12

Until We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 12 [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Driver [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

I was panting and out of breath when I finally reached the fork. Jungkook on the other hand, with his amazing stamina, was barely fazed. He was already waiting for me where the tail intersected, his eyes wild and full of life, his chest heaving up and down.

 

“Come on,” He waved me over quickly. “We’ve got to hurry.”

 

He disappeared to the left of the fork and I followed closely behind, only to end up bumping into Jungkook. His mouth was open and he was staring at something in front of him, and I followed his gaze.

 

It was nothing like I had ever seen before. A creature so majestic and fine that made chills go down my spine, and a mane so beautiful I wanted to run my fingers through its rainbow-colored locks. Its body was slim and leathery, with four long sturdy legs, and its soft tail swished from side to side as if it was anticipating our arrival. On the top of its symmetrical head was a singular, sparkling horn swirled to perfection.

 

“Wow.” I said breathless. It felt as if the creature’s radiance was draining the rest of my power.

 

“This is my first time seeing a unicorn here.” Jungkook’s voice was small and quiet, as if he was afraid of disturbing it. “It’s gorgeous.”

 

I agreed, unable to take my eyes off the magnificent unicorn. It was as if I was in a trance, and Jungkook and I stared at it for a good minute, admiring its natural beauty.

 

Jungkook was the first to snap out of it. “We shouldn’t waste time like this.” He shook his head vigorously to clear his thoughts. “Let’s get on.”

 

We walked closer to the unicorn. It intimidated me more than any of the other monsters I had  fought. For one, it was much more powerful, and even the outer appearance had me shook to my core. My breaths weren’t slowing down.

 

“Oh. Hello there.”

 

Jungkook backed away from the unicorn immediately. Another young man, possibly slightly older than the both of us, popped out from the other side of the unicorn. His dyed hair was the color of a deep ocean, and he had very pale green eyes. His facial expression told me he wasn’t too pleased, and neither did the tone of his uninterested voice. He was dressed in a blue sweater and wore thick black fingerless gloves.

 

“Hi. You must be our driver?” Jungkook asked teasingly.

 

“Unfortunately.” The man didn’t smile, and instead sighed heavily. “Please get on the unicorn. Be gentle, because she gets a little aggressive when you’re harsh.”

 

The man went onto the unicorn first, climbing it normally. Then, Jungkook insisted I go next, since it would be safer if I was in the middle. I hesitantly put my hands on its soft, thick skin and was careful not to acc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter