Coming Back

Reality or Fantasy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kim? Don’t you have classes today?” Uncle Tom eagerly asked Kim who is now standing on the balcony just outside of her own room. When the latter remained quiet for a few seconds, the old man already knew that something big is bothering her niece.

“Is this about your Dad?” Kim nodded with tears threatening to fall into her eyes.

“Kim, I was never mad at your Dad.” The old man blurted out quickly, wanting Kim to know the truth behind the false accusations she’s throwing out to her dad.

Kim widened her eyes in disbelief. This conversation where her uncle is defending her Dad never crossed her mind even just a bit. “Uncle, he never lends a single help to you and your family! Look at his lifestyle, he was blinded by luxury! Nothing’s valuable to him except for money!!”

“That’s not true.”

“Uncle, if you’re just saying this to get me back to my dad, no.” Kim is so stubborn to listen to what her Uncle is going to say but it seems like the next statement caught her off guard.

“Kim, you’re father is a good man. I have chosen to live here because I wanted to.”

“Whaa—I don’t understand.” At this point, the old man knew there’s no way of taking back all those things he has just shared to her niece. Even if it means that his brother could be upset due to his blabbering mouth, he can’t still resist the fact that this could make Kim fall back into his brother’s arms again.

“Your grandpa made us choose what to have between the land and money. If we’ll go on with the land, he’ll let us pick one of our family properties and live our own life without his help. But if we happen to choose the money which he simply meant as the business, he will assign us to manage the Jittaleela Group of Companies with the benefit of a luxury life including the mansion, expensive cars and such.”

“And Dad picked the money?”

“He was forced to. Even when we’re younger, I know that the business is meant for your father. Among us, he’s the most intelligent, responsible and disciplined one. He doesn’t want to take over your grandpa for the reason that I’m the eldest and it wouldn’t be fair to me having him as the heir which in fact he’s the youngest of the siblings.” Kim is trying to regain her composure, almost believable to say that the revelations she has just received haven’t taken its toll on her yet.

“If only he has a choice Kim, he would never do that because he has the biggest pride. When he decided on something, he’ll stand for it. But at that time, your mother was ill. Even if he would have the land, no money would be inherited. Until one day, I came to him saying that I made up my mind so it won’t be hard for him to come up to a decision. He did it Kim, for your mother. For your family even if it meant that your grandpa will rule his life.”

At the back of Kim’s mind, she never imagined that this kind of reasons will be laid out to her. She expects something that is completely invalid and uncalled for.

“I can’t believe this. But if he doesn’t want to end up like grandpa, why do I feel that business is all that matters to him?”

“He’s trying Kim for you and your sister. You just have to give him a chance. He doesn’t know how to be a good father because he doesn’t have one. You know what’s more funny? He’s bragging his pride even being a father. He never let me tell you how good he is as a brother or as a person in general.”

“But why?”

“Because he wants her daughters to feel how great he is as a dad by showing it to both of you himself and not by what others told you about him.”

“Kim…. I have the best brother through your dad. We’re always on great terms. Your family and our dad just assumed we’re not because we haven’t seen together ever since I lived on my own. But he helped me a lot. He’s secretly meeting me up at least once a month to catch up and sustain my living. I didn’t accept it tho but your dad was so persistent and he said, he’s only giving me the part that I should have from the very start.”

The old man turned to Kim and lightly put his arm on the latter’s shoulder. “You have the best dad anyone could ask for.”

“U…Uncle…”

“He’s so proud of you for having a passion on what you really love because he didn’t have a chance to do it before. You probably don’t know but he has his own collection of your photographs in his office so he could have a piece of you with him. He even called me to take care of you and offer my house the day you have fought with him and left the mansion. Every chance he has, he’s always checking up on you and what have you been in those days you’re not with them.”

Anger. Guilt. Joy. Shame. All of those emotions are currently piling up to Kim’s body system. For several years of her existence, she used to hate her Dad, the man who never even stored a single hatred to her obstinacy.

She felt betrayed; betrayed by her blindness. How come she let time passed by that long before she makes herself interested in their family issues?

As much as she wanted to keep her sentiment by herself, the heartwarming sensation of the moment triggered her eyes to pou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter