The unfortunate meeting

Restricted

When Jung Hoseok landed the job, he was beside himself.

After all the chaotic-full 2 years of job-hunting, he finally settled down in a workplace with satisfying income. Gone was the day where he had to rush here and there doing odd hours part-timing all around the town. He could finally sleep at night not worrying if he had forgotten to clock in for another job for the day.

Hoseok was really in cloud nine for the whole year, came what may. He faced hardship many times - he did, but everything was just a pinch beside all the trouble he went though to be there. 

Everything was fine until approximately a month ago, when the new manager arrived at the office.

Right now, the said manager was sitting right beside him in the japanese-style room; entertaining a business counterpart. Hoseok couldn't sit still. The prickly feeling kept returning the more he thought about the unfortunate situation. Leaving was not even an option. He liked his department boss, don't get him wrong. Right now, however, there was no man on earth he hated the most than the smiling blonde to his other side. As if bringing him along wasn't bad enough; he was sat beside none other but Min Yoongi himself throughout dinner and drinking session.

'Hey,' the voice hit him like thunder. Hoseok flinched slightly before glancing at the shorter man beside him. Yoongi gave him a slight frown before motioning at his untouched glass. 'Drink some.'

Yoongi watched as the young man nodded a little hastily before reaching for the glass and took a sip from it. The Gwangju-born employee was somewhat entertaining to look at. He wasn't sure if others noticed, but he always looked a little awkward around him. The manager noticed the well-surpassed jolts and little untimely movements everytime they interact; physically or verbally. His eyes were trained to notice. Hoseok was a good actor but Min Yoongi wasn't that easy to fool.

It kept him entertained at work, so he used his old pal Mr. Sub-manager Jackson Wang to keep him around.

Yoongi refilled the barely touched drink once it was put down, quietly enjoying the sight of Hoseok's widening eyes as he watched. 

'Bottom up.'

He almost laughed at the expression on the younger man's face as he raised his own glass at him. Yoongi settled with his usual small smile and waited until Hoseok politely raised his glass and toast him back.

Jung Hoseok was seriously a very entertaining company to be with.

 

Workplace romance? Because, why not?