rituals

Genie

i guess this is technically the last chapter

 

feels reallyincomplete

might go back to this if i have another idea, but there IS an epilogue

 

i'll be in japan next week so i have to post both today

 



They slowly made it to the kitchen where Minseok and Sehun were leaning against a counter, their fingers entwined. 
“Did we interrupt something?” Hongbin asked, looking at their hands.
“Mm nope.” Sehun said softly. He looked more relaxed than Minseok had seen him in some time. 
Sehun momentarily stepped between Minseok's legs to kiss him goodnight before heading to his room with Kai. 
“Does Ren know about this?” Kyungsoo asked quietly.
“He can see the thread that connect Sehun, Luhan, and I. He understands.”
“He understands that Minseok is only in love with Ren.” Hongbin said, wrapping his arms around Kyungsoo from behind. 
The gypsy chose that moment to walk into the kitchen.
“My babies, you look well.” She grabbed each of them with an arm around the neck and kissed them on the forehead. She froze when she kissed Hongbin.
“Oh sweetheart,” she suddenly looked so sad, more ancient than ever, “My poor darling baby.” She looked at Kyungsoo, “You let them take his memories?”
“It was necessary. I didn't want him to remember suffering like that.” Kyungsoo stated, knowing in his heart that it was the best option. Their only option, really.
“Will it prevent me from being a proper oracle?” Hongbin asked.
“No, my love, I don't think it will.”
“That's a first, you being not a hundred percent totally sure of something,” Kyungsoo smirked.
“Twice,” Minseok said quietly, smirking at her.
“Get over here, you little .” The gypsy pulled both of her boys under her arms, grabbed Minseok and disappeared. 
“Why am I here?” Minseok asked as they reappeared in the candle room.
“Where are we?” Kyungsoo and Hongbin asked in eerie stereo.
“The end of all things.” Everyone else in the room replied. 
“Why is there screaming?” Hongbin asked.
“Hang on a sec,” Minseok said, walking to the door to Luhan's office. He knocked three times.
The door opened and Luhan looked surprised to see Minseok as the screams that were nearly deafening were no longer muffled by the sound proof door.
“How do you stand that?” Minseok asked.
“WHAT? I THINK HE'S BEEN SCREAMING IN MY EAR FOR A FEW HOURS. AM I SHOUTING?”
“Yes, you are, Han. Can you gag him or something? They have guests.”
Luhan looked at the the men who lived on this side of the door. 
“You got any dirty laundry… like socks or anything you don't need?”
Sungmin and Donghae turned to Hyukjae. “Give Luhan your socks.” Donghae said. 
“Uh, Ok.” He said, not knowing why, but he knew it would be worth losing the socks he'd been wearing all week. He thought it was all week. It's so hard to keep track of time when you can't remember the past or future. 
Luhan held the balled up socks by the ribbing as far away from himself as he could.
“Perfect. Be right back.” It took a few moments, but suddenly it was silent.
“My feet are cold,” Hyukjae lamented.
Luhan came back out, closed the door behind himself and joined the other's in the room.
“I brought you here because a witness is required for the ceremony. Two makes it even better.” The gypsy said, looking at Luhan.. 
The three brought out a platform with a table covered in various items. 
“Hold hands as you walk onto the platform.” The old woman said. Hongbin was on the left, Kyungsoo on the right.
She held their hands over a silver goblet, grabbing a knife and cutting into their pinkies. Once each of them had spilled a few drops into the goblet, she waved her hand and their fingers had healed. 
They looked at their fingers in awe before the blood in the goblet burst into flames. The old woman waved the goblet in the circles before smiling and kissing each of them on the forehead. 
“Now what?” Kyungsoo asked.
“Now we go for tea and sandwiches.”
“We're done?” Hongbin asked.
“Yep. That's it.” She smiled. 
“What kind of tea would you like?” Donghae asked before saying, “Strawberry for Hongbin and Rooibos for Kyungsoo.”
“That sounds nice.” Hongbin said before sitting. 
“It is, isn't it?” Donghae said. 
He was expecting someone to ask ‘what is?’ But strangely enough nobody did.
“Looks like they're throwing off your mojo.” Minseok smirked.
“They're just too used to growing up with me.” The gypsy said with a jagged smile. 
“So… which candles are ours?” Kyungsoo asked.
“They know if you're lying.” She said.
Sungmin sighed, “You don't have candles.”
“What do we have?” Hongbin raised an eyebrow.
Hyukjae waved them over to the cabinet, “If this keeps up, we might need a bigger cabinet.”
“Since when have you guys cared about spatial conformity?” Minseok asked from his spot on the floor.
“He's making an attempt at humour,” Donghae grinned proudly.
“What was I doing?” Hyukjae asked. 
“You were showing us what we had instead of candles,” Hongbin replied calmly.
“Right, you have these.” He opened the doors and the candles in the cabinet had little twinkling lights flying around. They flew out and started circling the occupants of the room before flying off to the furthest reaches of the room.
“... They'll come back.” Donghae looked into the distance with a shrug.
“In any case, we should get you three home. People are worrying… going to be worrying?” He shrugged.
With the snap of their fingers, the three men opened their eyes back in their kitchen. 
“I suppose I'll head to bed after I do the… dishes.” Hongbin went pale and shook his head as if he was trying to clear the cobwebs.
Kyungsoo’s knees hit the ground hard enough to rattle the dishes in the cabinets. He was barely able to hold himself up as he squeaked in pain.
“Crap.” Minseok grumbled as he grabbed wads of paper towels and pressed them against Kyungsoo's face. He wasn't able to hold them himself, he could barely hold himself upright.
He called for Ren who stared wide eyed at the two men who couldn't make it out of the kitchen. 
“Help Kyungsoo with his nose bleed, I'm gonna call Yixing.” Hongbin made this pathetic sobbing noise that escalated into a keening sound and he finally crumpled to the ground in a ball. He screamed his throat raw, clutching his head. It looked like he was trying to pull his knees inside his chest. 
“We just got back from the candle room and they just went down. Ren looks absolutely horrified.” 
“It is the most disturbing thing I've ever seen.” Ren said, being unable to look away from whatever it was streaming into their heads, “And I've pulled bullets out of your chest.”
“Be there in a sec.”
Minseok let Yixing in, and as soon as he stepped in, the living area of the house went quiet. The sounds of Wonsik and Hakyeon having in the bedroom was the loudest thing happening. 
“Have they come out to eat or drink anything?” Yixing asked.
“No clue. I've been with Kyungsoo and Hongbin since they went into the kitchen.”
The two men were currently panting desperately, looking as if they were seeing everything for the first time. 
Hongbin very slowly rolled from his side to his knees and stood long enough to bend over the sink and lose everything he had eaten in the candle room. 
“Oh that can't be good.” He rasped after seeing blood dripping down the side of his face and fainting.