12 a.m.

Without Him

    "Hehe, Papa once told me that my brother and I would wake him up from a dead sleep. He said, 'If one of started crying then the other would join in,' which wasn't very fair to him but he was grateful. He was grateful for my father being there with him during that time... He said my father would talk to us even though we couldn't understand him... He would stay up to make sure we were fast asleep even though he had work the next day to make sure papa got enough rest to take care of us the next day..."

A couple of months

Yoongi was peacefully asleep in bed when he heard Taehyung start to cry over the baby monitor. He sat up in confusion for a moment before Jimin joined in with the crying. He walked down to the nursery, rubbing his eyes as he did so.

    “Why are you both so fussy right now? I already feed you and changed your diapers.” Yoongi picked up his babies and began to bounce them. He looked at the clock they kept in the nursery.

    “12 am? Ugh babies, why?” Yoongi groaned.

A half an hour later, Hoseok came home from the office, tired and ready to fall asleep next to Yoongi before he heard crying coming from the nursery and headed that way immediately. Inside he saw Yoongi pacing around the room, bouncing their boys.

    “Do you need help?” Hoseok asked, stepping into the room.

    “Please.” Yoongi whined.

Hoseok took Taehyung from Yoongi and his head.

    “Now why are you crying?”

    “I fed them awhile ago and their diapers are clean.”

    “Tae eats a lot, sweetheart.” Hoseok pointed out.

    “Gee you could’ve told me that. Jimin can’t sleep when his brother is crying.”

    “I’ll go make a bottle for him.” Hoseok kissed Yoongi’s cheek.

Hoseok went downstairs with Taehyung and entered the kitchen.

    “Alright, your mom already has bottles made since I don’t know the formula so where did he put them?”

Taehyung made a small noise as if answering Hoseok’s question.

    “The fridge? Aigoo, my Tae is so smart.” Hoseok kissed Taehyung’s tiny cheek making Taehyung giggle.

He warmed up the bottle on the stove and double-checked it wasn’t too hot for his son.

    “Here you go, buddy.” Hoseok held the bottle for Taehyung as he ate.

He went back upstairs with the feeding infant and saw Yoongi had disappeared.

    “Yoongi?” Hoseok rose an eyebrow.

Jimin made a cooing sound and that’s when Hoseok realized Yoongi was sleeping in the rocking chair next to the door.

    “Don’t bother your mom, Chimchim.” Hoseok spoke softly as Jimin was trying to grab onto Yoongi’s shirt.

Once Taehyung was done with his bottle, Hoseok burped him and kissed his head.

    “Are you all sleepy now?” Hoseok smiled seeing Taehyung’s tired expression, “Good.”

Hoseok laid Taehyung down and carefully took Jimin from Yoongi’s strong grip.

    “Wow, even for being in deep sleep he knows his priorities.” Hoseok chuckled, putting Jimin next to his brother.

    “Now sleep tight, you two. If you wake up again, you’ll be hearing from me.” Hoseok kissed Jimin and Taehyung goodnight.

Hoseok picked up Yoongi and carried him back to their room.

    “How was work?” Yoongi mumbled.

    “It was okay as usual. Sorry for working overtime.” Hoseok laid Yoongi down on the bed.

    “It’s okay. I know we need the money.” Yoongi yawned.

    “I’m sorry you have to be a stay at home parent.” Hoseok apologized.

    “I think it’s the best job in the world.” Yoongi pulled the blanket over his head.

Hoseok wouldn’t admit it but he wished he could stop working so they could raise their kids together but he couldn’t since he was the only one getting an income.

    “Now get some sleep, you have work tomorrow.” Yoongi pat the empty spot on the bed.

    “Alright.” Hoseok laid down next to Yoongi and pulled him close.

Yoongi and Hoseok were just about to fall asleep when crying was heard over the baby monitor.

    “I got it.” Hoseok got up before Yoongi did and headed down to the nursery.

Yoongi fell asleep listening to Hoseok’s voice over the monitor.