Lesson One : Breakfast

Restricted

Hoseok was exhausted. 

After the momentous morning with Min Yoongi about a 6 days ago, he had been drowning his waking hours with work. Even Jackson started to complain about his tight schedule. However, the Gwangju-born male took the liberty to ignore his boss. That bastard deserved the treatment after putting him on a plate and serving him to his highness.

He had no clear recollection of the night he spent with the prince of darkness. There were only patches of vague memories that returned to give him goosebumps whenever he tried to recall it. Most of it consists of him and Min Yoongi being in a really close proximity; something he would never do in real sober life. 

In the morning, his majesty Min Yoongi cooked him breakfast. For the first time in his short life, Jung Hoseok experienced what a convicted prisoner felt like while facing their last meal. He had to sit quietly and watched in horror as the man casually slaved off beside the stove - preparing him some light meal. When the food was served in front of him, he almost couldn't chew and swallow properly with Yoongi staring at him over his coffee. 

The prince of darkness told him to take it easy and rest until lunchtime. He wanted to refuse but one look from Yoongi was enough to zip his mouth shut. In the end, he spent the time in the living room with the other man; watching random things on TV. 

The breakfast turned out to be simple but delicious.  It never hit him that Min Yoongi had such talent. When looking at the man's hands, he always couldn't help from thinking about that time when he saw it wrapped around someone's neck. Who would have thought that the same hands could whip up such a good breakfast as well.

Min Yoongi in his casual home clothes also gave off a different vibe to him. The loose T-shirt and the washed out jeans looked really comfy - a style that he had never seen on the sharply dressed man before. He looked a lot more approachable with that look. 

His hands itched to take a picture of such a relaxed prince of darkness, but he could almost see the impending doom to his short life just from imagining doing it.

In the end, Yoongi took him out for lunch and then sent him home. He was reluctant but had to let him. 

'Give your number to me.'

That simple line was like a thunder to his ear. The prince asking him was just a mere courtesy; it worked more as a silent threat. It meant that the lodging, breakfast and lunch weren't for free and he wanted Hoseok to know that. Having no way to refuse, he had to give it away. 

Thanks to the lingering fear that Min Yoongi would send him a message or give him a call - he ended up exhausting himself this much at the end of the week. All he wanted right now was just to go back home and sleep off the majority of the weekend.

Jimin said it wouldn't be that simple. it was something akin to the silence before storm. but then again, Jimin was always a man of conspiracy. And he could be wrong this time.

About Yuli's birthday; it almost went over his head. If the restaurant hadn't called to confirm, he could've totally forgotten about it. However, Hoseok was a diligent, thoughtful man. He had made all the necessary reservation and arrangement beforehand. After all, he had made a promise.

The department's beauty was dressed to kill when he picked her up. Her naturally attractive figure looked more alluring in the tight, maroon dress and got passer-bys took a second glance when they saw her. Some was even openly jealous to watch the lucky man that got to be her date that night.

Nobody realized that her date that night was only a vessel with his mind somewhere else - kept by a certain prince of darkness. Yuli was even convinced that she would score more than just dinner and gift that night. Hoseok was just the kind of boyfriend material she was looking for. Imagine the confusion and dissapointment when he simply sent her to her doorway after, and left after saying goodnight.

Not even a simple peck on the cheek goodnight kiss. Just "goodnight, bye".

He just left her there like a forgotten onion that fell behind the counter.

By the next few days, Hoseok had totally forgotten about the birthday date and didn't even realized the dissatisfied look Yuli had given him from her corner. There were curious gossipy souls that tried to pry some juicy information about the "date", but Yuli, an experienced beauty in the department; dodged it out professionally. The audience's ears were fed with dog food with all the information about the wonderful ambience of the restaurant and the gift that Hoseok had given her.

There was no way she would let them know about the "onion" case. Nobody, she meant nobody had ever stood her up like that in the end. She had countless men trying to get on her bed or to get her to their bed. Hoseok was the first one to turn around and left her with "bye" after a date.

Yuli would spell her name backward if she couldn't get this seeming timid but actually wild piegon wrapped around her finger in the end. She was even more determined to land him now more than ever.

  

Hoseok was about to declare his weekend was safe when the feared message arrived.

*Let's have breakfast tomorrow. I'll pick you up at 8.*

He hated it when the devil was right.

 

-Aye, who dare to compete with Min Yoongi? Are you truly prepared?-