, alright?"

"Alright, if you say so." Pie calmly responded, knowing that at the right time, she'd get to hear it from Kim.

"Come on princess, let's have some fun! I bet you can't beat me on those games over there." Kim smirked, confident enough that she could pull off any game today.

"Haha, you wish. You might regret saying that in the first place." Pie warned, unbuckling her seatbelt, and climbing out of the car first.

", I think I've got myself a competition." Kim muttered under her breath, nervously turning off the car engine, and went to follow Pie.

"What took you so long?" Pie said impatiently.

Kim's brows rose and then drew together in a frown that gave Pie a hint that there must be something important Kim could not be able to say. "Uhm Kim, is there something wrong?"

"Uhm there's something I've been meaning to ask you."

"Oh, should I be worried? What is that?"

Kim choked back the laugh that was threatening to burst out. "Erm, I just want to know how you can manage to walk that fast with those short legs of yours. Do you have some superpowers or what?"

Pie shot Kim a glare before running towards the latter. "What the------"

"Hey, I'm just kidding!" Kim defends with a laugh.

"Come here, you slow beast!" Pie called out, hitting Kim's arm playfully.

"Relax, princess. I won't run away anymore. It's tiring." Kim panted and threw her arms around her girlfriend.

Pie looped her hands around Kim's arms as she dragged the latter inside the carnival. "Oops, no time to rest my prince. It's time to start the competition."

"Oh! What have I gotten myself into?" 

=====

Out of all the games, the couple has joined, never did once Kim had won over Pie. When she thinks that she's very close to winning, there's Pie who'll surprise her at the end with her final blow. They even went to a karaoke booth just to test who was better at singing between them.

Kim, who was so confident in the tone of her voice, had finished her choice of song proudly. She smirked at the sight of Pie who was now standing a few inches away from her without any traces of nervousness. Since Kim got 98 out of 100, she just sat there while enjoying the music that kept coming to her ear. When it was Pie's turn to see her score, Kim got up and pumped her fist in the air to celebrate her victory. But after seeing a score of 99 on the screen, Kim's glorious moment immediately died down.

Pie was very amused to see Kim being distraught. It doesn't mean she's a sadist; she's just really curious as to how Kim would react every time she loses on something.

Kim was so close to putting down a red flag as a sign of defeat in their little competition. But when her silly ideas came in, she instantly gathered all of her lost confidence to offer her girlfriend one last game.

I'll make sure to win this time.

Besides, this is not merely a game after all. I can be able to get to know Pie better through this.

"Uhm... Pie? Is there a drink that you don't like the most?" Pie suddenly grew confused at this random question from Kim.

"Root beer. I don't like it 'cause it tastes like a medicine. P'boy made me try it one time."

"I see. Mine's orange juice by the way."

"What's wrong with that? It tastes sweet enough for you not to like it."

"Let me rephrase it, I don't like orange juice – a 100% concentrated one." Kim explicates.

Pie caught up to what Kim was trying to point out. "Oh, it makes sense. That's really sour."

"Hey, don't tell me you're planning to buy those?"

Kim smiled sheepishly while wiggling her eyebrows. "Yes, I am. Just give it a shot, Pie. I'm sure you'll enjoy our game."

Pie was about to say something when Kim spoke again, "Before you say anything else, here's the mechanics."

"We'll get to ask a question that will be answered by both of us. Remember that all of it must be answerable by YES or NO. If happens that your answer is yes, then you must take a gulp of your not-so-favorite drink. But if not, then you don't have to bother drinking it."

Thinking that this is Kim's way of paying back for her loss earlier, Pie exclaimed, "Geez! You just want me to put on the hot seat, Kimhan."

"Let's just say that I want to get to know you better and better each day."

Knowing that Kim will insist harder if she refuses; Pie then concedes. "Always know how to find a perfect reason, eh? Alright, consider me in."

"Perfect! Just wait here for a while, I'll be back."

=====

"Ready? I'll start, okay?"

I shall commence this with a blow.

"So, are you still a ?" Kim asked with no shame.

"God! Seriously Kim? You know I still am."

"Then have some drink, babe."

She looked disappointed that I didn't drink.

"Did it ever cross your mind to do something nasty to your girlfriend?" This time, Pie did her revenge. She knew that Kim won't ask that question for the ball would just bounce back to her.

Damn, she got me there. Why didn't I think of that?

"You have proven me what I thought. Haha."

"When you first saw me, did you instantly have a crush on me?" It's Kim's turn again to fire back.

Pie took a sip from her drink and looked at Kim. "Oi, you don't have a crush on me back then?"

"I can't remember." Kim tried to act innocently.

"What?! So looking like being struck by a lightning bolt in our first meeting and asking for my number the next day we got to see each other in school doesn't mean you've got a crush on me?"

"Woah, that's a lot." Kim stated the obvious.

"I'm drinking, okay? I just love teasing you." Kim surrenders, gulping from her own drink.

"Ugh! I won't play this game again anymore. It tastes really sour!" Kim said with obvious disgust in her voice.

"This is your idea so don't complain, Kimhan."

Kim rolled her eyes playfully. "Okay, granny."

"Hmp! Let me ask this. Have you ever played someone's heart before?" Pie took the chance to force Kim to share about her past.

Before Kim drank again, she looked straight into Pie's eyes and asked, "Will you let me clarify this after?" When the latter had nodded, she gulped from her orange juice straight away.

"Alright, you can explain now." Pie commanded.

"I told you before I had a few flings after I got dumped by my ex-girlfriend. Since then, I never got serious in all of my affairs. Well, except with you."

Pie didn't react to Kim's explanation. She knew Kim had changed herself vastly for this relationship to work out. It's just good to hear it coming from Kim herself.

"For the last question, was there anyone special for you before we met?" Kim laid the card, not expecting that Pie would take hold of her drink. "Wait, hold on! You do have?"

Pie nodded, contemplating if she would tell Kim about it.

"May I know who?" Kim pushed to know.

"Ahh... just my childhood friend." Kim doesn't know why she felt relieved upon hearing Pie's answer. She was supposed to be jealous that someone in the past made her Pie happy but currently, she's actually not.

Is it weird that my childhood friend was my special someone as well back then?

"Can we eat now, Kim? I guess my tummy's starting to growl."

"Of course."

=====

The couple plopped down at the back of Kim's pick-up. Instead of settling themselves in the food court located inside, they both decided to just spend some time alone outside. Kim let Pie choose whatever food she wanted to buy while she was busy organizing stuff in her car.

When Pie arrived, Kim helped her girlfriend place the food on the mini table resting above a thin fabric sheet. Once done, she then lends her hand for Pie to climb up the car. "I think I underestimated you." Kim uttered.

Pie chuckled at Kim's reaction. "I have grown up in an environment like this, Kim. My dad, when he was still alive, brought me with him most of the time to carnivals or any feasts near our flat. He does that always whenever it's his payday."

"No wonder you knew all the techniques."

"He taught me almost everything about it though. He was practically my coach."

"I wish I could have met your dad. He seems to be a good man." Kim uttered, taking a bite of her burger.

"He is and yeah, I wish he's still here to see us. I wonder how he's going to react when he sees her only princess growing up." Pie states proudly, in delight after munching her slice of pizza, "It's so good."

"Well, he's going to be happy that her only princess has captured the heart of a handsome, well-mannered an----" Kim intentionally cuts her statement off as she picks up her drink to take a sip when Pie continues it for her. "...conceited prince."

"What? I'm thinking otherwise then."

"When he gets to see you, he'll think you're a womanizer. Don't think that I didn't notice your fan girls wherever we go?"

"I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter