Goodbye Love

Without Him

     "Our father passed away when we were 13. We won't be able to see him when we graduation or be taught how to drive by him. Everything fell apart as our Papa plunged into severe depression.... I don't want to talk about this anymore."

13 years old

Yoongi opened the door and smiled, Hoseok was lying in bed but they weren’t at home. Hoseok had to stay hospitalized after his last incident because his illness was spreading.

    “Hi Hobi.” Yoongi spoke softly.

Hoseok turned his head to him and smiled weakly.

    “Hey, when did you get off work?” Hoseok asked.

    “Just a few moment ago, the boys went to the bathroom so they’ll be here soon.” Yoongi sat down next to his husband. “How are you feeling?”

    “Not too bad.” Hoseok smiled.

    “Babe, you’re paler than me.” Yoongi’s smile faded.

    “Well, what can you do?” Hoseok chuckled.

Taehyung and Jimin walked in a few moment later. As Hoseok predicted, the boys have grown taller, Taehyung barely towering Yoongi and Jimin almost up to Yoongi’s height.

    “Wow look at my boys. Tae, did you get taller?” Hoseok smiled.

Taehyung smiled sadly and nodded but didn’t say a word, Jimin didn’t say anything either.

    “Are you going to tell him?” Jimin spoke softly, looking at Yoongi.

    “Tell me what?” Hoseok was confused.

    “It’s nothing important.” Yoongi brushed off.

Yoongi worked at a cafe but he couldn’t tell Hoseok that he got laid off from work, that would only stress him out more.

    “Yoongi, I don’t want secrets in our marriage.” Hoseok held Yoongi’s hand.

Something in Yoongi snapped after hearing those words.

    “Oh like how you have cancer and have been hiding it for a long time! You didn’t tell me anything! You kept that a secret! We could’ve been getting you treated years ago but I didn’t hear about it until 2 years ago, Jung Hoseok!” Yoongi pulled his hand away and stood up from the bed, “You’ve been hiding a life-threatening secret from me! Your husband, the one who will always stay by your side and do anything to keep you healthy!!”

Hoseok saw how angry Yoongi was as he watched tears run down that pretty face of his. Taehyung and Jimin stood by very awkwardly as this was the first time their parents fought.

    “Why? Why did you do it?! Are you tired of me? Are you tired of our family?!” Yoongi lashed out, unable to control his emotions anymore. “Tell me why?!”

    “It was to keep you sane. I didn’t want you getting a job because you were already a full-time mother. You had to take care of the twins by yourself when they were babies and I only saw them on weekends because they would be asleep when I got home. You were already doing so much for me, having lunch and dinner ready and warm for me, cleaning the house when it didn’t need to be. Yoongi, I’m not tired of you or the boys. I just wanted to be the one to pay for my treatments but it looks like my plan backfired.” Hoseok stared at the floor.

Yoongi was crying hysterically as he fell to his knees, even dying Hoseok was still doing it for them.

    “Hobi, I’m going to lose you. I don’t want to lose you.” Yoongi’s small frame shook. “I promised myself I’d do anything to keep you by my side.”

Hoseok reached out and pulled Yoongi towards him on the bed. Yoongi laid next to Hoseok, crying his heart out. Taehyung looked over at Jimin, who had silent tears running down his cheeks, Jimin looked back him to realize the same thing on his twin. They knew Yoongi wouldn’t recover for a long time if Hoseok passed, none of them would. The next day was proof of that prediction.

    “Mr. Jung, I’m sorry to inform you but your husband has passed away.”

Yoongi started at their wedding picture they had hung in the living room.

    “Thank you for informing me, I will stop by to fill out paperwork soon.” He hung up and threw the phone at the picture.

Taehyung and Jimin ran out of their room after hearing glass shatter downstairs. The wedding picture came off the wall and they found Yoongi curled up in a ball.

    “Mom what happened?!” Taehyung kneeled next to Yoongi.

Jimin carefully picked up the broken picture frame to save the picture their parents loved so much.

    “Your father…. is gone. He’s.. gone.” Yoongi sobbed.

Jimin started to cry as well after putting the picture in a safe place while Taehyung kept a straight face. It was no different when they were at the hospital, Yoongi had to sign a couple of things for Hoseok’s passing and they said goodbye to their father one last time.

    “I love you, Jung Hoseok.” Yoongi kissed his husband’s cheek on last time.

    “Goodbye, dad.” Jimin wiped his eyes only to be replaced by new tears.

    “I’ll stay strong for them.” Taehyung remembered the times when people would say he’s just like his father.

As they were leaving, a nurse was running up to them.

    “Jung family, please wait!”

They turned around to face the out of breath nurse.

    “Your husband wanted you to have these.” She handed Yoongi three envelopes, “I’m so sorry for you loss.”

    “Thank you very much.” Yoongi held back tears.

Each one of them had their own letters from their deceased father. Jimin opened his on the ride home, it read,
    “My Chimchim, Never give up on dancing. You have a natural talent for it and you could go far with it. Please take care of your brother and papa for me. I’m sorry I had to go so soon, it wasn’t my intention but know that I love you and your brother so much. I was glad I raised you with your papa. Love Dad.”

Jimin covered his mouth and sobbed lightly while Taehyung rubbed his arm to comfort him. Once they got home, Yoongi disappeared into his room and didn’t come out all day. Jimin and Taehyung were in the living room, knowing their father wasn’t going to walk through the door anymore. Taehyung took the opportunity to read his letter while Jimin stared off into the distance.

    “My V, Don’t let anyone try to define who you are just because you’re my look-alike. You’re your own person and I want it to stay that way, continue being yourself. Take care of your older brother and your papa for me. I love you and your brother a lot. Love Dad.”

Taehyung smiled softly and knew that’s what his father would say.

    “Do you think Mo-Papa will change his last name back to Min?” Jimin asked.

    “He’d probably try but won’t because he’s a Jung and he knows it.” Taehyung looked at the closed door to their papa’s room.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm so sorry! ^^;;