Ignorance is bliss

Restricted

Morning came all too soon. Hoseok swore with his life that he just closed his eyes and the next second; the alarm went off. He went for the morning routine listlessly. It was a good couple of hours before the promised breakfast date and he was already exhausted.

Alcohol was truly a root of evil.

He chose a casual outfit that looked simple but suitable for the cool weather. Jimin was the main culprit that brought him down this path of no return. After many nagging sessions about his tacky sense of fashion, he gave in and let the shorter male adjust his wardrobe. Jimin did a whole makeover and eventhough it was annoying; Hoseok had to admit that he was indeed more superior than him in that department.

It was only breakfast, anyway. 

He regretted drinking that day. If he could turn back time, he would've made some extreme excuses to avoid Jackson; the culprit that caused this. Then he would ask for an assignment abroad and stay there for a few months. He didn't care if he had to stay in a remote jungle deep in Africa's wilderness. Anything to avoid today's breakfast date.

The image of a girl in the alleyway returned to his mind. Then, of Min Yoongi with a bloody belt. Hoseok frightened himself when the next thing that came to his mind was the miserable sound of a person being beaten and choked in the background - his voice.

 

Min Yoongi gave a small sneeze over the kitchen counter. 

Did Hoseok miss me?

The thought quickly add to his good mood. If any of his acquaintances or friends saw him right now; all of them would think that the man was out of his mind - smiling at the mug of coffee he made himself on the counter.

 

Jung Hoseok adjusted his awkward expression as he took the passenger's seat. Yoongi, however, looked completely amused as he stared at the other man's outfit. Their outfit almost matched perfectly from top to bottom. The only thing that differ was the shoes. Hoseok wore white vans while he opted for black sneakers. Other than that, even the colours were identical.

'You have a good taste.'

Hoseok was rendered speechless. Min Yoongi smiled openly as he step on the accelerator to get them to their destination.

 

They looked like a freaking couple with matching outfits.

It was beyond Hoseok how Min Yoongi could look at ease with people watching and whispering like that. If they were wearing exactly matching design and everything, he could just pretend that they were co-workers from some retail shop around the corner, but Min Freaking Yoongi was a man with high-class taste. One glance and people could tell that he wouldn't just don a cheap outfit. How could he pretend that they were co-workers having breakfast together?

Besides, no normal retail worker would splurge on such a classy place for just breakfast.

 

Their taste was surprisingly similar. Min Yoongi found it amusing and satisfying to watch how unwilling Hoseok was to swallow the fact. Eventhough he rather had the other male letting his hair down and just enjoying his company; the struggle was still pretty entertaining.

'Why are you looking at your food like that? Is it not good?' he chewed slowly before adding. 'Or is it the company?'

Trap! A y trap! Hoseok looked up from his fancy toast. '...It's not that...' his eyes swam as he flashed around the safe excuses he could use. 'I just never had breakfast in a place like this before.

Smart answer. Yoongi smiled. 'What kinda place do you normally go to for breakfast?'

Hoseok relaxed a little. Now that was a question he could answer. 'Just normal cafes or stalls. There is a good breakfast joint nearby my block. I normally went there during the weekend.'

'Sounds like it's a good place.'

'It is.'

'We'll go there next time.'

'Yeah.'

Hoseok froze immediately afterwards. Next time? There will be next time?

Min Yoongi did not let that reaction pass easily. 'Why? You were thinking about dining and dash? Today would be the last?'

This surname Min did not just make him look like the bad guy in this relationship, now did he? He even made that face - as if he was wronged or something. Hoseok wanted to do something on inpulse, like shoving a spoonful of jam into that mouth or something. Anything to bring the real Min Yoongi face out. How dare he played innocent in front of people!

'I'll buy you breakfast next time.'

Min Yoongi had a hard time not bursting out with laugher at the expression on Hoseok's face when he said that. This boy was smart but he still had that innocent, gullible breath around him. A little prod here and a little push there and he rolled right into his palm.

He had never had such a hearty breakfast meal before. Both his stomach and heart were full just because of Jung Hoseok.

While he could continue the whole meeting eating quietly like a caterpillar, Hoseok chose to let it go for a bit. Eating with tension wouldn't do good for his digestion. He experimented by pouring the syrup that came with the toast and tasting it.

'Eh, it's good,' he commented and looked at the different-coloured one that came with Yoongi's breakfast. 'We ordered the same but yours look different. Do you want to try mine?'

The younger man was really good at loosening up when he wanted to. Min Yoongi picked the small syrup pot beside his plate and casually poured some onto Hoseok's toast. 'Mine has rum in it. Try it.'

When Hoseok busied himself cutting the toast to taste, Min Yoongi casually pulled a piece out of his plate and dabbed it on Hoseok's toast. He put the bread in his mouth and appeared to be thinking.

Hoseok felt a bit odd but he was used to sharing food. Seeing Yoongi's expression, he leaned slightly forward. 'Does it taste good?'

'Not bad.'

At one corner of the restaurant, a small group of waitresses were busy snapping pictures of those two while holding back a serious fujoshi shriek.

 

Awwww....don't we just love it when couples wear matching clothes? Awww...