ITD-Jungkook #2

In The Diary

Jungkook #2


 


04 March

 

I should have known that today would be a weird day.

 

A few days ago, Chaeyoung approached me when she saw me got into our class.

 

I should have run away from her at that moment.

 

“Hiiiii Kookie, are you free this Saturday noon?”

 

I should have said that I’m not, even if I was. But seriously, I was not supposed to be free today. I had to turn down my other meetings just for her. I mean, it’s once in a blue moon to have Chaeng asked you out so I didn’t really want to miss this kind of opportunity.

 

And that’s how I ended up agreeing to have a Maths study session with Chaeng. It kinds of excited me at first because I can show her something that I’m better than her at last. Maths is her kind of torture and that’s what I’m best at. I didn’t mean about torturing her, though, what I’m talking about is Maths.

 

We took a bus to the town together. Chaeyoung had chosen this café that is located in the calmer part of the town. I really liked how cosy and quiet the place is. It makes people feel comfortable to be there and is definitely a good place to study. I was very satisfied with the place so I decided to treat Chaeng as a thank you for bringing me to such a nice place. The foods and drinks there were surprisingly good too. It was definitely a good place; we should go there again sometimes later.

 

“So, what did you want to study today?”

I asked Chaeng.

 

“Calculus, it’s like hell! But I really have no choice,”

She pouted. Cutely.

 

“Tch,” I smirked, “Calculus? It’s just…” I lifted a piece of cake that we ordered earlier and shoved a spoonful into my mouth. It sounded corny but it worked.

 

What I've done made her rolled her eyes and said, “I know I know, Maths Genius! That is why I asked for your help, I don’t feel like to screw up another test again!”

 

I laughed at her complaint and decided to stop teasing her… maybe for a while. What I can say is, Chaeyoung was really not interested in this subject. She took like more than 10 minutes to declare that she failed to solve a simple question that I can solve in less than 3 minutes. After I showed her the ways to solve it, she will understand, but then she would have forgotten it all when she proceeded to the next questions. She almost wanted to stop for a few times but she didn’t because I would never let her to.

 

However, I noticed how she was glancing at the door every time she heard the sounds of it opened during her brainstorming sessions. I was wondering whether if she was distracted that easily or that she was waiting for someone to come?

 

“Is there anything at the door?”

I asked her.

 

“Nothing!”

She continued to bow her head and face her book.

 

Weird. 

 

Not long after that,

 

“Finally! I solved it! Let’s check the answer… wrong again?” She put her head on the table and gestured a “five” with her hands saying that she wanted to take a break. Once again, she looked up when she heard that the door was opened. Her face just turned from the frown that was from the time she was doing Maths to the smiley face right now.

 

Then I realised she was indeed waiting for someone.

 

I tilted my head to see who had come. To my surprise, I saw someone who I didn’t think I’d see. I blinked a few times to make sure that I wasn’t wrong. A guy was walking to our directions and I heard Chaeng greeted him:

 

“Hi, Jimin oppa!”

 

Oh, it was really him.

 

What? Jimin hyung come to meet Chaeyoung? Is this for real?

 

That was so weird. 

 

“Hi, Chaeyoung and oh, Kookie… didn’t expect to see you here. No wonder you cancelled our hang out time hahaha.”

 

“What?”

Chaeyoung asked curiously while eyeing me.

 

“Umm, I sort of cancelled our meeting for you…”

 

This was especially awkward when Jimin hyung was just standing right there.

 

“Aww, Kookie! That’s so sweet of you!”

 

Is it just me or I can see that Chaeng’s eyes were shining. That just gave me goosebump.

 

“By the way, I invited Jimin oppa here because he said that someone just cancelled his meeting, I didn’t know it was you hahaha, you won’t mind right?”

 

I don’t know which one is more surprising now: Jimin hyung appearing suddenly or that Chaeyoung knows him, and they seem… pretty close to me. I guess that’s why Jimin hyung was so worried when she fainted that time.

 

He chose the seat beside her even though there was one beside me. Weird.

 

“You guys know each other?” I asked out of my curiosity.

 

“Well, we actually had known each other for a long time,” he said.

 

“He’s senior in the school and oh, we attended the same drawing class too.” She continued.

 

Wow, they were finishing each other sentences now. But what Chaeyoung said had explained how they know each other.

 

“I see. The world can be a small place huh.”

 

“This is my first time here, any suggestion for what to order?”

Jimin hyung asked.

 

“OMG, you really need to try the strawberry milkshake!” Chaeng replied him excitedly.

 

“It is really nice, want to try –” I was about to offer him mine because Chae and I had the same drinks.

 

Before I even got to finish my words, Jimin hyung reached for Chaeng’s drink and took a sip. Normally, Chaeng would have the look that can kill if somebody ever took her foods or drinks without her permission. Yes, I’m now talking through my experiences.

 

Furthermore, it was Jimin hyung who took it! Knowing her, she would’ve acclaimed her drinks immediately if he took it. Chaeyoung is just not used to share her drinks with other people especially with someone who she isn’t familiar with.

 

But Chaeng showed no expression.

 

NOTHING.

 

I mean there was, but it’s definitely not mad.

 

She was surprised and her face turned shy. Now that’s really weird.

 

“Oppa, that’s mine!”

 

“It’s good. I just grabbed any of them because it looks the same. I didn’t know it was yours, sorry.”

 

“Wow hyung, I can’t believe you actually did that! Especially when it’s her drinks,” I said, totally feeling amazed that Jimin hyung was still sitting properly.

 

“YAH KOOKIE! WHAT’S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?” She raised her voice and slapped my arm for a few times. When she realised what she had been doing, she quickly took away her hand and lowered her head like she was feeling embarrassed.

 

“It’s fine oppa.” She replied shyly.

 

What was happening? Is that even Chaeyoung?

 

For the rest of the study session, Chaeng was helped a lot by Jimin hyung. Although she did finish her questions really fast, but I doubt that she can remember anything with all those laughs and teasing. I was the one who came with Chaeng first but I felt like I was left out. Weird right? Even when I was talking to Jimin hyung about some topic that is not related to her, she would ask him what’s it about and laugh even though it’s not that funny.

 

The cake suddenly tasted bitter and the milkshake was sour.

 

Weird.

 

I don’t think I’ll go to that café again anytime soon.

Mood: Weird x1000    

 

 


I've decided to extend the time for the suggestions of Jungkook's love interest, so if you still want to suggest do comment down below!

Thank you for all your suggestions! ^^