rebound

Genie

it'ss that time again

holy i have a lot of homework

and this semester i took for fun...

yikes

 



Chanyeol walked into the kitchen ten minutes after Tao got there. The blond handed the raven haired man a glass full of a red substance before going back to frying something on the stove.

           “What’s this?” He eyed the glass skeptically “And who are you?” He took a tentative sip. Even rat poison might feel better than this pounding headache. He decided to sit at the little island in the middle of the white, tiled kitchen because the breakfast nook was still buried.

           “Bloody mary to help you with your hangover, and I’m Tao.” He looked over his shoulder before cutting up a mushroom.

           Joonmyun walked in and gave the genie a kiss. Tao dropped the knife long enough to wrap an arm around his waist and squeeze with a large hand.

           “Where’d you pick this one up, Joonmyun?” He looked the blond over from head to - “Where are his feet? Why is he floating?” Chanyeol screeched, hopping to his own feet.

           “Tao… feet” Joonmyun said. Tao looked down and his feet materialized.

           “Sorry… not used to staying corporeal for so long. Sit, breakfast is almost done.” He gestured toward the barstool Chanyeol was no longer occupying.

           “Is he a ghost? Is this house is haunted by” sniff “what smells to be” sniff sniff “an amazing chef?” He was still babbling loudly.

           “I am not a ghost, Chanyeol.” Tao said as he put a stack of pancakes in front of the raven haired man. "Eat up."

           “What are you then?” He was still drinking the bloody mary.

           “I’m a genie.”

          “Like I’ll grant you three wishes; POOF whadda ya need? POOF whadda ya need? POOF whadda ya need kinda genie?” He waved his arms wildly every time he said poof.

           “Not anymore. I used the first wish to set him free. I don’t get any more wishes.” Joonmyun sang just before Tao handed him some eggs and bacon.

           “Joonmyun belongs to me now.” Tao said before kissing Joonmyun’s ear. The smaller man giggled. Apparently his ears were ticklish. Tao would have fun with that later.

           “Is that what happens when you set a genie free? It owns you instead of the other way around?” Chanyeol asked.

           “No, I just don’t want to share yet. He’s beautiful and has been nothing but kind to me.” He said almost haughtily.

           “You’ve known him less than 24 hours.” Chanyeol said. “And I saw him first.” He pouted.

           “I’m a good judge of character.” Tao said smugly, “That’s why I’m taking care of you as well. I didn’t have to make you a bloody mary, you know.” Joonmyun left to answer the door. The garbage men were dropping the dumpster off for them and he had to sign for it.

           “Thanks for that by the way” He raised the glass in gratitude tilting it back and draining it of the last of its contents. “Worked wonders. Shame he couldn’t have used one of those wishes on getting me laid.”

           “That would have been a wasted wish too.” Tao said with a smirk.

           “Heyyyy I’m plenty good looking and I’m a nice guy… well niceish” Tao was beginning to think ‘pout’ was Chanyeol’s default expression.

           “I didn’t mean it as an insult. Your pink haired boy should be calling soon.” He half smiled.

           Tao’s smile grew as Chanyeol’s phone rang.

           “Hello?” Chanyeol said into the phone.

           “Chanyeol? This is Jihoon… I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today or something.”

           “Ask him to help with the house.” Tao whispered.

           “Uh um. Jihoon! Hi! Well, my day is kinda packed with the new house, but if you want to help us clear the place out, I would love to see your cute face again.”

           “Uh… I guess that sounds like an idea.”

           They talked for awhile and Tao left the kitchen to find Joonmyun talking to the garbage man to see how to open the dumpster up from the side and whatever else he needed to know.

           “What’s up Tao? You look smug.” Joonmyun kissed Tao on the corner of his mouth once the garbage man had left.

           “I think I shut Chanyeol up about needing to get laid.”

           “That was quick. He that out of practice?” Joonmyun raised an eyebrow.

           “What?” It took Tao a second to realize what he was implying “No! I ... NO! but... I...got another person to help move the crap out of this house.” He waved his hands trying to defend his character.

           “The pink haired kid? Then again the tall one looked like he would be pretty self-absorbed and too busy trying to get laid to be of actual help.”

Joonmyun shrugged.

           Tao tapped his nose to indicate that he was correct.

           “They’re gonna end up ing all over the house aren’t they?” Joonmyun asked.

           “If they do, we can compete, I’m sure.” Tao winked.

           “As long as we get this house taken care of first.” Joonmyun was trying to look like he wasn't blushing.

           “Yes, darling.” Tao smirked.

            It was a bit unnerving that all of the newspapers around the house had been school papers or articles in local papers that had something to do with Joonmyun or Chanyeol (complete with notes tacked onto them stating who in specific he was interested in that week)

         The third time they each brought a stack of newspapers out of the kitchen, Jihoon showed up. He was wearing a pair of jeans with holes in them and an old battered t-shirt.

           “Uh … hi!” Jihoon said as they walked out of the dumpster.

           “You found the place!” Chanyeol said happily before looking like he was fighting the urge to hug him.

           “It was the biggest house at the end of the street, like you said. Kinda hard to miss. How did you end up with a place like this?”

           “Joonmyun inherited it yesterday.” He pointed at Joonmyun.

“Looks like you both did.” Tao waved a slip of paper he found tacked to the refrigerator insisting that Joonmyun share the house with Chanyeol.

           “S-so… What are we doing first?” He asked nervously. Tao put the note back on the fridge for them to look at later.

           A few hours of clearing out the newspapers from the house and Jihoon got a call. He stepped outside so he could get some privacy and Tao frowned.

           “What’s wrong with you?” Chanyeol asked the blond.

           “Kinda figured it wouldn’t last between you two but I thought it would have lasted longer than this.” Chanyeol raised an eyebrow unhappily at Tao before Jihoon came in. He was bouncing on the balls of his feet.

           “I – I gotta go… something came up…” He said.

           “Will I see you again?” Chanyeol asked.

           “Who knows?” Jihoon shouted over his shoulder before running out of the house.

           Chanyeol sighed and put his head into clearing out more newspapers.