ITD-Jungkook #3

In The Diary

Jungkook #3


 


08 April

 

It is finally spring. Pretty flowers are blossoming everywhere, making the street that was once dull become colourful again.

 

I'm actually not a spring person, as I'm more into summer. However, doesn't it feels good to run around the park, watching the newly budding flower with your plus one by your side? ...Maybe not because I am still single. Can't really relate, though. The point is, I think it is beautiful to have a relationship in such a beautiful season.

 

As I had nothing to do today, I had accepted Chaeng's invite to have a picnic in the garden. It has been ages since we had done something like this since we were so busy with our school life. When we were child, we had joined each other's family picnic and it was so much fun. That is why I'm excited about the picnic. She will bring the foods and drinks so I will bring other things instead.

 

At first, I thought this was going to be only both of us but Chaeng mentioned that she would bring an extra friend so I get to invite one of mine too. I have no choice but to choose Jimin hyung because he is the only one Chaeng isn't awkward with. If I were to bring Taehyung, Chaeng will be shocked by his weird and over-friendly behaviour, and it will be worse if Lisa happened to be there as well.

 

Jimin and I went to the park at 10 a.m. to set up for our picnic location. After we finished our job, Chaeyoung just arrived with her friend. Surprisingly, her friend that had come was not the person I expected to be. It was not Lisa, or any other girls from her cheerleader squad.

 

“Who is the girl beside Chaeyoung?” Jimin whispered to my ear.

 

I was about to answer him when Chaeyoung greeted us first.

 

“Hello Koookie, Hello Jimin oppa! Glad that you two made it! Nice set up by the way,” She sounded really excited, just like how she was every time we had our picnic. Some things just won’t change.

 

I answered her a “Hi” shortly and glanced at her friend.

 

“Hi Chaeyoung, thanks for telling Jungkook to invite me, and… who is your friend over here?” Jimin asked as he didn’t know who the girl was.

 

Ahh, he would not have known because he is not in the same class with us.

 

“Oh, how silly am I to forget about introducing my friend! She is my childhood friend that just moved back here recently, and oh she is from Busan, like you too! Her name is Lee Jieun and she is in the same class with Kookie and me. Jieun, this is Park Jimin, our senior in the school.” She said excitedly.

 

I don’t even know how did Chaeng know that Jimin is from Busan as my minds were occupied with other things at that moment.

 

“I see, it’s nice to meet you Jieun, you can call me oppa like Chaeyoung,” Jimin said shyly.

 

“Oh, he is the one that you always m—” Chaeyoung shut Jieun’s mouth before she got to finish her words.

 

“Kookie ah, have you greeted Jieun yet? Chaeng said which made me snap back to reality. I don’t know if it was just me but she was smirking.

 

“Hi Jieun, didn’t expect you to be here,” I said to her.

 

“Hi Kookie, Chaeyoung invited me to have a picnic and she didn’t tell me that you will be here as well. You would not mind, right?” I could hear awkwardness all over her voice.

 

“Of course he would not mind! The more the merrier, am I right Kookie?” Chaeng said before me.

 

“Sure,”

 

“I know I am always right,”

 

Chaeng had prepared so much, literally SO MUCH food for the picnic. She told us that her mum was more dedicated than her for this picnic, saying that it was such a nice activity and should be done more often. She made all of those foods for us and we enjoyed them so much.

 

“The foods are all so delicious!” Jimin praised.

 

“I am so full,” I said as I hold my tummy.

 

“Please express my thanks to Auntie Park for making such nice food for us! We really enjoyed them a lot.” Jieun smiled.

 

“I know I know! I will tell her that you all like the foods she made. She will be pretty happy to hear it!” Chaeng assured all of us.

 

We continued our picnic time with some games. When we were playing, Chaeng and I were so into our own world that we had so much fun, while the other two seem to be left out. I tried my best to include them in the game and joked about something that will make everyone laugh.

 

We decided to take a rest from all the games we have been playing. Chaeng and I lied down and looked around the garden. The cherry blossoms just flowered and it was a really nice sight to see with all those pink and white flowers all over the place.

 

“Jimin oppa! Don’t you think the scenery is beautiful? I just got an idea, let us draw this for our drawing class,” Chaeng suddenly got up from her lying position.

 

“Yeah, the scenery is really beautiful, but how are we going to draw?”

 

“Don’t worry about that! I have brought along my drawing block and drawing kit with me today,” She was holding a bag that probably contained what she mentioned just now.

 

“You bring your drawing stuff to a picnic?” Jimin hyung stated innocently.

 

“Kookie, while we are drawing, why don’t you and Jieun go for a walk? You two will be bored if you just stay here,” Chaeng faced both of us.

 

“I’m fine with that, how about you Jieun?” I asked Jieun.

 

“I think so,” she replied to me shyly.

 

The walk was pretty awkward. We did not talk that much, and even if we do, we did not really have eye contacts with each other. We were more on looking at the view in front of us.

 

“It’s so beautiful,” she said as she looked at a big tree full of flowers.

 

“Umm, do you want me to help you to take pictures?”

 

Awkward.

 

“If you are fine with it…”

 

Still awkward.

 

“Just give me your camera,” I said.

 

She gave me her camera and went nearer to the tree just now. She plucked one of the flowers and said, “Ready?”

 

I gestured her an okay and saw that she was closing her eyes while smelling the flower. For the next pose, she held the flower closer to the camera and smiled directly at me (the camera).

 

I’m not going to lie, but she really looked like a fairy at that moment. My eyes were all on her although I did not forget to press the shuttle of the camera. What can I say is her beauty was glowing while I was looking at her, and the breathtaking views had accentuated it even more.

 

“Jungkook? Jungkook?”

I did not even realise she was calling my name.

 

“Oh sorry, I was distracted by you, I mean the view! V-you, yea…” I hope I was not that obvious.

 

“Do you want me to take pictures of you?”

 

“Sure, but…”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Can you be included in the pictures too?"

 

She chuckled softly and said, “Sure!”

 

And so we took some pictures together. Note to myself, I am going to print the pictures out and put them in my room.

 

We sat on the park bench when we were tired of walking.

“So… how have you been?” I tried to initiate a conversation.

 

“I have been really fine, how about you?” She asked me back.

 

“Yeah, me too…”

 

The awkwardness continues.

 

“Why don’t you ever contact us after you leave?” I asked her.

 

“Well, I figured out that you two might hate me for what I have done to you before, I myself was guilty of my own act too. I have apologised to Chaeyoung, but I never get to do the same with you. I’m sorry Jungkook…” she hung her head low.

 

“What past should just stay in the past. At least you are fine with Chaeyoung now, and you seems like you have changed to a much better person, so I guess it’s alright between both of us.”

 

“You really think so?” she flashed a genuine smile. I can really tell it.

 

I nodded my head.

 

She just said a thank you to me. She then continued looking around, but with a smile this time. In that moment, the atmosphere isn’t filled with awkwardness anymore.

 

It’s more of a calming feeling, like the spring breeze that is not chill but a little bit warm to the face and heart.

 

I guess it’s true that how they said that the spring makes you feel like you are in love.

Mood: Spring has come

 

 


 Hello, fellow readers, it's me.

First of all, I'm sorry that I took long on updating once again.

Here's something I wanted to say:

I have decided to put this story on hiatus.

The main reason will be my upcoming examinations, but to be honest, 

I just lost touch on writing this story.

Now that I'm focusing on my exams, I will have to put all my burden away before coming back with more chapters. 

I would like to thank you all for supporting me, it means really much for me on continue writing more stories. 

 

Till next time!