Dancing

Without Him

    "When did you start dancing?"

    "Well, we were 8 when we started officially dancing. We did take a couple of ballet classes to wear us out for bedtime before they classes got expensive. Even if my twin denies it he did take ballet classes with me and would always "forget" about it. We ended up breaking a vase, I thought my papa was going to kill us!" 

8 years old

Jimin was jumping around the living room to a song his mom had on the radio. Taehyung sat on the couch, building a card house but was interrupted by his brother pulling him up.

    “Dance with me Tae!” Jimin spun Taehyung around.

    “That’s not dancing!” Taehyung exclaimed when his brother let him go.

Jimin went back to jumping and spinning around while Taehyung resumed his place on the couch. Hoseok walked into the house a few moments later with a bag of groceries his husband had requested for dinner.

    “What are you doing, Chimchim?” Hoseok chuckled.

    “He’s dancing.” Taehyung threw a joker card at his brother.

    “That’s not dancing, that’s just jumping around.” Hoseok put the bags down next to the kitchen entrance, “I could show you how to dance for real.”

    “Can you teach me to dance better than Jimin?” Taehyung smirked.

Jimin kicked Taehyung’s foot in anger making Hoseok laugh. A while later, Yoongi had returned from his mother in law’s place to find his kids and husband dancing in the living room. Of course, Yoongi knew Hoseok could dance very well and it seemed like that gene was passed down to their kids.

    “What do we have here?” Yoongi crossed his arms.

    “Dad taught us how to dance!” Taehyung exclaimed.

    “I liked dancing, Mom!” Jimin showed off a move.

Yoongi smiled at them and picked up the groceries in front of the kitchen.

    “Well don’t break anything or I’ll ground you for a week.” Yoongi warned before disappearing into the kitchen.

    “I’m going to go help him with dinner. Keep practicing you two.” Hoseok ruffled their hair before leaving.

Taehyung sat on the couch, completely worn out by the dance session while Jimin tried putting his leg behind his head.

    “Can you do a ballet move if you’re so flexible?” Taehyung snickered.

Jimin angrily pouted and put his hands on his hip. Taehyung was clearly mocking him because Jimin took a ballet class for a couple of years on his parent's insistence to wear him out for bedtime.

    “Fine, I’ll show you a f.. Fou… A FOUETTE!”

As Jimin positioned himself, Taehyung couldn’t help but cover his mouth and snickered because he thought taking ballet class was for girls only. Jimin spun around and stuck his leg out when he wasn’t on the tip of his foot, clearly showing off. Taehyung was actually impressed until Jimin lost balance and smacked his head on the coffee table that they had moved aside for dancing space. A vase on the table tumbled towards the floor and Taehyung watched it shatter as Jimin sat up, holding the back of his head.

    “Uh oh.” Taehyung immediately went over to Jimin and helped him before running upstairs. “You broke mom’s vase.”

    “What was that?!” Yoongi called from the kitchen.

    “JIMIN BROKE YOUR VASE!” Taehyung ran into their room and locked the door.

Now Jimin was stuck at the scene of the crime, anxiety was building up after his twin just ratted him out. Yoongi and Hoseok came out of the kitchen and saw Jimin standing in front of the coffee table next to the shattered vase. Yoongi rushed towards Jimin and Jimin shut his eyes, fearing punishment but when he felt Yoongi lifted him up he felt confused.

    “Hoseok, go get the dustpan.” Yoongi sat Jimin on the couch farthest from the crime. “Taehyung, come down here this instance!”

Yoongi was checking Jimin for any cuts or bruises, turning his head, pulling his sleeves up and just looking genuinely concerned. Hoseok came back with a dustpan and began to clean up the mess his son caused, that’s when Taehyung appeared at the foot of the stairs. Yoongi rushed over to him and check him for cuts too.

    “Oh thank god, you guys weren’t hurt.” Yoongi kissed Taehyung’s head before lifting him up.

He sat Taehyung next to his brother before finally sighing in relief.

    “I’m sorry mama. I didn’t mean to break your vase. Taehyung was making fun of me!” Jimin shouted.

    “I did not! I asked you to show me a ballet move!” Taehyung argued.

    “But you were laughing the whole time.” Jimin crossed his arms.

    “Boys, the most important part is that you’re okay. You scared us.” Yoongi kneeled in front of them.

    “We’re sorry mama.” They said in unison.

    “Now, dinner’s almost ready so wash up and stop growing or I won’t be able to carry you anymore.” Yoongi chuckled.

He went back into the kitchen with Hoseok, who dumped the broken vase into the trash.

    “They’re getting big, Hobi. I won’t be able to carry them around everywhere anymore.” Yoongi sighed.

    “What do you expect? I have a feeling they’ll grow to be taller.” Hoseok smirked, thinking about his height.

    “Um no, I don’t want everyone in my family to tower over me. You are enough.” Yoongi hit Hoseok with a spatula.

Hoseok laughed before coughing, making up the excuse that he choked on his spit so Yoongi didn’t worry.