Chapter 3

Time Goes By

Aiden POV

I was so exhausted on my first day at Korean school. I barely interacted with my fellow classmates because of the language barrier. Well, I've been living in LA for my whole life then everything turned upside down when my parents decided to moved here in a sudden. You can say it as a business' call. Dad wanted to expand his business here. Everything here in Korea seems promising. 

It's not that I hate for being here. But, the Korean language wasn't my first language even my mom's Korean. But, hey I'm American. I speak English even with my parents. I didn't even know how the hangul word works. I fell so uncomfortable. Gezz, may God helps me to through my high school years ahead. 

"you're spacing out again, AJ."

I gave Yul my very talkative cousin a dead glare. I still mad at him for leaving without any direction to go to this school. Oh, and because of him, I met a gorgeous girl that introduced herself as Jessica Jung. She's hot but she's somewhat got a cold aura. That Jessica girl had a sassy vibes too. I could sense it when how bossy she ordered me to hurry up that morning. 

"Go find your own table, Yul. I wanted to be alone." I pushed back the seat in front of me that Yul just pulled with my right foot. 

"Gezz, relax!" he scoffed. "are you on period or something? Man, seriously for how long you gonna stay mad at me?"

I didn't bother to answered him anymore. I started to chewed my meal. I guess he understood because finally he walked back to find another empty table. I ate my lunch peacefully before someone pulled the seat in front of me once again.

"Hi, do you mind if I sit here?" 

I was about to say no, but it's her. She smiled sweetly. In the end I just nodded bluntly. I began to eat my meal again.

"So, how's your first day here?" she broke the silence and started to chew her meal.

"awful" I scoffed. "I mostly didn't understand what the teachers said. It's stressful." 

"Don't bother. Even us who's using Korean language for our whole life often didn't understand what our teachers said."

Gosh, I knew it that I was right. This Jessica girl really got that sassy vibes beside her y charm. I laughed hard for what she said. Well, she had a point. She began laugh along with me.

"you got a point, Jess." Oops, I forgot to used a honorific instead I addressed her by name. "I'm sorry I hope you're not mad."

Her eyebrows were both up. She didn't get it why I suddenly apologized. 

"should I call you noona?" she responded with a shook.

"Don't bother about it. I prefer you to call me by name. I like American style."  she said. 

"speaking about American style. You're English is awesome. Your accent is just perfectly like you're a native speaker." I compliment.

"Well, I'm American." 

"really?! So that's explain everything now." 

We had a fun chatted for like a half hour. She then excuse herself to go back to her class after finished her lunch. I was about to stand up when Yul grabbed my shoulder and pushed me back to my seat.

"Hey, what the hell?!" I shouted. 

 

Jessica POV

I hide my smile behind my back. I could hear everyone was making fuss. I guess some of my fan boys started to surround this poor Aiden boy. I knew I shouldn't use Aiden, someone that I just met, to distract my mood swings. Well, I still didn't get over for what happened this morning. What Yuri did to me was too much.

I even avoided my best friends during this break lunch. I didn't want to be questioned. I already made such a big scene this morning by coming at school with a first year boy instead with my boyfriend. Lucky, because I guess Aiden didn't affect or he's just being too stupid to understand. 

I mean it's me that we're talking about. I didn't want to brag, but it's me. Jessica Jung. I was one of the school goddess. I got a lot fan boys and girls too. I didn't want to exaggerated but so many students said that I was the number one goddess in this school. 

"So can you please explain what's just happened, Sica?" Tiffany crossed her hands. She was standing next to my class front door.

I only scoffed. Tiffany is one of my best friend. She's one of the school goddess too. She knows the bitter sweet of my life, especially when I started dating with Yuri. She was the one who against it, but for being too nice she is, she then supported me for whatever things that make me happy. 

"I knew it! He's not worth it, Sica!" she exploded as soon as I finished my story.

We were at school garden where there were only few students. I sat on a bench while Tiffany walked back and forth. 

"and that Yuri boy don't try to make any contact with you ever since this morning?" 

I shooked my head. I was on the verge of tears. I hate myself for being this fragile. I should mad, not to cry. People addressed me as the ice princess, but I guess my heart wasn't that ice cold. I still got the heart that can bleed if people that I love hurt me.

"Fany, what should I do?"  tears started to escape from my both eyes. 

Tiffany took a deep breath before she sat next to me. Hugging me and comfort me.

"you deserve someone better, Sica. You're a nice girl after all. Just don't waste your time by standing with someone who don't know how to treat you right."