Chapter 2

Time Goes By

Yul POV

"Yo, AJ! Hey man!"

I rushed myself to catch this dude. Man, I guess he really pissed this time. Well, it's not my fault. He overslept and i tried my best to wake his up.

"Shut up, Yul!" he barked. "You don't understand how this language barrier really struggle me." 

There he goes. AJ Liu is my cousin from my mom's line. That's why we had different last name. Hey, I'm Moon Yul by the way. My cousin is a half Korean. His dad is Taiwanese. Anyway he was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. His whole family just moved back here due to his dad's company expansion. 

"Wow, relax! Dude, seriously it was totally not my fault." I tried to catch up with him. "Come on, cous. Well, you should see from another point of view, man" I smirked. 

"What do you mean, dude?!" he looked questioned. Suddenly it hit him, "God! Seriously. You seriously need a doctor yourself, cousin." he laughed then started to walk again. 

"What? Hey, she's hot! That noona," I walked as I grabbed his neck. "she's the former school president, I heard. She's the number one queen in this school. Better known as the ice princess." I spilled all the information I got.

"The ice, what?" he repeated. I can see his eyebrows twitched. My grin grew larger. "I knew it! Just admit it dude, that noona is hot!"

"Ok, she's hot. So, what?" he then walked a head of me. "Come on, Yul. We need to find our class before we're late." 

I took a deep breath. Disappointed of his reaction. "Man, sometimes I'm asking myself, are you straight or gay? Just can't help it. Ouch!" AJ smacked my head. 

"I'm normal for God's sake! But I think it's you who need a brainwashed to erase that dirty mind." 

"Yeah, right." I mocked. 

 

Solar POV 

I was taking my deep breath. That day was my first day at high school. I was overwhelmed with gratitude. My family was an average family who wouldn't afford to pay the school fee. Well. Thanks to this genius brain of mine. I passed the scholarship program. 

"Ouch!" I dropped my bag. Someone just hit me hard. I fell on my knee.

"Sorry," he keep apologized as soon as he picked up my bag. "are you alright?" 

I fixed my thick glasses before answer him that I'm alright. He offered to hold my heavy bag since I struggled a lot to get up. Well, I wouldn't totally blame him for that accident. Normally I walked slowly because of this fat body of mine.

"Let me help you." He offered his hand but he turned pale as he fell the weight on his not so muscle hand.

"Sorry," I exchange the sorry vow.

"Oh, no. I'm sorry. This is my fault. You don't have to apologize."  he smiled genuinely. The later, I know that he's happened to be my classmate. He was friendly and very talkative. 

"Hey, now what, Yul?!" someone from a distant calling out. He was calling out right in front of my soon to be class. "What did you to her, Yul?" that handsome guy looked suspicious as soon as we reached the front class. That handsome guy then talked with Yul in English. He then glance at me, smile a bit then bow before entered the class with Yul. I barely could walk. I walked slowly because my knee was swollen. 

"Yah, Miss Kim. Over here." Yul just place my bag beside his. "Come on, sit here beside me." he grinned.

I found him cute. Really cute to be honest. "Oh, gosh!" I scolded myself. I needed to remind myself that I've got my own lovely boyfriend. Eric. I have to loyal with my boyfriend even if we're not at the same school anymore. 

"Hey," Yul just snapped his fingers in front of me. "am I hurting your knee that bad?" he looked concerned. 

I shooked my head immediately. He looked relieve then grabbed my arm.

"Come on, sit down then. The class is about to start." he said.

Well, my first day at high school was doing just fine. I thank God because I met with a friendly classmate like Yul. Because to be honest, I was afraid I would get bullied. First because I was far from the good appearance kinda girl, second I came from an average family. My heart was flutter. I started to trust this school reputation. 

"What?" Yul asked when he knew I smiled. 

"Nothing. I think I'm gonna love this school." I replied and my smile grew became a grin.

He laughed while he's looking at me. "Well, I guess me too." He winked.