Chapter 4

Time Goes By

Yuri POV

"Dude, are you nuts?! You just dump Jessica Jung out of your car this morning. It's that Jessica that we're talking about. You're the man, Yuri, and you expect her to call you first?! Come on!" Taengo being exaggerated. 

"she need to learn her lesson, Taengo." 

We're in our school gym. We just finished playing basketball during our break lunch. 

"so I guess you still didn't heard anything, hyung." Minho shot the ball to the ring. He made a three points shot smoothly. He was the current our basketball club captain. He smiled and looked satisfied with his ability. He then shifted his gaze to me. "I guess you're not, hyung." he continued then sat next to me and Taengo. 

"What do you mean, Minho?" I asked. 

"I heard that this morning Jessica noona came to school with a first year student boy, hyung. It's a quite scene, you know, hyung," Minho trailed whether to continue his story or not. "umm, and i just witnessed it myself that Jessica noona was having lunch with him too."

"See, it's the Jessica Jung we're talking about, dude. The school goddess!" Taengo stated. "once you let her go, other boys would gladly court her! People line up for her, Yuri!" 

I grabbed Taengo's collar, "Yeah, included you!" I said sarcastically. 

I fell a strong pushed through my chess. Taengo just pushed me hard. 

"you need to behave yourself, Yuri!" Taengo shouted.

He stood up and took a few steps back. It triggered me. I needed to throw my tantrum. What minho said about Jessica made me angrier than before. I quickly stood up too ready for a fight, but Minho just came in the middle ready to separate us.

"relax, hyung!" Minho grabbed my arms. "You two please don't fight. We're in school."

Minho turned pale. I was about to punch Taengo but Minho swiftly avoid that and hold my arms tighter. 

"let me go, Minho!!"

Taengo just stood there and being alert. I guessed he just didn't want to pick a fight with me. This guy is always think not to act. I knew that he had a long-term crush with Jessica, but he's too coward.

"just because you're smart, you're think that I'm stupid, Taeng?!" I stated. "Don't play dumb, you midget! I knew you got the hots for my girlfriend for so long. You're just being too coward!!" I could feel Minho's grabbed was tightened around my arms. 

"I'm not a coward you, jackass!!" suddenly Taengo grabbed my collar. Our faces was just inches away.

"Yah, hyung! Please, stop you both!" Minho was trapped in the middle. 

"Look Yuri. I don't want to pick a fight with you. But you need to listen what I'm about to say." Taengo finally stated after a few moments we had a stare battle. "I'm not coward, I decided not to chase her because I know you like her. We're friends and I don't want to risk our friendship for a girl. But, it seems you don't know how to appreciate something." he then took off his hands from my collar. "I'm out of here." he finally took steps out from our school gym building. 

"get off me, Minho." I barked as soon as Taengo out of my sight. 

"Sorry, hyung." Minho took few steps away from me. 

"I need you to find who's that boy, Minho." I glared at Minho. "find out his name and what class he's in." 

 

Taeng POV 

I wouldn't stand back anymore. What Yuri just said was crossing the line. He never knew how to appreciate something. Yuri always being the selfish one. He blamed everything but himself and I had enough of it. I wouldn't befriend with him anymore. 

I took big steps to go back to my class. The break lunch was about to stop. I thanked God because I was put in a different class with Yuri this year. Well, I think it's a meant to be. I happened to put in a same class with Jessica Jung. Yuri said I was being too coward, I would proof him wrong. 

I entered the class and I saw Jessica was already there. She was sitting with Tiffany, her bestie. Her eyes were puffy and red. Our eyes met, I smiled but she quickly shifted her gaze. I guessed she didn't want to look weak, especially in front of his boyfriend's friend.

"What Yuri did to you was crossing the line, Sica." I decided not to hold anything anymore. I walked near her and sat in front of her. She needed to know that I stood beside her.

"that guy never know how to appreciate. I'm not befriend with him anymore. Well, I know it wouldn't matter to you, but I'll stand by you, Sica." I spilled in a very serious way.

Jessica didn't react. She just stared at me blankly. I guessed she was just too surprised with my sudden action. I shifted my gaze to Tiffany who looked as blank as her friend. I smiled at her before stood up and back to my seat.

 

Tiffany POV 

I smiled back at him after I registered what he just said to Jessica. I always knew he had a thing with my bestie. I guessed finally he already made up his mind this time. I shifted my gaze to Jessica. 

"Jess," I hold her hand. "I guessed something big is going on between Yuri and Taengo." I whispered. 

Jessica only nodded. 

"and I guess Taeng finally made up his mind." 

"stop it, Fanny-ah."

Jessica knew where this conversation was heading to. She always declined whenever I said to her that Taengo got crush on her. She only responded that Taengo was just being too friendly towards her. I didn't know whether it's Jessica was in denial or she was just being blunt. 

I could see it in Taengo's eyes. There was a longing each time he saw Jessica. Us three were classmates in our first year class. We were separated in our second year class that when Jessica was put in the same class as Yuri. I've been watching Taengo since our first year class. I somehow could connect his feelings. Taengo was being too nice, I knew he decided to stood back when Yuri started to court Jessica. 

I always admired Taengo's behavior. He put his friends first before him. Pity, he sacrificed his feelings to a friend who didn't know how to thankful. But I guessed he wouldn't make the same mistake anymore. By thinking like that, somehow made my heart felt uneasy. I didn't know what's happening to me.