Graduation

Without Him

    "We graduated which was great but the day was almost ruined when my Papa's parents came to visit....Um, I don't really want to talk about them, I didn't really like them much."

18 years old

    “Taehyung if you don’t get down here this instant, we’re going to be late to your graduation!” Yoongi screamed while Jimin tapped his foot impatiently.

    “Give me a second!”

    “Ugh, this child.” Yoongi put his camera away in his backpack before looking at Jimin, “Your cap is off centered.”

Yoongi readjusted Jimin’s cap, making him blush in embarrassment.

    “Papa!” Jimin exclaimed.

    “You have to look good for the pictures and tell Taehyung to actually smile and not make a weird face. We already have enough of those in the family album.” Yoongi sighed.

Taehyung came down on the railing, almost missing the landing.

    “You could’ve ruined your gown and broken your face!” Yoongi exclaimed.

    “How do you break a face?” Jimin asked.

    “Simple, with a fist. Now let’s go.” Yoongi exited the house, dragging his boys with him.

When they arrived at the school the boys disappeared and Yoongi found a spot next to Jin who brought along his husband Namjoon and their, too young to graduate yet son, Jungkook.

    “Oh, you got here on time?” Jin chuckled.

    “Taehyung was doing who knows what in their room. I had to drag them out of the house.” Yoongi pulled out his camera.

Yoongi fell asleep during the ceremony that Jin had to nudge him awake in time to see his boys get their diplomas.

    “Jimin Jung.”

Jimin climbed the stage and received his diploma while everyone clapped but something came over Yoongi. He stood up after taking a photo and screamed.

    “YEAH CHIMCHIM!”

Jimin was surprised by Yoongi’s sudden outburst, it even surprised Jin and Namjoon.

    “Taehyung Jung.”

    “AAA, THAT’S MY V!!” Yoongi screamed again.

Jin pulled Yoongi down to avoid people recognizing him as the twin's parent. Taehyung looked at Jimin with confusion once he sat back down to which Jimin responded by shrugging. After the ceremony, Taehyung sighed after Yoongi took the 15th picture of their same pose.

    “Papa, are we done?” Jimin was tired of holding his diploma.

    “Yeah, fine.” Yoongi started to look through his photos.

He paused when he saw Taehyung had managed to sneak a weird face into the pictures, instead of deleting it he decided that he will send it to his parents. He hasn’t spoken to his parents since Hoseok and him moved out of the country. They were so against Taehyung and Jimin so he’ll prove to them that his boys can do anything.

    “Congrats on graduating hyung.” Jungkook hugged Taehyung.

    “Thank you, Jungkook. Don’t worry you’ll graduate in a few years.” Taehyung smiled.

    “I know. Youlookhandsome.” Jungkook rushed.

    “What?” Taehyung thought he was hearing things.

Jimin walked over to them making Jungkook sigh in relief.

    “Congrats Jimin hyung!” Jungkook exclaimed.

    “Thank you Jungkook. Tae, can I speak with you?”

    “Sure.”

Jimin pulled Taehyung away from Jungkook and out of sight.

    “I got accepted into the dance academy. Full scholarship.” Jimin breathed.

    “That’s great!”

    “But it’s in South Korea.”

    “Have you talk to papa about it?” Taehyung rose an eyebrow.

    “Not yet but I will.” Jimin sighed.

Taehyung stared at Jimin before chuckling.

    “My twinstnict is telling me there’s something more.”

    “It’s nothing… I maybe have gotten in touch with Papa’s parents.”

    “WHAT?!” Taehyung screeched.

    “Where are you two?!” Yoongi’s voice reached them from afar.

A while after getting home, Jimin was looking uneasy. Yoongi had hung their diplomas next to their family picture which was next to the wedding photo.

    “I’m so proud of you two. Your father would be proud too.” Yoongi gushed.

    “I’m sure he is now too.” Taehyung smiled.

There was a knock on the door which made Jimin bolt up.

    “I got it!” Jimin exclaimed.

Yoongi was already walking by the door at the time Jimin got up. He opened it to reveal his parents.

    “Yoongi!”

Yoongi’s eyes narrowed into a glare seeing his parents again.

    “What are you doing here?” Yoongi’s voice was laced with poison, sending chills down Jimin’s and Taehyung’s back.

    “We’re here to discuss some plans.” His mother walked past Yoongi, into his own home.

Jimin sat back down on the couch while his twin glared at him.

    “What have you done?” Taehyung whispered.

    “I didn’t do anything.” Jimin hissed.

Yoongi looked uncomfortable as his parents barged into his home, his and Hoseok’s home, his family’s home

    “Nice little… place you have here.” His father muttered.

    “Why are you here?” Yoongi was nervous.

His mother spotted the twins sitting on the couch and gasped.

    “You had two?”

    “We ended up having fraternal twins.” Yoongi ran his hand through Taehyung’s hair.

 

Yoongi and Hoseok went to visit Yoongi's parents one last time to give them the surprise of their lives before leaving. Yoongi’s parents might not have accepted him and Hoseok but maybe they wouldn’t turn down grandkids.

    “Ugh, you’re still with him?” His mother hissed once she opened the door.

    “Yes, he’s my husband and you can’t do anything about it.” Yoongi argued.

Hoseok put his hand on the latter’s shoulder to keep him from getting angry.

    “Anyway, we have some news for you. Can we come in?”

She reluctantly moved aside to let in and sat on the couch next to her husband.

    “So what’s the news?” His father asked.

    “Well, since I’m a pretty unique person we got a little surprise… We’re expecting!” Yoongi exclaimed.

    “Expecting what?  A package?” His mother was confused.

    “Well yes.” Yoongi gulped.

    “What kind of package?” Mr. Min asked again.

    “It’s an expression. We’re having a baby.” Yoongi held Hoseok’s hand.

    “How?! Are you carrying the baby!?” Mrs. Min exclaimed.

    “Yes, I am! Isn’t it amazing?! I’m carrying a human being.” Yoongi beamed.

    “You must abort it immediately.” His father ordered.

Hoseok’s and Yoongi’s expressions dropped at the word.

    “What do you mean abort it? This is a miracle!” Hoseok argued.

    “It’s going to come out deformed or stupid. Men can’t have babies.”

    “Why can’t you guys be happy for me for once?!  Why can’t you just accept things for once??! I’m not aborting this baby because it’s a part of me and Hoseok!” Yoongi stormed out of the house with Hoseok right behind him to calm him down.

 

    “You must be Jimin.”

Jimin stared at the old women in front of him and gulped.

    “How do you know Jimin?” Yoongi raised an eyebrow.

    “His picture and name was posted in the newspaper as one of the students who will receive a full scholarship to the dance academy.” Mr. Min explained.

    “And you didn’t tell me?” Yoongi looked at his son in confusion.

    “The school was in South Korea and I haven’t accepted it yet. I wanted to discuss this with you first.” Jimin gulped once more.

    “Well, I say he should accept and he can live with us while over there.” Mrs. Min suggested.

    “Wait, that place should have dorms and since it’s a full scholarship, it means Jimin’s stay at the university would be covered and wouldn’t need to live with you.” Taehyung added.

    “You’re as annoying as Hoseok.Speaking on him, where is he? Did he finally run away from you?” Mr. Min hissed.

    “My father passed away!” Taehyung stood up in anger.

Yoongi sat him back down and growled himself.

    “My husband passed away from cancer, these kids are what’s left of him. Why do you want Jimin to stay with you anyway? You wanted me to abort him.”

Jimin’s eyes widened in surprise as did Taehyung’s. If Jimin was aborted that means Taehyung would've too.

    “That’s in the past. We were hoping that we would be able to prevent him from becoming you.”

    “What’s that suppose to mean?!” Yoongi exclaimed.

    “Taehyung’s already too far gone, he’s got his ears pierced already.” Mr. Min pointed out.

Yoongi turned Jimin’s head to reveal a single ear stud.

    “Jimin has his ear pierced.” Yoongi growled.

    “Well-”

    “No, I’ve had enough! Jimin will go to the dance academy but if you get anywhere close to him I will have you put in jail!” Yoongi screamed.

    “Oh, Yoon-”

    “I think it’s time for you to leave. You’ve already stressed my papa enough.” Jimin stood up.

    “You’re no parents or grandparents.” Taehyung spat.

Yoongi had his face covered with his hand, trying not to lose his cool anymore.

    “Just go.”

His parents didn’t say another word and left. Once he heard the door shut he sighed in relief.

    “I wasn’t expecting them to come here.” Jimin spoke.

    “You knew about this?” Yoongi looked at his oldest son.

    “I thought they were going to send a graduation gift, not come over. I’m sorry for not telling you about this.” Jimin bowed.

Taehyung smacked Jimin’s head while Yoongi chuckled.

    “It’s alright Jimin. They had to know about you two sooner or later. Now, where do I have to sign for to go to Busan?”

    “You were serious?!” Jimin exclaimed.

    “Of course. Your education is more important than staying at home and being bored. Besides you’re going to be doing something you love, that’s what your father wanted to do before we moved.” Yoongi smiled softly.

    “What happened then?” Taehyung asked.

    “It’s not important. You better accept that scholarship and Taehyung if you want to go to music school I will pay for your tuition as best as I can.”

    “I just don’t want to plummet us into debt since we’re still paying off dad’s car repairs and hospital bills.” Taehyung slumped.

    “Don’t worry about it. We thought ahead and started saving for your college tuition before you two could talk.” Yoongi hugged his boys.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm not crying! You're crying! (TT~TT) Also, can anyone figure out who's talking in the bold text (besides me of course^^)?