ITD-Rosekook #1

In The Diary

 Rosé 


 

 

03 January

Hello, my diary! This is my first time in writing a diary, so I don’t really know how should I getting started. When Mrs Lee told us to make writing diary our own habit in the class this morning, I feel like it’s a really good idea and decided to do so. Call me old school or what, but I actually like to preserve memories in more meaningful ways. Moments passed but memories always remain. Seeing how people are keeping their moments now and then, it is easy to find out that the way people do it now make the moments seems worthless than before.

 

I also feel to write a diary because it feels like my “just me" time. What I meant is, I do have best friends, and we did share almost everything between us, but sometimes it’s not selfish to keep something only for yourself, it’s something like leaving some privacy just for yourself. Writing diary is also like having a conversation with myself, to know what I had done throughout the days and reflect upon myself. It definitely will make me understand me better and will change to a better person.

 

That’s too long for an introduction, so I think I should start with what I’ve done today.

 

So, this morning went by usual—By usual it means that I’ve come to the bus stop in time as always, and Jungkook was almost late, as always. Some people really aren’t morning person, but he definitely took it to another level. His appearance was NEVER (not exaggerating) neat at the bus stop every morning. He was either haven’t tucked in his shirts, necktie undone, different length/colours socks or shoes didn’t wear properly. If it wasn’t because of me who helped him literally every day, his fangirls in the school wouldn’t even notice him passing by the school gate while they’re waiting for the ‘handsome’ Jungkook to walk with them.

After reaching the school gate, he dragged me to the stall nearby to buy some quick breakfast, saying that the time is still early. He bought me something to eat because he knew that I’ve had nothing as breakfast since my parents aren’t around for a few days. This is one of the thing, or maybe the only thing that I like about him the most. He actually cares for me and I actually did as well.

 

After having our breakfast, we walked to our class together. Other people had always known about my friendship with Kookie, and they tend to don't mind about it—maybe except for some of his crazy fan girls. We were only apart when we entered our class, as I sit in the first few row with Lisa, and he is sitting back there with his male friends.

 

Today’s class went by as usual, and thankfully I didn’t screw up my Maths test. I guess Maths really isn’t my thing. Just when I’m happy about my result, that bratty Jungkook just had to tease me as he got better marks than mine. He’s really talented in Maths, and he seems like know it well too as he doesn’t really put effort on the subject. Well, he didn’t really put his effort on studies anyway.

 

I think I wrote too much about Kookie, didn’t I?

 

Anyway, let’s go back to my day. I’ll fast forward to the part where Mrs Lee dismissed us and I went to the bus stop to find Kookie. As I was really determined to make a diary and my parents aren’t around, I’ve figured out to go to the bookstore in the town and buy a pretty notebook. I don’t want to go alone, so I asked him to accompany me. He was about to reject me but still, come after I promised him with ice cream. It feels like getting a toy from a kid.

 

It didn’t take me long to choose you my dear diary ☺ I really like the simplicity and the creativity that I can put on you. Sadly, Kookie didn’t really know how to appreciate you. He even mocked me about my taste in choosing you.

 

Ugh, why am I writing about him again?

 

Speaking of, I am actually glad that he chose a notebook to write his own diary, though. In case you don’t know, Kookie isn’t really a good student in Mrs Lee’s eyes. He and his gang are always doing something that will make her shout across the classroom and not doing her homework unless there will be detention class.

 

He sent me home right after our small trip to the town. We didn’t talk about this much, but I know we care for each other and are always trying to make each other happy under the other’s presence. I am really thankful to have a friend like him, even though he is annoying most of the time. We’ve been friends for so long, and I hope that we continue being so and didn’t become further apart.

 

Gosh, I really wrote about him too much.

 

That’s all for today, see you tomorrow dear diary! Good night <3

Mood: Determined

  
 
 

Jungkook


 

 

03 January

I seriously don’t know why I’m doing this. I totally have no idea on how should I write my diary, so I called Chaeng just now to ask what had she written in hers. However, she just has to be ugly and didn’t tell me anything. But, she did say to write what I’ve done and how I feel today, so I guess this is it.

 

Today I went to the bus stop for a ride to the school as usual. Chaeng was saying that I’m late as usual again, but I managed to arrive before the bus leave so technically I’m still on time, if not early. I think that Chaeng is the only one who ever saw my morning looks, but I honestly don’t care that since we had known each other for too long that there’s nothing to be embarrassed of. After reaching the school, I grabbed her to have some breakfast with me. This girl must not have had her breakfast, considering that Uncle and Auntie Park are out of town for a few days. You can never officially start the day without eating breakfast, right.

 

Going to school is crazy every day, especially with those boring subjects and those crazy fan girls. It was all fun and that at first, but as the time passed by it got more and more annoying. I’ve tried to ignore them and shrugged them off so many times but they didn’t seem to get the sign. The only highlight of the day is that I did better in Maths than Chae again. She is a model student that every teacher loved, and she always excels in academics, sports and co-curricular activities. She always teases me about how lazy I am, so Maths is the chance where I can get my revenge.

 

After our class with Mrs Lee, Chaeng asked me to accompany her to the bookstore in town. I didn’t have things to do at that time so I was about to accept her offer, but then I thought that I shouldn’t have let her ask Jeon Jungkook to go out with her that easily. So, I demanded a treat of ice cream for an exchange. What I didn’t expect is, she gave me a headlock so hard like a professional WWE wrestler before letting me go. For a girl, she surely has a big strength; I guess it all comes from her big appetite.

 

We went to the bookstore to find for the notebook she wanted for her diary. Of all the pretty books there, she had chosen the plainest one. I shouldn’t really criticise her choices, but sometimes you just can’t help it. We argued about this but at the end, she still chose the same book.

 

Chaeyoung is a kind but is also an extremely stubborn girl. She always insisted on things she wanted and no one will ever change her minds. When she is doing something, she will make sure that she is doing her best, even if there is something is on her way. I still remember how that day when I lost my favourite toy, and she had helped me to find it even though I didn’t ask her to do so. She kept on searching until she finally found it in the slide at the playground. It was raining heavily that day, and we’re only 8 years old. That night, she got a high fever and absent from the school for the next three days. When Auntie Park scolded her, she replied “But mum, I found Kookie’s toy” proudly.

 

I also remembered how she had a crush on our senior during the junior high year. Chae is pretty, but she was a nerd and is very shy on that time. She literally froze every time she saw him, so she never interacts directly with him. Every morning, she will put breakfast into his drawer. I only knew about this when Auntie Park asked me whether I liked the food she prepared. She thought that the extra was for me. Chaeyoung told me to keep this a secret between us until someday she stopped doing so because the senior had moved to the United States with his family. Alice noona even came to me to ask whether I bullied Chaeyoung or knew what happened to her since she’s crying every night.

 

These flashbacks will never get old, but it’s enough for today. Until this point, I’m almost entering the third page of the diary; how I wish writing essay could be this easy.

 

I don’t know how, after Chaeng had chosen her diary book, I myself had also bought one too. That’s why I’m doing this right now. We went for ice cream after shopped for the diary books, and I got to finish half of her ice cream after I finished mine. We went home together.

 

I think that’s all for today. I am thankful that it’s finally done. Good night.

Mood: Whatever

 

 


I am having holidays yay! Happy Chinese New Year in advance! May the year of Rooster is full of prosperity and happiness!