The Soul Keeper

Restricted

Hoseok carried the heavy thrash bag to the back of the shop, fumbling with the key as he opened the heavy door. It was the highlight of his day - taking the thrash out. He had no idea what making today's thrash so heavy, but he wouldn't open the thing even if his life depended on it. God knows what the peep from earlier shift could've chucked in there.

The metal dumper was placed strategically 10 meters away from the back of the shop. More than enough to break him into unnecessary sweating with the weight in his hand. He would've just dragged the thing if it wasn't a freaking plastic bag. Since it was, he couldn't afford ripping off the fragile thing and leave a mess at its wake. After few teeth-gritting pit-stop, he finally reached the smelly dumpster. Now Hoseok faced the biggest battle of decision in his life. 

Should he lift the heavy mother and throw it inside or just be like the rest of the bastard and leave it there?

The choking sound echoing in the alley, however, stopped him from thinking.

He knew he shouldn't, but Hoseok moved to look for the source of the voice. After few long seconds of squinting and looking around with the help of dimmed street-light, two figures were spotted not far from where he stood.

Hoseok stood frozen.

He could see it clearly. The taller figure - a man - was standing against a smaller-sized woman with his hands around . He was choking her.

'Hey!'

His sense of justice would likely bring death to him, but Hoseok couldn't stop himself. The man stopped, turning to glance at him.

Like in a movie, the sky cleared up and full moon shone down to reveal the attacker and his victim.

The man released the woman's throat, one hand slowly encircling her shoulder as she coughed and took few deep breaths. Hoseok was more worried about the woman he didn't look at the man properly at first.

'Are you ok?'

To his surprise, she nodded and leaned against the man beside her smilingly. The face was still flushed and her lips glistening, but she didn't seem troubled at all with what just happened. In fact, she looked a little high.

He didn't have to be a rocket scientist to quickly grasp the situation.

'Ah,' he stepped back, looking up at the man beside her. 'I'm sorry.'

Min Yoongi smirked slightly.

'Mind your own business next time.'

~~~

Jimin's mouth hung opened.

'He is your boss?' he leaned closer. 'Are you sure?'

Hoseok tsk-ed and gave his friend a slight glance. 

'You know my glasses is only a decoration,' he sighed. 'Yes, now he is my boss.'

This is amusing.

'Isn't it good? You can use that to blackmail him when you need to.'

Hoseok gave Jimin the stink eyes.

'He strangled people for the kick of it. Do you want him to kill me?'

Hoseok was always a little scaredy cat.

This time Jimin laughed.

'Do you think he remember you?'

He was wearing a totally different look back then. 

'I am not sure. It's quite dark where I was standing.'

Really?

'What if he actually recognized you? You said that you kept having to join his business dinner or meeting with the company's counterparts. Isn't that a little fishy?'

Jimin was such a master of conspiracy.

Still, he made sense.

What if is a good question.

After all, that wasn't the only unfortunate meeting they had. He saw the woman in the club few days after, looking lost. It was as if her soul was completely out of her.

That was scary.

That, however, was small compared to what happened in the club where he performed 2 years ago. Hoseok wasn't sure he wanted to remember that at all now.

Jimin chuckled as he swirled the drink in his glass.

'Hey, what if he's targeting you next? What will you do?'

'Boy!' Hoseok snapped to look at his friend. 'Can you stop cursing my life?'

Jimin bursted into hysterical laughter at that.

 

What did Min Yoongi do back at the club? Boy!