Burden

Without Him

    "Taehyung told me he got papa to let everything out which made him feel better afterward. I never knew how much he kept to himself.... I feel bad but I'm glad he's feeling better now."

26 years old

Yoongi was rolled up in bed all alone in the empty house of his. Taehyung and Jungkook got married and found a place of their own and Jimin ended up making a name for himself in Korea leaving him by himself. Yoongi woke up to an unimaginable pain, making him shoot up in bed. The pain was so familiar to him but he wasn’t sure from where. Yoongi crawled out of bed while holding his side. He had no idea what was going on with his body at the moment, that was the first time it’s happened without anyone home. He grabbed onto the stair railing for support as he went down the stairs only to realize the pain shifted. He held onto his flat tummy and fell on his knees, now he remembers the pain.

“Hoseok!” Yoongi screamed, still feeling the pain before passing out in the middle of the living room.

Yoongi woke up an hour later on the cold floor, thankfully the pain was gone. If only Hoseok was there to comfort him as he broke down on the inside before the front door opened revealing Taehyung

    “Whoa, what’s wrong papa?” Taehyung kneeled down next to Yoongi.

    “It’s nothing.” Yoongi stared at the floor.

    “Are you sure?” Taehyung helped him up.

    “Yeah… No actually. I have something to tell you.” Yoongi sat on the couch.

    “What is it?” Taehyung sat across from him.

    “When you guys were 5, we were expecting another child.” Yoongi started.

    “And what happened?” Taehyung was curious.

    “I lost the baby and now it haunts me.” Yoongi stared at the ground.

    “Ah, I could’ve been a middle child.” Taehyung chuckled, “But it’s not your fault that you lost the child, those things happen. You shouldn’t feel so bad about it after all these years.”

    “I know but I have these phantom pains from time to time. It’s ridiculous.”

    “Did you at least know the gender?”

    “A boy.” Yoongi sighed, “His name was going to be Jihoon. Your father was going to call him Woozi.” He chuckled.

    “How come you’ve never told us about this?” Taehyung rose an eyebrow.

    “We were waiting for me to show more for it to be a surprise. Guess it was a good thing we didn’t say anything so we didn’t have you two asking about him.” Yoongi sighed.

    “You keep a lot of baggage to yourself, don’t you?”

Yoongi didn’t think about it until now. He does keep a lot to himself and never expresses it.

    “I guess you’re right.” Yoongi shrugged.

    “It’s not healthy!” Taehyung exclaimed.

Yoongi ignored him and walked into the kitchen, making Taehyung follow him.

    “Papa, I’m serious. I may not be Dad or Jimin but I will listen! I’m not a little kid anymore.”

Yoongi smiled softly at Taehyung as he put a pot of water on the stove.

    “My, you’ve really grown up Taehyung. Let me make some tea first then we’ll talk.”

Once Yoongi poured the tea into cups they headed back into the living room to finally chat.

    “Where do I start?” Yoongi took a sip before sighing. “Do you know starting our life together was difficult?”

    “Yours and dad’s?” Taehyung rose an eyebrow.

    “Yeah, my parents were strict and his parents were overprotective. They did everything in their power to keep us apart, even though we were childhood friends.”

    “Who asked who out first?” Taehyung blew into his cup.

    “Your father. I came out in front of him after my father told me I was a disappointment and I should’ve been more like my brother. Hoseok kissed me and told me we would run away together. We did run away after we graduated which is why we’re not in Korea.”

    “That’s so cute, but didn’t your parents get upset?”

    “You really can’t tell an 18-year-old what to do.” Yoongi chuckled, “My parents were livid but I never wanted to talk to them again anyway. His parents accepted our decision after realizing how happy we were together that they moved here when Hoseok told them I was pregnant so they could help us out.”

Yoongi took another sip as Taehyung took his first sip.

    “Your father’s dream of becoming a dancer was stopped once I got pregnant.” Yoongi bit his lip.

    “So it was our fault… I figured as much.” Taehyung sighed.

    “You do know it’s because he wanted to be around you two. He cried when the nurse handed him two bundles. He woke me up out of a dead sleep because he was so happy. That dream was long gone and was replaced with raising you two.” A single tear slipped from Yoongi’s eye, “All the worries I had about having kids was wiped away when I saw Hoseok holding Jimin while I had you in my arms. I had no fear in the world anymore.”

“When was the last time you cried, Papa?” Taehyung asked out of nowhere.

Yoongi looked up at his son and realized he hasn’t fully cried since Hoseok’s funeral.

“I wouldn’t mind. You’ve listened to my constant crying before but you haven’t let anything out in forever.” Taehyung could tell by the look in his father’s eyes.

Yoongi chuckled which led into a full blown laugh while Taehyung sat there. The laughter began to die down and turned into heavy sobbing before he finally began to cry. Taehyung sat next to his father and pat his back as Yoongi buried his tears into his son’s shoulders. He wouldn’t admit it but it feels better to cry than to keep it bottled up. All of the weight he carried was disappearing as he cried, making him feel better about everything.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: The bold text was Jimin!^^ Surprise!