thirteen

Are You Sure You Won't Regret?

The following months…

“I wanna watch this movie.” Jae Eun pointed at the movie Fifty Shades of Grey and latched onto Wonwoo’s arm. “Let’s watch this, please?” she acted cutely to add effect.

Wonwoo crinkled his nose. “Oh not that one.” He rejected and moved on.

“Whyyyy?” she whined. “I want to watch this!”

He chuckled. “You know that’s way too mature for you, Sohye.”

“What?” Jae Eun said as she let go of his arm.

Wonwoo froze. “Ah—no. I mean sure let’s watch it.”

“Okay…”

-

“Hey, let’s eat here!” Jae Eun pulled him into a cute café, but Wonwoo quickly pulled her back. “What’s wrong?”

“I’ve been here before. This place is no good.” He shook his head in disapproval. “The quantity is really small and it tastes bland for a high price and the staff were lazy. Let’s go somewhere else.”

“Oh keurae?” she said as she followed him. “When? And with who?”

Wonwoo smiled fondly at the memory. “Some time ago. I came here after training with Sohye. She was attracted by the design too but the food… I still can’t forget the face she made when—oh.” He widened his eyes in realization. “I’m sorry Jae—“

“You still can’t forget her.” She said. “It’s fine let’s just go.”

She walked ahead of him quickly but Wonwoo stood rooted in his spot. He knew she wasn’t wrong.

-

Jae Eun slid into the restaurant’s booth with a sly smile. “I found something~” she said.

Wonwoo looked up from the menu as he raised a brow. “What?”

“It was a few years ago so I didn’t realize it. But I found an old CF of you~” she said teasingly.

“What? Which one?” he asked curiously.

“This restaurant’s!”

Waves of memories struck him down.

She stood up and transferred next to him. “Let’s watch it.”

“I don’t—“

“Shh.”

It started. Jae Eun waited with anticipation while Wonwoo waited with dread.

Then it appeared. The scene he had with her.

He watched how all the cameras picked up all the right angles and moments. He watched how the editors made everything go slowly and elegantly. He watched as she smiled. He watched as she ate. He watched as she fixed her hair.

He watched her once again.

He watched his self watch her, once again.

And it slowly came back to him.

The feeling.

The feeling of being in absolute love with her.

‘Sohye…

The CF ended. They sat in awkward silence.

“You looked really handsome then. Well, even now.” Jae Eun complimented. “And your acting looked so real. Are you sure you want to be an idol?” she chuckled. Her joke was met with silence. “Uh…. Wonwoo?”

“That’s because it was.” He said softly. “That was Sohye.”

“What?” she asked utterly surprised. She re-watched the video. “Oh. No wonder you broke up with her, huh? She isn’t exactly the prettiest.” She laughed as she said that.

“Yeah. She isn’t as pretty as you.” He admitted.

“Right? I’m much bett—“

“But she’s hardworking and honest. She thinks deeply that it sometimes makes you think. She is so pure and kind that she wouldn’t dare hit a fly. She is awfully playful and clumsy most of the time but she always gets up from a fall with a smile. She always volunteers for clean-ups and taking care of animals because that’s how much she cares for her surroundings. She works so passionately for her dream that my efforts pale in comparison to her.

I’ve let go of her because I thought I wanted someone prettier. Someone like you. But then I realize that she’s so much more than just pretty, Jae Eun. And now I remember why I Iove her.”

“What is this, Wonwoo?” she asked a bit surprised and angry. “What the hell are you talking about?”

He took a deep breath faced her fully. “I’m sorry, Jae Eun. But I still love her.”

“What? Does this mean you’re breaking up with me?” she asked in disbelief.

“I’m sorry...” he apologized sincerely and bowed his head.

She scoffed and shook her head. “I can’t believe this. You’re absolutely insane. Look, I am not accepting this! You are not breaking with me. I am breaking up with you.” She bolted out of the booth and gathered her things. “Go back to that low-rate ex of yours, you suit each other perfectly well. Good bye, bastard.” She spat out and left. Wonwoo simply watched her go.

Atleast now, he knew he was completely relieved.

-

‘Sorry. The number you have dialed is no longer in service.’

-

“Oh, that sweet family? They moved a few weeks ago. They never said where. Such a shame. They were such kind neighbors.”

-

“Sorry, oppa. She made us promise to never let you see her no matter what.”

-

"I've talked to her parents, Wonwoo. But they ask that you stop trying to look for her. Just give her some space, dear. I'm sure you'll both be fine."

-

He was devastated. There was absolutely no more way for him to talk to her.

He wanted to apologize. He wanted to tell her that he was the big she said he was. He wanted to tell her he missed her. He wanted to tell her that after everything, it was still her.

He wanted her to know that he regretted letting her go.

But how? When she no longer cared to know.

-

“Wonwoo, again.” Hoshi ordered impatiently. Wonwoo followed, but still to his choreographer’s unsatisfaction. “Again.”

“Like this. Again.”

“Again.”

“Won-ing-woo,  again!”

“You know what, let me deal with him.” S.Coups in from the side. “Kids, go back to the dorm. I’m talking to this guy.” The Seventeen members joyfully did as told.

Once everyone left, Wonwoo bowed to the leader. “Hyung, I’m—“

“Stand straight.” S.coups ordered. Wonwoo did.

Then he was smashed to the floor with full force from his jaw. He looked incredulously at his hyung as the latter rubbed his knuckles.

“You. You’ve been acting like for the past weeks.” He said darkly. “That punch was so that you can wake the up.”

He walked toward his dongsaeng, who was still looking at him in fear, and crouched to his level. He met his eyes intensely. “Wonwoo, we’re nearing our debut and you’re ruining our progress. You’re ruining the group. Don’t you understand?”

Wonwoo’s head fell apologetically.

S.Coups sighed and stretched a hand. He gently pulled the younger one upright as they sat down on the floor facing each other while he stared intensely at the latter.

“So, tell me Wonwoo and let me help you. What happened to you?”

Wonwoo was hesitant.

“We’re a team. And I’m the leader. But more than that, we are a family and I’m the father. I can’t watch you like this when you are obviously having a hard time. You can trust me, Wonwoo. Tell me and let me share your burden.”

So, Wonwoo did.

-

Present day…

“This is an odd group.” Joshua commented after they exchanged greetings.

“That’s true.” Jeonghan agreed. “But this is for our poor dongsaengs who are apparently still in love with each other but are in too much pain too admit it.” He sighed dramatically.

“So, do we have any ideas?” Chungha asked as she looked at everyone. Everyone being: the three oldest hyungs of SVT, Nayoung and Pinky.

“Not really…” S.Coups admitted. “But we need to put our heads together. Wonwoo’s been a mess since that day. Just like before.”

“Sohye has been lifeless ever since then, too…” Chungha remarked.

“Oppa. Why didn’t you try to prevent this? Didn’t you know about their relationship?” Pinky asked him.

He put his arms up in surrender. “I didn’t know it was Kim Sohye. He never named her when he told me about it.”

“If only someone wasn’t a big discontented jerk, then maybe everyone would be happy right now.” Jeonghan muttered.

They all gave him a look, questions imbued in their gazes whether he really was an angel he said he was. But nobody spoke up to disagree.

“Okay, well that aside. What should we do?” Nayoung asked.

“Uh…” everyone said in unison.

Silence and stares ensued.

“Oh. I have an idea!” Joshua exclaimed excitedly. Everyone looked at him in anticipation. “But it kind of deals with both of our groups. Not to mention the companies… and some producers…”

“Spit it out, Shua.” Jeonghan urged.

“Well, what do you think of a collab?”

--------

Wooow~ You guys really liked *cough* hated *cough* the last one, huh.

Well, can't deny Wonwoo is an . :P

Anyway, tell me your thoughts. Bai bai~