we're off on a secret mission

Genie

sorry i'm late. i guess i''ll double update today

 



 

They stepped outside expecting cat calls from at least Hakyeon, but everyone was discussing the plan to rescue Kyungsoo and Hongbin.

Jeonghan was explaining to Wonsik where he saw the lower offices, drawing a cute, little map with bunnies and angry faces on it.

“That looks so gay, I just want you to know that.” Ren teased once his cousin finished explaining what he knew.

“So says the guy who just had a up his .” Jeonghan shot back.

“I've never had a up my in my life.” He sounded insulted.

“True story.” Minseok said, looking at the map.

Everyone just stared at the two men. Looking back and forth in confusion.

“Last time I lived there, I was the one who had to Minseok. With the way they were going I doubt they've actually had … despite how long they've been married.” Sehun shrugged.

“That can't be true. I mean sounds carries really well through the walls and like just now. What was that?” Wonsik asked.

“Do you really want to discuss the intricacies of our life while we have people to save?” Ren asked.

Minseok held Ren's hand, the two smiling softly at each other while the group planned out how they would free the two men.

 

“We'll meet you at the office. I gotta take Han home.” Ren said to the group.

“I'll go with you.” Minseok spoke up.

“But I wanted to go with you guys.” Jeonghan swooned.

“And what good will you be when we need at least one person to make sure you don't pass out on us?” Ren snapped, “S-sorry, just I- I don't- I want to keep you safe while I still have you.”

Jeonghan nodded, realising his role in this was over.

 

“I'll come and check on you when everything is done, ok?” Ren said, handing his cousin his keys in the driveway in front of Jeonghan's house.

“Here… if this can help, I'll do what I can.” Jeonghan said, handing his access card to Ren.

 

It was late by the time they got together and went in. They walked through the offices that Jeonghan was in charge of.

They heard footsteps approaching and everyone rushed into a cubicle, Ren and Wonsik tried to get in last, but the man approaching saw them.

“Oh hey guys, burning the midnight oil I see.” The security guard walked past and grinned, not giving them or the cubicles a second look.

“Yep. Important work to do.” Wonsik said.

Wonsik led them to the vaults and stopped at the man trap.

“. I didn't think about how to get us all past … what's Baekhyun doing?” Wonsik paused to look at the man who had walked most of the way down the fence, rolled up his sleeves and now had lock picking tools in his mouth.

Baekhyun was on his knees in front of a padlock, picking it open.

“What if it's alarmed,” Wonsik asked.

“Tao, can you take out any alarms attached to the gate?” Baekhyun asked without looking up. The genie ran his hand along the gate, turned, walked past Baekhyun, slapped him on the , then ran his hands along the fence again.

“There weren't any.” Tao finally said as he came back.

The door swung open and Baekhyun dusted himself off before slapping Tao on the . Tao went to Joonmyun and pouted about Baekhyun slapping him on the and Baekhyun went to Chanyeol complaining of the other man.

They sighed and replied with, “Yes dear, we saw.” As they rolled their eyes.

They finally found the interrogation rooms. Baekhyun looked at the locks and shook his head.

“I don't have the equipment to get past these locks.”

Minseok looked at the keypad and traced the edge before tapping in a quick series of numbers. The door swung open and Minseok stared at his right hand in confusion. “That's new.” He mumbled. “Is that what she gave me?”

They rushed in and the first room they found was cold, uncomfortably cold. A young man was in his underwear, suspended by his arms. If it weren't for the violent trembling he'd look dead.

“Tao! Warm blankets! Send him to Yixing!” Joonmyun  said urgently. The man disappeared from the wall and Joonmyun pulled him forward for a kiss.

“Thanks.” Tao said, feeling the tiny surge of energy his mate gave him. “But don't waste all of your energy.”

“I have tons. Let's get going.”

Ren passed them and Tao's hands reached out to grab his arm. He gasped and turned to Tao.

“I know you don't like when anyone but your mate touches you, but bear with me for a moment.” Tao said before granting him the ability to send people to Yixing and conjure necessary objects to help the captives.

Ren fell to his knees and Minseok picked him up.

“What just happened?” Minseok asked Tao.

“Kiss your mate. Whenever he sends another person away give him some of your energy.” Tao instructed.

“Uh ok.” He kissed Ren and felt a tiny tingle.

After a few rooms of people who had been tortured in the same way as the first man, they found an empty room with dried blood on the walls.

Ren touched the dried blood and gasped. “It's them! It's Kyungsoo and Hongbin.”

“Why were they in there together?” Sehun asked.

“They only work when they're together.” Ren tore his hand away from the wall as if it had been stuck.

They decided to split into groups of six. Half of them went to look for more information in Heejun's office. Hopefully they could shut him down. The other half decided to stay down in order to free the rest of the captives.

As they went along,  Kai noticed something.

“Is it just me, or are they finding ways to make these poor bastards along the right wall more and more desperate for people to touch them? And the ones on the left wall seem to be babbling prophetic nonsense.”

They finally got to an area that widened out. The cells along the walls had barred windows that allowed the captives to see what was going on in the center area.

It looked like exercise equipment until examined more closely.

“Oh gods… I think I know what they're doing. I've seen like this.” Chanyeol frowned.

“... Oh.” The realisation hit the other men at the same time. They followed behind as Minseok rushed to unlock the doors.

They stopped in their tracks when they heard the cocking of some guns.  Minseok, Sehun, and Chanyeol rushed to jump in front of their partners as the guards opened fire.

Kai stood in shock for a moment before making a hand gesture and holding them in place with the shadows around them. Sehun lifted a shaking hand and sent a massive wave of butterflies at them.

A few moments of gunfire later, and the other guards were no longer a threat. They had shot each other.

Kai watched Ren as he stuck his fingers into his husband's injuries and pulled out the bullets one at a time.

“You could have sent me to Yixing.” Minseok said.

“You'll be fine in a few minutes, we need you here.” He looked over at Kai who was making an attempt at doing what Ren did, although, Sehun was whining about it the whole time.

Then his eyes fell on Chanyeol and Baekhyun. The younger man lay there, bleeding everywhere as his lover shook him.

Ren went to feel for life signs before sending him to Yixing. His head jerked toward Baekhyun, who was begging for Chanyeol to come back, and he pulled him away.

“What are you doing?” He screeched, struggling desperately against Ren. The next thing he said caught in his throat as Chanyeol burst into a pillar of flame.

A moment later, Chanyeol had sat up, coughing little grey clouds of smoke.

“What the was that?” Baekhyun shrieked.

“Fear had been keeping him from what he really was. He dropped the fear to save you.”  Ren said before going to Minseok and pulling a few more bullets out of him.

Kai was very squeamish, but he continued searching for bullets in his boyfriend.

“This was not what I meant when I said I wanted my fingers in you.” Kai pouted as he threw another bullet over his shoulder.

“Min. Thank you.” Ren whispered, kissing his husband.

“For what? Ow.” He sat up, “I love you too much to let you get hurt. You know that.” Ren's face made an interesting expression before he spoke up.

“When all of this is over and done with,” He kissed the older man softly, “I want you to make love to me.”

Minseok looked dumbfounded for a moment, “Me? To you? Inside of you?” Ren nodded and his hair turned pink.

Minseok leaned forward and kissed Ren hard. “Let's go rescue some people.”

Meanwhile

“They're not answering.” Joonmyun said, looking at his phone.

“Leave a message on Baekhyun's phone.” Kris said. “Tell them where we're going and to meet us there.”

Joonmyun called Baekhyun's phone and he actually picked up.

“Hello?” The shaky voice said.

“Baek, what's wrong?” Joonmyun was getting ready to head back down the stairs.

“We uh- We got attacked. I-oh gods, I'm covered in Chanyeol's blood. Did you know he’s a Phoenix?” Baekhyun's voice cracked.

“Is he ok? Is anyone hurt?”

“Uh,” Baekhyun panted for a moment, “No. Everyone's ok now.” Joonmyun heaved a sigh of relief.

“Look, we're gonna go to Heejun's place and confront him. What he's doing is just ing sick.”

“Which part? The slave training camp or the psychic farm?” Baekhyun's shock had turned to anger. “I think they found ways to erase memory too. So be careful. We're gonna get everyone out of here before we meet up with you, ok?”

“Yeah. You be careful too.”