Chapter 9

Time Goes By

Jessica POV 

"unnie, are you dating him now?"

I was laying on my bed while reading my favorite magazine just to distract my mood swings. Dad just scolded me for what happened yesterday. He lectured me about how reckless I was for choosing Yuri as my boyfriend.

I shifted my gaze and throw a question look to my little sister. 

"Aiden." she continued. She pushed away my foot and sat next to me.

"yah!" I yelled. But she ignored me.

"the whole school were bragging about that rumors, you know. " she then crossed her hands. 

I let out a deep breath. "this school definitely need to find a new school celebrity. Why are those stupid people keep sticking their nose onto me?!"

"yah, unnie. I didn't know if you would ever into such a younger guy." Krystal grinned. 

Oh gosh! I needed to teach her. I slapped her arm. That wasn't a right time, I was still in my darkest mood.

"Ouch! Yah unnie that's hurt! I'm just kidding okay?!"

"leave me alone, Soojung." I glared. "Don't mess with me okay?" I threatened her.

"tsk! You're no fun, unnie." she got up from the bed. She was about leaving but she stopped. She once again turned back to me. "oh, I almost forgot why I'm here, unnie. Taengo oppa is here." she continued innocently. 

"What?! Yah, Soojung! You should have told me earlier." I throw a pillow but she managed to escape. That little girl really know how to get into my nerves. 

 

Taengo POV 

"Oh, good evening Mr. Jung." I bowed when I saw Jessica's daddy suddenly appeared. 

He seemed surprise but then he just nodded and went outside. Wow, such a cold attitude he had. Now I understand where Jessica inherited that cold behavior. I let out a sighed and sat back to the couch. That was almost fifteen minutes since I waited before finally Jessica showed up. 

"Hi, Sica." I greeted her happily. 

"I'm sorry for making you wait. Soojung forgot to tell me that you came." she sat in front of me. 

"Oh, it's ok." I grinned. I knew I definitely looked stupid. But, I just couldn't help it. I was just so happy by seeing her beautiful face.

"so," Jessica stated vaguely, "what are you doing here, Taengo-ah?" 

"oh, sorry for disturbing you, Sica." I scratched my head. "I just came by, and umm," I stuttered. "I just think that, well, perhaps you wanna go out with me tonight?" I could feel my face was heating.

Jessica paused for a moment that it felt like forever to me. Oh my god, please say yes!

 

Jessica POV 

I knew I wasn't suppose to agree but I was so bored. Distraction was all that I need, so there I was at an ice cream parlor with Taengo. What Tiffany said was right. This guy got crush on me. Oh, Lord please forgive me for using him.

"Sica," Taengo shaked my shoulder. "Gezz, you're spacing out." 

"Oh, I'm sorry. I was just in a deep thought." I smiled while sipping my drink from the straw. I then shifted my gaze to the big window beside us. I stare at the people who walked back and forth. 

"umm, Sica I was wondering, well, umm, do you mind if I pick you up to school tomorrow?" 

"huh?" I choked. What Taengo said just now was caught me off guard. I didn't expect he would move so fast. Gosh, I wasn't ready for this. I meant I just broke up and Taengo was happened to be Yuri's friend. It didn't feel right for me.

"I'm sorry if I'm too straightforward, Sica." he smiled gently. "I just want you to know that I've been watching you since before Yuri came in between. I guessed I made a stupid mistake by standing out." he looked outside the window beside our seats. 

I studied his face but suddenly he looked back to me. Taengo was one hundred degrees different from Yuri. He's a typical good boy. He's handsome in a different way. I quickly looked down to my glass as he shifted his gaze to me. Gosh, I almost caught checking him out. 

"so, will you give me a chance, Sica?" 

"W-what?" once again Taengo made me caught off guard. "umm, Taengo-ah.. I," I paused and stared at him blankly. 

 

Aiden POV 

That night I agreed to have dinner outside with Yul, but he happened to go out first because he had to visit our lab partner Solar. I decided to take a bus since my motorcycle was still being repaired. I was strolling the shopping center not far from my house while waiting for Yul.

"tsk! That guy seriously." I looked at my watch. It wasn't new when Yul didn't show up on time. I grabbed my phone from my pocket. "haish, where is he?!" I whined when I couldn't reach him.

He was almost one hour late. So finally I decided to have my dinner first because I was starving. I walked around the street looking for a place that could arouse my appetite.

I reach a narrow street with few people who walked when I saw someone familiar. I squinted my eyes to make sure what I saw. Alright, I guessed something wasn't right. 

"hey, what are you doing here?" I called out.

The little crowd not far from me automatically turned their gaze to me. That familiar figure looked relieved as I walked near them.

"I've been looking all over for you." I acted as I stood beside that familiar figure. I could see clearly how that familiar figure was on the verge of tears. "are you ok?" I then spread my arm around her shoulder. 

I then glared to the rest of them. There were four of them. I looked at each of their postures. They were not so tall either looked strong enough. I calculated the worst risk. I guessed I still can handle them all.

"what are you guys trying to do to her?!" I yelled out but then I felt someone grab my shirt. "Don't worry, Jess." as I met Jessica's already wet eyes. I gently took her hand off my shirt. 

 

Jessica POV 

I was so relieved when I saw Aiden. I was worry sick when I knew Aiden confronted them. I wanted to avoid him but he said to not worry. Oh gosh, I thought I've been cursed or something. I experienced too many unlucky events recently. Poor Aiden, he unconsciously always be the one who involved in it.

I screamed and closed my eyes each time they managed to lay their hand on Aiden. I couldn't stop crying although in the end Aiden managed to beat them all. 

"hey," Aiden my head and woke me up from my trance. "I was the one who got beaten. So would you stop crying?" he said while smiling. 

I didn't understand him. How could possibly he smile at this such situation. For a moment we didn't utter any word. I just carefully looked at his face and his wound. 

"are you ok?" we said in unison. 

His smile grew wider. He then turned his back and embraced my shoulder.

"let's answer it while walking." he said casually. 

We then headed to the main street. I didn't knew if Aiden realized it or not, but he kept laying his arm around my shoulders. I decided to not complain though since I also feel a lot safer when I walked beside him like that.

"I'm hungry." Aiden his stomach with his other hand. "do you know any good restaurant around here?" he asked. 

I just looked at him in a dumbfounded.