twelve

Are You Sure You Won't Regret?

Minor cussing, but censored for general comfort.

---

“What’s wrong with you lately?”

“What?” Wonwoo looked up from his phone and rapidly hid it. “What’s wrong?” He looked around and saw that his co-actor trainees were slowly exiting. The room was nearly empty. He blinked at his girlfriend who towered over him with a glare.

“You.” Sohye said sharply. “You’re acting differently.”

Wonwoo rubbed his face with both hands. “This again, Sohye? I’m acting perfectly normal.” He countered. “You’re delusional, again.”

Sohye’s eye twitched. “Don’t you say I’m delusional, Wonwoo. Even an idiot can see that you’re hiding something from me.”

“I’m not hiding anything!” he cried defensively.

“Really?! Then explain why you just hid your phone just now! Explain why you’ve been so distant and busy that we barely see each other except for workshop. Explain why I suddenly can’t see any of your profiles on social media. Explain everything right now!”

“Sohye, there’s nothing to explain! You’re reading too much into this! Can’t you take a step back and see things clearly?!”

 “And you think I’m blind, too?” Sohye scoffed as she put her hands on her waist. “Are you for real, Wonwoo?!”

“What do you want me to say, Sohye?!” he stood up angrily. “Look, if you don’t want to believe me, then don’t. I’m tired of always having this argument, so just stop, okay?!”

“We wouldn’t be having ‘this argument’ every time, if there wasn’t a problem, idiot! So just tell me what’s wrong!”

“Nothing! You know what, I’m tired of this. I’m leaving.”

And leave he did.

---

Days, weeks and months after his first encounter with Jae Eun were spent being with her. Since then they exchanged numbers and often contacted each other. From there, they planned plenty meet-ups and outings. He even introduced her to his school friends.

“Ohh~ so this is the mystery girl!” his friend exclaimed.

“Wow~ are you an idol trainee, too?” another asked.

“Yup!” Jae Eun replied happily. “But from a different agency.”

“No wonder you’re so pretty. You and Wonwoo look so good together.”

Wonwoo smiled slyly. He felt proud of the girl beside him. He felt happy that he found someone like her.

“Alright, let’s order!” one said and everyone agreed as they picked up menus. “So, what are you having, Sohye-ssi?”

Wonwoo stiffened in his seat. He looked panickedly between his friends and Jae Eun.

“What? Sorry, but my name is Jae Eun. Han Jae Eun.” the girl said irritatedly.

Everyone in the table mirrored confused expressions. “You aren’t the Sohye? I thought for sure that that’s the name Wonwoo mentioned for the last three years…”

“Yeah, I thought Sohye was the one we’d be meeting today.”

Jae Eun scoffed. Her eyebrows met. “Trust me, I’ve heard that a lot. But they’re over. Sorry I’m not that Sohye.” she apologized sarcastically.

‘No, we weren’t.’ Wonwoo thought.

 “Oh no. We’re sorry for being rude…” his friends apologized. They looked at Wonwoo sharply with different messages imbued in them, but Wonwoo just shrugged and looked away.

---

From: sohye

We need to talk.

Wonwoo felt chills run through his body as he read those four words. Underneath was the place where she wanted to meet him. He looked at the time. It was almost 10 p.m., too late for anyone to be out, especially for a girl. But he could feel the seriousness of her text and had no choice otherwise.

He exited the dorm and walked with heavy steps.

He saw Sohye seated on a bench in the distance and his body became heavier. He was filled with inexplicable feelings of worry and anxiety as he approached her silently.

“Hey…” he greeted softly as he sat beside her. “What’s up?”

Sohye didn’t look at him as she she scrolled through her pictures aggressively and pressed on one. She shoved her phone up in Wonwoo’s face. Wonwoo moved back in surprise and tried to focus on the picture.

His blood ran cold.

It was a picture of him and Jae Eun sitting beside each other and smiling at the camera. It was taken by one of his friends when they last met up to introduce her. His eyes widened once he saw the caption underneath.

Finally met this idiot’s girlfriend. Cheers to the happy couple!’

“Wonwoo.” Sohye said calmly. “Who is she?”

“She’s my…” he hesitated. “She’s… my girlfriend.”

Sohye pursed her lips. She dropped her calm façade and let fury overtake her. “You’re girlfriend?! Then who am I?!”

Wonwoo gulped. “You’re my girlfriend, too, Sohye.”

“Are you ing kidding me right now?!” she said loudly. Her eyes reflected the anger that boiled inside her. “Are you an idiot who thinks it’s cool to be meeting different girls and making them your girlfriends and think it is  actually okay?! Was I not enough for you, huh? So you had to go around and meeting this... this… this ?!”

“I know you’re mad but that doesn’t give you the right to call Jae Eun a .” Wonwoo’s eye twitched as he replied angrily. “I’m not lying, Sohye. But if you don’t like it that much, you can just leave. She doesn’t deserve those words.”

“Well, so that’s her name.” she scoffed. “And you choose to defend her right now? You’re telling me to leave?! Instead of explaining to me what the this is about?!” she inhaled sharply. “Why did this happen, Wonwoo?! What was wrong with me? …With us?” Sohye’s voice got lower and lower the more she said.

Outside she was livid, but on the inside she was utterly heartbroken.

Wonwoo only watched her in silence. He did not move to comfort her even as she rested her elbows on her knees and buried her head in her hands. He could see her shoulders shaking. But he couldn’t think straight nor could he feel properly.

He was conflicted on which relationship to save.

“….” Sohye said from behind her hands. “This is the moment where you apologize, you know!” she raised her head and looked at him with crestfallen eyes. “You’d just apologize …and I’d accept it. Then I’ll just forget about it. And then we’ll go back to just how we were. Back to when everything was fine.

I’m willing to forget everything and move on, Wonwoo, just tell me you’re sorry. Tell me you didn’t mean it. Tell me that everything will be back to how it was. Please…”

She let the tears she held back fall freely on her face. Her cheeks were drenched with her pain and sadness. But Wonwoo still didn’t move.

Sohye slowly got the message. “I guess you didn’t love me like I loved you at all…” she said in despair.

“Aniya!” Wonwoo exclaimed.

Sohye flinched, but hope spread in her chest.

“No, I mean… You’re right. You’re right, Sohye. Because I know I loved you a lot more than you did.” He paused. “But now… I like her a lot more.”

Her heart mirrored all the hope inside her as it shattered to tiny pieces. Her chest constricted to the point she couldn’t remember how to breathe. She stared into the older boy’s eyes a she desperately searched for any sign of a lie.

She found none.

She nodded slowly as reality finally dawned on her. “I get it. You like her now. Okay.” She stood abruptly and wiped her face. “Fine. Go to that . You only have one girlfriend from now on.

We’re over, Wonwoo. Goodbye.” And she left without looking back.

Once again, he watched her in silence as she walked away. From their relationship, from him and also from his life.

He didn’t know if he was sad or relieved. He was shocked numb.

What he only knew was that he was losing—no, he lost someone he could never get back.

------------

Got that right, bish. Lol. 

Anyway the words that started it all and their actual setting. Whoooo~ :3

Hope you like it! Bai~