Chapter 6

Time Goes By

Solar POV

My first day at school went well. I met nice friends like Yul and Aiden. There were also Luna, Hwasa and Whee In. All of them were born with the golden spoon in their mouths. But unlike commonly the rich people who looked down to someone like me. They're respect me and treat me equally. I was so glad to have friends like them.

Ah, there's other thing that makes me happy, no one in my class made fun of me. I used to get bullied in my previous school. Well, blame to this thick glasses and my fat body. I looked like a horrible nerd. Lucky, I met Eric. He was my classmate in the third grade of my junior school. He loved me for the way I am. For being fat. For worse. For being a nerd too. Well, you could say my appearance was socially unacceptable. So unpleasant. 

"on a regular date, Solar Ssi?" Sunny Unnie greeted me. Sunny unnie is the owner of this cozy little café. I nodded happily. "have a seat then." she continued. 

I sat on my usual spot. I took out my phone from my bag. I found it weird because Eric didn't reply my messages since this morning. I guessed he was too busy with his new school stuffs.

"here the regular hot chocolate with marshmallows for my lovely regular customer." Sunny unnie smiled brightly. I couldn't help but grinned. "I love you, unnie." I stated. 

"how's your first day at SM high school? Wow, I like your new uniform by the way." Sunny unnie then sat in front me. "so, are all the rich guys in there hot?"

I felt my cheek burned. I unconsciously thought about my new friend. Yul. I was thinking about the way he smiled and winked. Omo. "unnie, don't ask such a question!" I whined. My face was all tomato red.

Sunny unnie laughed at me. There she goes again. She loved to tease me. By tease I meant in a positive way. We then started a light conversation until my boyfriend Eric appeared. Sunny unnie then excused herself to go back to the counter. 

"Eric, what's going on?" I felt nervous when I looked at my boyfriend's face. He looked under pressure. "is there something wrong with the new school?"

I started to feel worry when Eric just let out a heavy sighed. We had like forever long paused before finally Eric looked straight into my eyes. I waited in anxiety. I hope my boyfriend was doing alright in his first day of high school. 

"Solar," he paused again. "let's break up." I felt like something squeezing my heart until it torn apart. 

 

Yul POV 

I decided to stroll around the city after school. I was still wondering who's looking for my cousin earlier. Pity Aiden didn't let me to accompany him. I guessed he haven't let go about what happened in that morning. So he refused any helps that I offered to him.

I was flashing my bright smile each time I met girls in high school uniform. I couldn't help myself. I like to see their reaction each time they saw me. Well, I'm pretty handsome. A lot handsome if I compared myself with my llama face cousin Aiden. 

I was about to pass a café when I saw someone familiar who sat near the window. It's Solar my new classmate. I was about to greet her but she's with someone. As I walked near to the café, someone who's with Solar was already left. So I decided to enter the café since I've got nothing to do.

"welcome to sunny café." someone at the counter greeted me.

I looked around to see where Solar sat. I smiled when I found her. I was about to walk near her when I realized something weird in her.

"hey, Miss Kim." I stated as I sat in front of her. But Solar didn't react. She just stared at me blankly. I wave my hand to get her attention. "hey, Solar are you ok?" I began worry because she didn't react. So I decided to shaked her shoulder. 

Solar looked shock. I thought i just woke her up from her trance. Suddenly I saw tears started to form in her eyes. I could see it clearly even she wore a thick glasses. 

"hey, what happened?" I concerned. I took out my handkerchief from my coat. "here. Take this." I softly said.

Solar finally took my handkerchief. She then closed her face with it. Alright, I looked around and some people stared at us. I could say that they thought I was the bad guy here. I gulped. I stood up and sat next to her. Solar still cried hard.

"Hey, calm down. Tell me what happened?" I finally stated. I tapped her shoulder. Solar was just shook her head.

"I knew it! Solar, I always knew that Eric is a bad guy!"

I turned around. I saw a girl standing next to us. I guessed she was the employee of the café. She was wearing an apron.

"unnie," Solar cried.

"I'm sorry Solar..." she sighed. "such a bad guy!"

"unnie, stop." Solar finally showed her already red and puffy eyes.

The girls were exchanging stares for a moment. Solar then glanced at me. I was trapped between this two young ladies. 

"umm, well, I think I should leave now." I finally stated awkwardly. I stood up and bowed to them both.

I took a very deep breath after I was out from that café. "wow, that was really something!" I said to myself. I then started to walk away. 

"oh, you're homed." Aiden said when we accidentally bumped each other in the living room. 

"alright, what did I miss?" I questioned him when I found out there were bruised in his corner lips. 

Aiden laughed cynically. I raised my eyebrows. I sat at the couch waiting his explanation. 

"it's a quite long story." he started. 

 

Author POV 

On the next day. Yul found out that Solar didn't attend to school. He wondered if it was connected with what happened yesterday. He began curious why Solar cried that hard. He just couldn't forget Solar's sad eyes. Yul unconsciously kept thinking about his new classmate for the rest of the day.

Meanwhile, someone who was accidentally witnessing for what happened in the gym building has reported it to the headmaster. Aiden summoned to be questioned by the headmaster. Jessica, Yuri and Minho were also there to be questioned. Fighting in SM high school is strictly forbidden. So, for what happened yesterday was a serious violation. In the end, only the two of them had to attend the school detention for a month.