here's where it starts to get a bit dark

Genie

don't hate me
the story is maaaaaybe half done
this might be a bit gory
but i'm not that good as fare as gore writing goes

so i don't think it's actually that bad as far as gross things go

 



           Joonmyun had no idea how much time had passed when he woke to a searing pain in his arms. The first thing he noticed was that he was tied to a chair.
          “I was wondering when I could start” Kris said quietly.
           Joonmyun shook the cobwebs out of his head. “Kris?” He looked at his wrists and saw that they were bleeding badly. “What’s going on?” He was still a bit woozy and the situation he was in hadn’t fully hit him yet.
           “You aren't in a situation to ask questions, genie.” Kris snapped.
           “I’m not a genie.” Joonmyun’s head was clearing.
           He looked around himself. The floor was covered in drawings and some ancient script. It looked as if it was drawn in… “Is – is that my blood?” Joonmyun squeaked.
           He looked at the blood, still dripping from his wrists. He noticed that Kris had smeared blood around his wrists like the shackles that were on Tao’s arms when they had first met.
             Joonmyun’s objections fell upon deaf ears as he set up the elaborate circle. He set candles up around the brunet. “… ugh” The smell made Joonmyun nauseous.
             “Genie tallow candles.” Kris explained.
             “That’s terrible.” Joonmyun shrieked, pretty sure that it was forcibly taken from a genie, probably still alive and screaming. The thought made him a little more nauseous realizing he couldn’t cover his nose.
             Kris placed a red stone over each of the candles and they started to burn leaving a pleasant smell that covered the stench of melting genie.
             The entire time, Joonmyun hoped simultaneously that Tao wouldn’t come home soon, and that his lover would rescue him.
               Kris started reading aloud from the book that came from the box.
               Joonmyun shook his head. He was getting really dizzy from the blood loss.
               Kris pulled out a knife, seemingly from nowhere. “It’s made from the bone and antler of a long extinct animal. The edge will never chip, never dull.” He showed it to the other man then demonstrated how sharp it was by cutting Joonmyun’s forearm from wrist to elbow. "It was the reason I broke in here last time." He said as the skin parted easily, blood bubbling up quickly in its wake.
               “Please Kris…” He pleaded weakly, “You don’t want to do this. You’re a good man.”
               He looked at Joonmyun with an unsure look on his face for a moment before Joonmyun heard a whisper and he resumed cutting Joonmyun’s other forearm. The brunet could only bring himself to whimper pitifully.
               The blood was flowing freely from both of his arms and still Kris didn’t look satisfied as he continued to read from the old tome.
               He picked up a chalice with intricate engravings and put it to Joonmyun’s lips, “Drink” he ordered. Joonmyun resigned himself to a horrible death. It would be fine as long as Tao was safe. He hesitated a moment before opening his lips and drinking the viscous, heliotrope, almost red liquid. It tasted like ash and burned like fire down his throat. It cleared his head long enough to try reasoning with Kris.
               “Kris you’re my friend … We’re neighbours …” He said weakly. Kris looked hesitant. Joonmyun heard something whispering to Kris. No doubt about it this time.  “Something’s wrong… You aren't yourself.”
               Kris read one part, paused then read it again. He very cautiously took the knife, uncertainty evident in his face. He started at the back of Joonmyun’s neck and very lightly cut around his throat.
               The whole time Joonmyun whimpered and begged for Kris to stop, to think about what he was doing, he even tried to weakly shake from Kris’ grip but that only succeeded in driving the knife deeper into his skin. He struggled again and it cut through Tao’s mark.
               Kris took a firm grip of Joonmyun’s hair and looked him in the dulling eyes. In a voice very unlike his own, growled, “If you do that again, I can’t promise that you’ll be able to speak when I’m done.
               Kris’ eyes squeezed shut and for a moment Joonmyun saw the real Kris. “I’m sorry” he whispered before losing himself again.
               Joonmyun’s skin was getting paler by the minute and he was struggling to breathe. Kris finished cutting and drew a collar around Joonmyun’s neck in his blood.

               Elsewhere, they were finishing up loading the car after a successful photo shoot. Tao grabbed his neck in pain. “Joonmyun! We have to go home!” Tao urged Chanyeol.

               Kris looked at him with clouded eyes. Joonmyun heard the whispering again, but this time he hears a name. “Yifan?” Joonmyun said out loud.
               Kris’ eyes cleared and he took a step back, looking at his hands that were covered in Joonmyun’s blood. He looked at Joonmyun with a confused expression, “What … is –“
               ‘Yifan, get your wishes’
               His eyes clouded over again. “Remember me? I got you and Jongdae together …” He panted. He saw that he was no longer getting through to him. “Yifan … for me … at least tell Tao that I love him …”
               Kris cut the ropes holding Joonmyun in place and set the lamp on the floor between Joonmyun’s feet. He raised his hands to the ceiling and recited the last line of the incantation loudly and clearly. He looked expectantly at the lamp and then at Joonmyun. The brunet slumped forward and fell into a puddle of his blood. Kris grabbed the lamp and ran back out the way he came in just as he heard the front door open and Tao shout “Joonmyun?”