fourteen

Are You Sure You Won't Regret?

“Hey girls!” Pinky barged into the living room excitedly, followed by Nayoung who displayed a relieved expression. “The manager called for a meeting at Pledis building!”

The IOI girls looked away from the movie playing on screen and looked confusingly at the two. “Wae? What for?” Yoojung asked. “What’s going on?”

“Ooooh sounds important! Get dressed everyone! Bbali!” Chungha jumped from her seat and pulled everyone along. “Come on girls!” she forcefully pushed them into their respective rooms.

She whirled toward the Pledis trainees and asked with wide eyes, “Did it work? Did they agree?”

“Yes!” Pinky jumped up and down excitedly while Nayoung couldn’t contain her grin. “I can’t believe they did!”

“How did you convince them?”

Pinky and Nayoung shared a sad look.

“We used the ‘we’ll be disbanding soon’ card.” Nayoung answered.

“Oh…” the air around them turned gloomy.

“It’s okay! It’ll be worth it. Not just for those two but for everyone as well. I promise.” Pinky assured.

“I sure hope so.”

---

“Why are there so many chairs?” Seungkwan asked once he stepped into the conference room. The other members trailed behind him, wondering the same. Except a few.

Inside was their manager having an excited conversation on the phone. “You’re here, noona? Ah, the boys are here, too. I’ll call on the others then. Okay, see you.” he hung up and watched as the boys seated themselves. “So, another group is joining us today. Stay here while I fetch the producers and CEO.” he stood up and left quickly, not giving time for them to ask anything.

 “What could this be about?” Seungkwan asked s instead. “I suddenly got really nervous.” he placed a hand over his heart to emphasize. “Feel it!” he grabbed Vernon’s hand and replaced his hand on his chest.

“Yeah, you’re right.” Vernon said with amused expression.

“Don’t be.” S.Coups said calmly. “It’ll be fine.”

“Do you know, hyung?” Vernon asked.

“Maybe.”

“Annyeong~” a feminine voice rang from the doorway. All heads turned to Pinky who opened the door with a big smile.

“Ahhhhh!” “Ahhhh?”  the boys shouted with a mix of excitement and confusion as they stood up. They watched the IOI members step in the conference room one by one, suddenly feeling awkward around the unfamiliar faces.

Wonwoo’s heart spiked as he realized who was here. He fixated his eyes on the door intensely.

Sohye was dragged in by Mina unwillingly.

The atmosphere suddenly became tense as Seventeen was reminded of their last encounter with her.

Nobody knew what to say.

Nayoung eyed Seungcheol meaningfully. He quickly got the message.

“Say the name!” he said loudly and as expected, “Seventeen! Annyeonghaseyo, Seventeen imnida!” the boys bowed simultaneously.

“One, two…” Nayoung counted off. “Yes, I love it! Annyeonghaseyo, IOI imnida!” the girls bowed just the same.

 “Perfect.” a voice said. Everyone looked toward it. A handsome man stood at the doorway, along with other powerful looking people and each group’s managers. “You’ve introduced yourselves. Now, let’s sit.” he walked toward the head of the table and sat. Everyone followed.

Sohye was once again dragged down to a chair. She sighed and decided to look up.

Brown orbs bore into hers behind white-rimmed specs. Her breath hitched as she was held frozen by his gaze. Slowly, her surroundings blurred and the voices were muted as she found herself seeing him and only him.

They held each other’s gazes.

But in her eyes reflected distress, ‘Why am I seeing you again?’

Wonwoo didn’t know how to answer.

“Wonwoo-ah, Sohye-ssi? Is everything alright?” the CEO’s voice harshly dragged them back to reality.

“Ah! Nae.” Sohye answered quickly.

“Okay then. Well, let’s discuss about this once-in-a-lifetime collab.” he said with a smile.

“What?” she asked in disbelief.

---

Wonwoo pulled his hyungs into an empty practice room. The three just let themselves be dragged as they knew what was coming.

He spun around after he locked the door. He eyed them each with mild anger reflected in his eyes, but with more of confusion.

“What is going on?” he asked them impatiently.

The three held his gaze while Joshua beamed. “It was my idea!” he declared proudly. The other three just stared at him in disbelief.

“Aish, Shua.” Jeonghan shook his head at him but Joshua never let up his smile.

“Why?” Wonwoo asked. “What are you planning?”

“We hardly planned anything, Wonwoo.” S.Coups answered. “All we wanted was to give you a chance. A chance for you both. We and the girls think the same so we worked together for this to happen.”

“What? Why… Why are you trying so hard for both of us, hyung? Sohye… she doesn’t want anything to do with me anymore. Not after what I did.” he said sadly.

“That’s what you think, Wonwoo.” Joshua pointed out. “You just don’t see things the way we see it.”

“What do you mean?”

“Find out for yourself.” Jeonghan answered. “We’ve provided you with this opportunity. It’s all you from here on. You know your feelings, Wonwoo, so act on it and see where it takes both of you.”

“Hyung!” Wonwoo shouted irritatedly. The three blinked in surprise. “It isn’t that easy! Do you honestly think that we’ll be all… all smiles and happiness when we both know that we’ve gone through anything but? You think that all of a sudden we’ll be okay?”

“Well, no.” Jeonghan answered honestly. “But I know that if it won’t be… then it’s because you never tried.”

“Man up, Wonwoo.” S.Coups held his shoulder firmly and looked into his eyes. “You’ve been a coward for far too long.”

Wonwoo froze as the leader’s words slapped him in the face.

The three saw how deeply affected their dongsaeng was and quietly left the room, knowing that their job was done.

Wonwoo sunk to the floor and leaned his head on the wall, deeply contemplating what his hyungs had said.

'Maybe...

Maybe it's time to set things right. And just hope Sohye would want the same.'

-----

boring update i'm sorry

i can't think straight these days but i wanted to get a chapter out atleast.

hope u guys still like it regardless :3

bai~