Chapter 8

Time Goes By

Solar POV 

I couldn't stop crying ever since I met Eric yesterday. I couldn't believe it. How could he did such a horrible thing to me. I never did anything wrong to him. Never once neither I offended him nor his friends. "is it against the rules for being ugly or fat?" I bite my lower lip and buried my face on my pillow. 

"Solar, let's break up." Eric said. 

"W-what? W-why?"

"I can't stand this anymore. I'm sorry, Solar. I supposed to not agree when they asked me to," Eric bite his lower lip.

"They?" oh my god, please tell me that it's not like what I'm thinking. 

"they asked to approach you. If I can make you fall in love with me, they," Eric stopped because he saw tears started to flow in my eyes.

I knew who's Eric referring to. They were Eric friends. That guys who never like ugly girls like me. I thought Eric was different. I was wrong.

"Yongsun," I felt someone touch my head. "until when you will mourn that bad guy Eric, honey?" I lifted my head and found a sincere smile.

"mommy," I hugged my mom tight. I started to cry on her shoulder. "why am I born like this?"

"ssttt.." my mom hugged me tighter. "honey, there would be someone who will love you because you have a good heart." she encouraged. 

I just nodded in response. I appreciated her although I didn't one hundred percent sure there would be someone like that.

 

Yul POV 

I looked around the living room. It wasn't big but pretty cozy. Then I caught some interesting pictures. I smiled unconsciously. It was a picture of a chubby little girl who was smiling cutely. 

"what are you doing?" 

I turned around. I paused for a moment. I hate to say this but this girl who's standing next to me looked so horrible. Her hair was a mess, her eyes were puffy and there were black circle around it. She definitely looked like a panda.

I scolded myself then. Well, we have no rights to insult people just because they didn't care about their appearance, right?! 

"Well," I fake a cough. I hide my hands in my pocket. "sorry for disturbing you, Solar. But, it's about the school paper. I hope you don't mind."  I shrugged my shoulder. 

Solar just stood there. Looking at me weirdly. I flashed a smile. A nervous smiled. I felt like I've been busted for doing crime. . I didn't why I felt like that in front of this girl. Well, was that because what Sunny Ssi told me earlier? I felt pity toward this girl. 

"please, have a seat then." Solar finally stated awkwardly. She then sat in front of me. "I'm sorry for making you have to come here. You could have just called me."

"oh, don't bother. It's okay." I finally able to flash my famous smiled. "so, let me explain." I continued while took out some papers from my bag that Krystal prepared for us. 

I explained everything that I could remember. I kept stealing glance at her. I found her expressions were funny. She actually has pretty eyes behind that thick glasses. This girl seriously needed help to take care her appearance. 

"I think I get it, Yul Ssi. Thanks for explaining it to me." Solar shifted her gaze from the paper.

I fake a cough because her stares caught me off guard. I nodded abruptly. 

"Well, then I think I should go now." I said while stuffing my bag.

"Aigoo, uri Yongsun chingu, where are you going? Let's have dinner first." I turned my back and I thought my eyes were about to pop out when i heard Solar said, "mommy." 

I felt like I was frozen. How could it possible? Solar's mom was so pretty. So graceful. And. Slim. Well, I wasn't intent to say that Solar was not pretty or she was fat, but what the hell?! How could she let her daughter dressed up and gained weight like her opposite. I facepalmed myself.

 

​​​​​Solar POV 

I was one hundred percent sure that Yul was in a awestruck. Well, unlike me, my mom has a slim body and she's so pretty. Sometimes I wondered whether I was her real daughter or not. The gap was too wide open. My mom scolded me each time I asked her such questions. 

"who's your friend's name, darling?" mom whispered because she got no response from Yul. 

"let's have dinner, Yul Ssi." I stated as I tapped his arm to get his attention. "you seemed spacing out because my mom's so dashing." I continued bitterly. 

"oh, I'm sorry Solar Ssi." he suddenly bowed. "auntie, I apologize for being inappropriate." he once again bowed and his both ears were all red.

My mom and I were exchanging stares before finally she laughed. She laughed so hard until her eyes were teary. 

"Aigoo, such a funny boy you are, Yul Ssi. Please, have a dinner before you leave." 

Yul once again bowed deeply to my mom. I found him so funny. He's surely unlike the typical rich guys. I meant he had everything. He's tall, handsome and rich ofcourse. Well, he had all the rights to be cocky. But yet he even bothered to visit and inform me about the school project. 

Suddenly the situation became an awkward silence as soon as my mom went back leaving us. I could saw how Yul scratched his head. 

"Solar Ssi I hope you won't misunderstood about earlier." 

I shook in while giving him my sincere smile. 

"please, have a dinner first before you leave." I lifted up my head to see his eyes. "if you don't mind ofcourse." i quickly shifted my gaze.