Chapter 1

Time Goes By

Author's POV

There it goes. SM high school, one of the most famous private school in South Korea. Everything best is in there. Only the kids from wealthy families able to pay the school fee, and the kids from avarage families still able to enter the school as long as they are incredibly clever. The genius can get the precious scholarship. Descrimate is highly forbiden in this school. No gaps between the rich and the genius. Every students are treated equally.

 

Jessica POV

"Yah! Wake up, Soojung!" I yelled out from the top of my lung. I hate this each time mommy asked me to wake my only lil sister up.

"Uurghh, unnie... you're so annoying." she curled up once more and only triggered me mad like crazy.

"That's it! You won't be late on your first day at school, Soojung. You won't mess me! I won't let you tainted my reputation at school!" I warned her while I was holding her left leg.

"Yah! Unnie!!!!!! Aaarrgh.." Soojung screamed and struggle to realese herself from me. "Alright, alright, alright, I'm up!!!!" She totally looked sullen. "Geez! You're so mean!"

Soojung drag herself up to the bathroom. Leaving me alone. I took a deep breathe before I finally go downstair to grab my breakfast.

"Is she wake up already?"

"Sure, mom. Don't worry. She won't stand my nags." I giggled.

Mom shaked her head while smiling at my response.

"I can't believe that you're in the third grade already, sooyeon-ah.." mom took a deep breathe. "And seems like yesterday both of you fighting over dolls. Now, you're a big girl. Soojung too. She's about entering a high school." mom can't help herself. Her eyes become teary.

"Oh, come on, mom. Don't be so sentimentil." I grab her hand. Smiling.

"Well, time goes by. Honey, we can't help it." dad come with her briefcase. Smiling and kissing mom's cheek.

"Eww, would you two please?" I comment. "I feel like I'm a thirdwheel here." I sulked.

Both my parents laugh at me. I lied if I say I hate these two being a lovey-dovey. Well, I just envy them. I hope Yuri will be as sweet as dad toward me. But who am I kidding? Yuri is a handsome bad . He's a player, I know. But I can't help myself. I really can't resist his charm.

"Jessica baby, you're spacing out!" dad tried to pull me out before I drown myself too deep thinking about my boyfriend. "Jess, seriously.. you need to stop yourself from spacing out. It's annoying each time I try to talk you, but you don't listen."

"I'm sorry, dad" I apologized and also feel so embarassed. "I was just,"

TIIN, TIIN!!!

Craps! It's Yuri's car. Oh, I'm so going to kill him and his attitude. Dad never really like my boyfriend. Mom never say anything, but I supposed she is as same as dad.

"And for the last one year, I still haven't change my mind, Jess." I tried to anticipated my dad's words. "I don't like him."

"Sorry, dad. But I gotta go." I hurriedly up and gave kisses to them.

 

Yuri POV

"What took you so long, baby?" I complain as soon as my girlfriend closed the car door. "I can grow beard by the time I'm waiting for you." I my car engine. 

"Don't start with me, Yuri! It's all because of you!" she yelled.

Geez, if only she's not being so y, this relationship won't last this long. Seriously, this girlfriend of mine can be really so sassy. But, I decided to not give up easily this time.

"Me? Why me?!" I yelled back.

OK, now I can feel the temperature arround drop suddenly. I can feel that she glared at me with those piercing cold eyes.

"Dad never like you, Yuri! He never like your attitude. How many times should I tell you? Never honked your car in front of my house!! In case you didn't know, there's a smartphone nowadays, Yuri! You can at least text or call me instead calling me out like that!"

Well, I hate it so much when she's being like this. Nagging. 

"So what?! I hate it, Sica. You know that, right?! Never lecture me about when I should use my smartphone!! I'm not a stupid person!" I bark. "and your old man don't like me?! Well, I'm gonna tell you this, I don't like him either!!"

"I hate you, Yuri!" she shouted.

"That's enough!!" I pressed my car brake hard. I can see from the corner of my eyes, my girlfriend was about to jump from the seat if only she didn't wear the seatbelt. 

"Oh, my God!Yuri are you crazy?!"

I restrained myself to not look at her. This girlfriend of mine seriously need her lesson to learn. 

"Get out of my car." I said in cold monotone way.

"W-what??"

"You hate me, right? So get out!"

 

Jessica POV 

I can't believe what I just heard. He kicked me out from his car! Oh, my God. I should listen to my parents. He's not worth it. I didn't wait any longer. I jumped out from his car.

"Yah,you're gonna pay for this, Kwon Yuri!" I shouted when his car start to leave. "Oh my god! I can't believe this!" I facepalmed myself. 

I need to deal with this anger. I can feel my eyes start to teary. Gosh, where the hell he leave me?! I began panicked. "Yah, Kwon Yuri I hate you so much!!" I screamed inside my head.

Suddenly there's a motorcycle stop in front of me. I started to panicked and frightened. I hope it's not a bad guy. I took a step back and alert. That guy in that motorcycle were wearing all black attire.

"Hi, there," He said while trying to open his full face helmet. "SM high school? You, hmm. "

I solemnly swear that the way this guy's talk was weird. His Korean language were so awful.

"Gosh, this is gonna be tough!" He said in English.

Well, now I Can see his face clearly. I guess he's not a bad guy judging from the look. He's pretty handsome actually, but not so handsome. "oh gosh,  are checking out this guy, Sica?!" I scolded myself. It's not the right time. "You just had a war with your soon gonna be ex boyfriend. That bad Kwon Yuri! Let's deal with that jerk first!" I took a deep breath. 

"So? You understand?" this not-so-handsome-guy tried to wake me up from my trance. 

"What did you say?"

I still answered him in Korean, not that I can't speak English. I'm pretty good actually. But, I don't know, I'm just feel a little ease seeing this guy trouble with his Korean language. I can see how stress this not-so-handsome-guy. But, then he opened his leather black jacket. He pointed his left chest, a school logo. SM high school logo.​​

"Ok, I got it." I finally said in English. "Just give me a ride and I'll show you the way." I didn't wait until he agree. I started to jump at the back of him.

I can't help myself anymore. This not-so-handsome-guy face was totally dumbfounded. I let out a soft giggled. 

"Yah! Come on. You don't want to be late at your first day school, right?!" I tapped his shoulder. 

"Oh, alright." He then put on his helmet.

Well, thanks to you not-so-handsome-guy. You came at the right time. You saved me. At that time, I was never knew, that it was just only the beginning.