ten

Are You Sure You Won't Regret?

All aboard the momentary fluff plane!

--------

Some months later:

“Sohye-ah! Sohye-ah!” some girls yelled as they ran toward Sohye frantically. She recognized them as her co-trainees. “Sohye-ah! Come! Hurry!” they grabbed her am and pulled her forcibly.

“Wae? What? What’s wrong?!” Sohye exclaimed in fright. She stumbled as she tried to keep up with the other girls’ pace.

“Wonwoo-oppa! He’s in a fight!”

Sohye’s eyes widened as she heard the news. Adrenaline coursed through her veins as she found her balance and raced through the halls and out their agency, with the girls in the lead.

“There! Just behind the building!”

Sohye ran. She rounded the corner and was greeted with the sight of her male co-trainees surrounding Wonwoo in a circle. The latter was curled up on the ground, shielding his self from the punches and kicks the other boys threw at him.

She ran to him with wide eyes and a pounding heart. “Oh my god! Oppa! Wonwoo-oppa! Yah, stop it!” she desperately squeezed herself into the circle and shielded Wonwoo. “Hajima! What the hell are you doing to him?!”

The boys stopped as ordered, simply because they didn’t want to hit a small, feeble girl. Their chests heaved in exhaustion from their continuous strikes. “Yah! This started it!” one boy defended.

“And all you s had to gang up on him?! Wae? Four against one?! Are you all cowards, too?!” she spat angrily. She didn’t care if they were all older than her. All she could see was red.

“What did—“

“Yah! All of you! What’s happening here?!” an adult voice resonated through the lot. All heads snapped behind as they watched in fear as one of their acting trainers approach them. “Why is a fight going on here?!” he asked angrily. His eyes widened when he saw one of his students on the ground, bruised and bleeding, with one of the younger females holding him. Everything clicked in his head and he glared at the four boys standing around him while they couldn’t mask the horror on their face.

“You four.” he said lowly. “Come with me. Right now. You’re in very deep trouble and don’t expect any light punishments.” he turned back sharply and led the guilty kids back into the building. The girls were also called to follow to give their testimony.

Sohye and Wonwoo were left in the area. She tried to uncurl him and hoist him on a nearby crate. She was met with difficulty, due to her being weak and him being uncooperative. The moment she did, however, her eyes welled up with tears.

“What happened?!” she cried out furiously as she stood in front of him, examining his face. She brought out her handkerchief and wiped away the blood and sweat that he was drenched in carefully.  An ugly bruise was forming on his temple and his lips were cut badly. His eyes were tired and emotionless as he stared at her blankly.

“Nothing.” he said in curt reply.

Her eyes flared in irritation. “This is not nothing, oppa! Being beaten up like this is not just nothing!” she yelled and clenched her fists. “Tell me what happened.”

“I said, it’s nothing. So it’s nothing. Leave it be.” he shot back sharply.

Sohye held her tears back and bit her lip. She took a deep breath and stared at the older male straight in the eye. “If you don’t tell me right now, I will not hesitate to drop everything we have and I will never speak to you again.” she threatened.

Fear flashed in his eyes and Sohye suppressed a sigh of relief.

“What happened?” she asked again, gently this time.

“W-We were talking.” he began softly.  She hummed in response, urging him to continue. “About normal stuff. Then about… girls.” he looked away.

“Okay…?”

“…we talked about you.”

Sohye’s hand froze. “What about me? Why me?” she asked in bewilderment.

“You know, guys… well, we talk about open-minded topics.” he cleared his throat. “It was fine at first, but then one of them brought you up. Then the others kept chiming in about their thoughts about you. And, well, Sohye let’s just say they talked very indecently about you.” Sohye watched his eyes darken with every word he spoke.

She blushed in embarrassment and shame in being involved in such a topic. But she shook her head as she focused on the guy on front of her. “And so?” she trailed of in slight confusion. “Oppa, that doesn’t explain why you had to get beaten up.”

“It does.” he replied. “I didn’t like them talking about you. So I had to teach them not to.”

Sohye’s heart jumped in when she heard his words. She detected a small possessiveness to it and couldn’t help but cling to it. To hope for it. But she quickly shot it down and waved away her pathetic delusions.

But she couldn’t get her heart to stop racing.

“You… you fought for me?” she said in amazement.

Wonwoo sat in silence but slowly nodded.

“That... That’s incredibly…” Sohye paused to find her words. “That was stupid, oppa. Why did you?” she finished in dismay.

Wonwoo’s eyes widened in hurt. Sohye regretted her words but she stood by it.

“You should have just let it be. Why’d you have to hurt yourself?” she choked back her tears. “Have you forgotten? You’re training to be an idol! You have to take care of yourself more!”

“Sohye.” Wonwoo muttered darkly. “Don’t you realize that I did this for you?”

“Oppa. Don’t you know that I didn’t want this? That I don’t want you to hurt yourself?! That I, especially, do not want you to hurt yourself for me!” she almost yelled. She sighed deeply. “Wonwoo-oppa. I don’t deserve this. I’m only a dongsaeng to you.” she said sadly as pins pricked her heart. “I’m not worth you getting beaten up. I’m not someone worth this fight.”

“You’re wrong.” Wonwoo’s eyes flashed with anger. Sohye flinched. “You are every bit worth it.” He gazed deep into her eyes as she froze in place. He placed one hand on top of hers that was wiping his face and another at her waist. He forcefully pulled her closer to him, making Sohye gasp and stutter.

“Don’t you get it? You are the only girl that is worth this fight. You are the only girl who I am willing to fight for.”

“I-I-I don’t understand…” her eyes darted across his face nervously. Her hand and waist was becoming unbelievably hot, his touch almost scalding her. In fact, she could almost feel her whole body burn as he held her firmly in that position. He squeezed her waist, forcing her to rest her flustered eyes on his earnest ones.

Sohye, I’m in love with you.”

Her jaw went slack. She couldn’t think straight. Her heart beat wildly in her chest, pounding against it with such force she was worried it would rip open.

“Are y-you telling the t-truth?” she blurted out.

“This is the most honest I’ve been in my life.” he said dead-serious. “Sohye, saranghae.

She couldn’t take it. She exploded into tears.

Wonwoo was startled and let go of his hold on her. He grabbed her face and wiped away her never-ending tears.

“What? Sohye? I’m sorry. Mianhaeyo, Sohye!” he apologized in regret and panic. “Mianhae, Sohye. I shouldn’t have said it if you would hate it this much. Please… stop crying…”

“A-ani, o-oppa.” she spoke through her sobs. “I-I’m not crying because I hate it.”

 Wonwoo blinked as she said that.

“I-I’m just so… happy.”

Wonwoo blinked again in confusion.

“I-I’m happy b-because… I love you, too, oppa.” she finally confessed.

“Wait…? What?” he muttered in disbelief. “What?’

Wonwoo was utterly speechless and frozen. Only when Sohye nodded in confirmation did everything ht him.

“T-this… I-I… Aish, what the heck.” he grumbled as he let go of her face and wrapped his arms around her waist. He gently pulled her to him and molded her body into his. “Seriously… aish. I can’t believe it.” he embraced her tighter, as if he was unwilling to let her go.

Sohye’s tears dried out as she returned the hug just as tightly.

“I’m so happy that it doesn’t seem real.” he said as he buried his face in the crook of her neck. He breathed her scent in as he took a deep breath.

Sohye giggled at the ticklish feeling. “I feel the same. I can’t believe it.”

“Yah, Sohye.” he mumbled again unmoving from his comfortable position. “While I’m living in this dream, I might as well say it.”

“Nae?”

“Will you please go out with me?”

Sohye’s heart soared. “I’d absolutely love to.”

----

Early in their relationship… Sohye (13) & Wonwoo (16)

Wonwoo watched in annoyance as the girl in front of him died of laughter.

“Stop laughing.” he grumbled. “This is pretty serious, you know.”

“Mian!” she apologized through giggles. “I know! But you seriously look too funny!”

“You should be grateful it’s only to this extent.” he glared.

They were sitting together on a bench, eating from a packed lunch together. Sohye prepared it earlier and Wonwoo ate everything without a care in the world. Well, until a familiar taste grazed his lips.

He spit out the piece of fried shrimp immediately and Sohye looked on in confusion. He fumbled through his words, but it was too late. His allergy had taken effect.

His lips became swollen. Very swollen.

While this had been one of the lighter effects, it was still not something to take lightly. He wanted to make this point clear, but unfortunately his girlfriend found it too hilarious to do so.

“Dammit.” he grumbled continuously.

“Mian, oppa.” she apologized again as her laughs died down.

“I can’t even feel my lips anymore and there you are still laughing.” He pouted. Not that it changed his face. “It’s good I brought some of my medicine, but you could atleast be worried.”

“Oh I am!” her expression changed into worry, just as he wanted. “Or I was. I’m just able to laugh now that I saw you safely take your meds. I’m really glad. Please forgive me?” she lifted his arm and put it around her as she snuggled up to him. Wonwoo didn’t move against it and only smiled. In fact, he tightened his hold against her.

Sohye took that as forgiveness and leaned into him contentedly. Suddenly she stared up at his face, unblinking and curious.

“Oppa, you can’t feel your lips?” she asked.

“Yeah, I can’t.” he said as he raised a brow. “Why?”

“Keurae? Hm…” she looked away and leaned back into his arm. “Then I wonder if you’d feel it if I kissed you right now.” she said thoughtlessly.

Wonwoo went rigid. Sohye did too as her words dawned on her.

“Uh… um…” she chuckled nervously. “It’s not like I’d been wanting to… I mean, I do! I mean… I don’t… wait… I do but we-- what am I saying?” she buried her red face in her hands. “Forget it.”

“Aha… Okay, sure…” Wonwoo replied stiffly.

Silence ensued between them.

“…I’m open minded to experiments, though.”

-----

Sohye (14) & Wonwoo (17) [international age]

“Omo, omo, omo, omo, eomma!” Sohye screamed surprising her boyfriend who sat on the couch next to her. “Daebak!”

“What? What?! What happened?” Wonwoo looked up from his book in panic. He worriedly looked at his girlfriend who had a shocked expression while staring at her phone.

“Yes?! What’s happening?” Wonwoo’s mother ran from the kitchen, spatula in hand. She looked at her son inquisitively while he just shrugged. His mom stared blankly then deemed nothing life-threatening happening and returned to cooking.

“Wonwoo! Oppa! Look, it’s amazing!” she said excitedly.

He put his book down and moved closer. He leaned his head on hers and she automatically leaned into him as she tilted her phone to show him a post.

His eyes scanned its contents and slowly his eyes mirrored her surprise.

“They’re getting married! Oh my god, this is amazing!” she repeated. She hurriedly typed a congratulations to the couple.

Their sunbaes in the restaurant CF posted about their engagement and upcoming wedding. The bride-to-be flaunted the ring proudly while the groom-to-be had a smile that could rip his face. They seemed so happy.

“That was unexpected.” Wonwoo contemplated. “At the same time I’m not very surprised. What do you think?” He looked at the girl beside him, who suddenly fell into silence as she stared at their photos.

“Hello? Sohye? Jagi?”

“Ah! Yeah?” she exclaimed.

“What are you thinking about?” he asked curiously.

“Uh… it’s just…” she trailed off nervously.

“What?”

“It’s just that… maybe because we were chosen because we all looked alike so that’s why…”

“Hm…?”

“It looks like us getting married.” she blurted out as a blush stretched upon her face. She gripped her phone tightly.

Wonwoo blinked in realization. Just like his girlfriend, a blush spread across his face to his ears as he covered it with one hand.

“T-That’s true.” he agreed.

Silence settled on them as they pondered it over.

“Sohye, we’re still young, you know.”

“Yeah. We are.”

“There’s still so much life has to offer us…”

“Yeah. It does.”

“And we haven’t even debuted yet.”

“Yeah. We haven’t. What’s your point, Wonwoo?” she said with a bit of sadness in her tone.

“My point is we still have a long way ahead of us and there’s still so much to work for. So maybe we should focus on our dreams first, you know?”

“Okay... I get it.”

“So, what I’m saying is that once we achieve our dreams and, well, we find a good time to stop, like maybe we’re happy with everything then maybe…” he cleared his throat.  

“Well, would you like to be… married? To me?” he coughed out. His eyes darted across the room, never landing on her.

Once again, Sohye’s heart soared. She tackled her boyfriend into a big hug, resulting into him falling on his back on the sofa and her following suit. Wonwoo caught her by the waist as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

“I do! I’d absolutely love to.”

------------

MAYDAY MAYDAY! FROM HERE ON OUT WE ARE CRASHING BACK DOOOOOWN!

I hope you liked it, chingus! Leave a comment if you did!

Or didn't. Well.

Bai~