15

Until We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 15 [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Battle [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Before I could process what was happening, I had been teleported to a big empty room along with Jungkook, Prince Jimin, and the king. When I say big, I mean big. It was as big as my entire upstairs floor back at home, and with nothing but cold concrete floor. Jungkook and Prince Jimin sat at the sides of the room, watching eagerly, while I stood across of the king, whose eyes seemed to have gotten wilder since I made the deal.

 

For me, afraid was an understatement. I was absolutely petrified right now. My forehead was already damp and I was practically shaking. Though I tried to remain as confident as the king was, I couldn’t hide how much my body shook in his presence.

 

“Firstly, there is a rule we need to establish.” The king announced, pacing back and forth. “Under no circumstances are any of you,” – He pointed to Jungkook and Prince Jimin – “Allowed to jump in and fight. Got that?”

 

Prince Jimin obeyed immediately, and although Jungkook looked as if he wanted to object, he reluctantly agreed too. The king gave them a curt nod in approval.

 

“Are you ready?” The king asked mockingly, clearly positive he was going to win.

 

I nodded, already trying to channel my power.

 

“Okay.” He started the countdown, and I was breathing hard.

 

“Three.”

“Two.”

“One.”

 

Immediately, he charged at me full speed, a brightly-colored sword that buzzed with life beginning to appear in his hands, alike to the one Jungkook used while he fought. Power manipulation, I recalled Namjoon’s words.

 

I dodged his attack in time and his sword went through the walls, missing me only by a finger or two. He tried a couple more times to stab me, but thankfully, the blade never touched me. When he had finally given up on using the now dull sword, he grunted, frustrated that I had avoided all his attempts. I was already out of breath when the sword disintegrated in his hands, and he sent a full blast of invisible force in my direction. I was thrown up and landed harshly on my back, making me groan in pain. The battle had barely started and I was close to surrendering. I doubted I’d make it through the rest of this fight.

 

I gathered all my strength. I concentrated on his movements, and just at the right time, I started to make him levitate. Thankfully, the practice I had done on Yoongi did come into handy. In a few seconds, the king was already as high as the tall ceiling. His face was tomato-red, trying to struggle out of my grip.

 

I slammed him against the wall multiple times, injuring him brutally. I felt a sudden tug at myself, and I knew he was fighting fire with fire. I wasn’t going to let his omnikinesis get to me, and released my grip on him so he fell to the ground. He landed with a thump, but he was quick on his feet. He got up very quickly, not seeming hurt at all. Either his pain tolerance was extremely high, or he had manipulated Jungkook’s fast healing abilities.

 

He was enraged. He threw a punch at me, but I was too late to react. He hit me with so much power that it brought tears to my eyes, and my nose was throbbing already. I touched it, and my fingers were stained all over with blood.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter