first strike

Genie

part 2 of a double update
don't forget to read the chapter before this

please don't hate me
also leave comments
tell me you don't hate me



           This time when he disappeared in a puff of smoke, Joonmyun didn’t panic. “I can kind of see you.” He said lazily as he ran his fingers through wisps of smoke.

           Tao chuckled lightly as he settled around Joonmyun, occasionally floating around. The brunet felt a light kiss on his lips and fingertips caressing his sides. “How did I get so lucky?” Joonmyun asked.

           “You saved a gypsy from falling off of the platform.” Tao said softly, “I’m so happy my mate is such a pure, beautiful creature.”

           “We just spent the last few hours balls deep in my best friend’s boyfriend and you still think I’m pure?” Joonmyun scoffed.

           “You did it to help your friends, that is a pure intention.” Joonmyun chuckled a bit and shrugged.

 

              

            The next morning, Baekhyun stumbled out of his bedroom, grunted at Tao and Joonmyun, opened the freezer, pulled out two ice packs and waddled back to his room. The two in the kitchen just chuckled softly.


 

           A few days later, Jongdae knocked at the door and looked worried. “Kris hasn’t been sleeping well. He’s getting paranoid and thinks I don’t love him. He thinks I’m always out finding someone else to entertain me because he’s no good.”

           “What are you actually doing?” Joonmyun asked.

           “Looking for a job.” Jongdae pouted.

            Joonmyun thought for a minute, “Ask him to come over, maybe we have some sort of tea that can help him rest.”

           Jongdae’s phone rang. “I’m across the street, come over.” He said to Kris. Not even two minutes later, Kris was knocking at the door.

           Kris was ushered to a fainting couch. “Pretty cool huh? We found it in the basement.”

           “What are you doing?” Kris sounded uneasy.

           “Just relax.” Joonmyun said as he began to massage Kris’ hands.

           “What is this?” He asked when Tao handed him a mug of tea.

           “It’s tea, it’s good for soothing nerves.” Tao said.

           “Kris… does the word Carbuncle mean anything to you?” Joonmyun asked.

           Kris’ eyes shot open. “Uh… no? Why do you ask?”

           “We think that is what might be preventing you from sleeping.” Joonmyun said

           “I’m fine …” He said, once again letting the tea take over and the massage that was now working its way up his arm just felt so …

           Kris was out.

           Jongdae smiled. It had been a while since he saw Kris this relaxed.

           Kris frowned.

           Baekhyun was asleep in his room. He was mumbling quietly. Chanyeol quietly stepped out in a pair of pajama pants and a tank top, trying to let everyone sleep.

           “Baek is having another one of those dreams.” Chanyeol said quietly to Tao. Tao followed the raven-haired man to his room.

           Kris murmured in his sleep.


 

          “I told you already, you aren't welcome here. It’s bad enough you’re taking all of Jongdae’s time. You must make this man's life hell in his sleep too?” Carbuncle said as he pushed Baekhyun into the water. Baekhyun tried to wake himself up. “It’s no use, I will let you wake up when I’m good and ready.” It smirked as Baekhyun floundered desperately, incapable of swimming even in his sleep. Carbuncle turned to Kris who seemingly ignored the splashing to his right, “You know what you have to do.” It said and both of the men woke up.

 

           Baekhyun sat up coughing up water. He was shaking and clutching desperately at Chanyeol’s arm. “Baek! Baekhyun! You’re awake!” Baekhyun couldn’t stop coughing up water.

           Tao looked like he had punched into Baekhyun’s chest and pulled out all of the water obstructing his airways. “What happened?”

           “Carbuncle …? Whatever it was … threw me in water … Can’t swim.” He panted.

           Joonmyun sat in the living room and smiled at Kris. “Feeling better?”

           “Yeah actually.” He looked like he had truly gotten some rest.

           “You wanna go home?” Jongdae asked. Kris nodded and took Jongdae’s hand.

 

           A few nights later, Kris was curled tightly around Jongdae as if he’d never let go. The carbuncle continued whispering to him every night. He’s a terrible lover. Jongdae will leave him for someone more experienced. He’s not out job hunting, he’s sleeping with Suho.

           Kris woke up and went to his work table. First he wrote down a list of strange things he noticed across the street.

            ‘Let me conjure up some food’ Suho said, Kris wrote that down.

Did Joonmyun even go to the dining room to set the table?

             The moped was a mystery in and of itself. One wrench for all of that and it was the wrong size. Not to mention the parts that were always on hand.

How did Suho walk away virtually unharmed? An accident like that would have resulted in a trip to the hospital at least.

            The freezer. He knew for a fact only had the two popsicles in it. Where did Tao get the other two?

            Baekhyun falling asleep when Chanyeol asked Suho for help.

           There were too many things to count. He went to his big book that he had been translating and continued writing. Something was missing.

 

           The next day, Chanyeol sat in the living room explaining to Tao and Baekhyun what each piece of photography equipment was.

           “So what’s all this about?” Joonmyun asked, leaning against the door frame.

           “Massive make or break me photo shoot tomorrow.” Chanyeol said, “I need to borrow Tao tomorrow if that’s ok with you.”

           “What are you asking me for? Tao can make his own decisions. I have to work tomorrow anyway.”

 

           The next morning, Tao, Baekhyun and Chanyeol scrambled to get everything into the car.

           “Why didn’t you load everything in last night?” Tao asked.

           “And risk someone breaking in and stealing all of my equipment?” Chanyeol scoffed, “I think not.”

 

           Jongdae kissed Kris softly. “I’ll be fine,” Kris said, “Good luck on your interview, love.” Jongdae had gotten an interview at the history museum that Kris worked for and he was doing his best not to skip there.

           “Love you,” Jongdae said before he left.

           Joonmyun was working in his office, he had just finished a conference call when he heard a loud crash from upstairs. If someone had broken in upstairs, it might be the same person who broke in last time. They were probably looking for, “The trunk!” Joonmyun said out loud. He grabbed a candlestick on his way to the attic. He would fight off whoever was up there. He would protect Tao.

           He very quietly made his way up to the attic and looked around. He saw nothing. If it weren’t for the fact that the door to the tower was hanging partially open on one broken hinge, he would have chalked it up to an overactive imagination. This was his first time alone in the house after all.

           He went into the attic to see if the trunk was undisturbed. He let out a sigh of relief when he saw that it was still hiding under the tarp behind all of the chairs in the corner. He checked the door to the tower to see how badly it was damaged.


Everything went black.