ITD-Rosekook #4

In The Diary

Rosé


 

 

10 March

 

Dear diary,

 

I just heard a news from the others saying that Jieun is coming back after leaving here for a few years. What even more terrifying is, she was said to enrol in the same school with me. MY SCHOOL.

 

I really wish that all of this is just a rumour and it’s never going to be true. Otherwise, it will be the start, or rather the sequel to my nightmares.

Mood: Please don’t be true please don’t ><

 

 

 

13 March

 

Dear diary,

 

While I only got the news that Jieun is coming back on last week, I never did expect that it would be happening this soon.

 

This morning, when I arrived at school, I knew that I was sensing some unusual aura, which I never experienced before. When Kookie and I entered our classroom, our classmates were all forming a huge circle and they were like discussing something. This scene was really rare, as all of them don’t usually have the same discussion topic.

 

Lisa noticed and called me so I walked to her.

 

“Did you hear about the news that there will be a new transfer student in our school?”

She asked me and I really wanted to ignore the thought of the person that she referring to is Jieun.

 

“Really? I thought it was just a rumour,”

I tried my best to cover my worry looking face.

 

“Well, I guess it’s real because there is a new set of desk and chair in our class. It looks like the new student will be our new classmate too.”

 

Shoot. It was already bad enough for me to be in the same school with her, and now we will be in the same class? Of all the classes in this school, why must it have to be my class? Was I really fated to stuck with her?

 

Oh, I never did mention who this Jieun is.

 

Lee Jieun is a girl that was once my classmate in primary school until the second year of junior high before she followed her family and moved to Busan.

 

People said looks can be deceiving, and Jieun totally defines that saying. She may look sweet and approachable, but behind that image of her was a person with a really bad attitude. When I first knew her, she was really good to me and we became friends too. Until someday, everything turned upside down and she treated me really bad like I was her worst enemy. She bullied me by tearing my workbooks, putting sands into my schoolbag and even lifted up my skirts in front of many other people. She always tried to embarrass me and made me feel bad. Her parents were called to meet the headmaster and they had apologised for a few times, and Kookie was also always helping me, but she never did stop and keep on doing bad things to me. Seriously, I don’t even know what had I do wrong for her to treat me like that. I only feel relieved when she moved away to other places.

 

I don’t really want to remember all this but with Jieun coming back, I couldn’t help but recall them all.

 

I thought that these nightmares had ended, but I was wrong.

 

Back to today:

 

Not long after that, my class teacher came into the class and the students went back to their respective seat.

 

“Good morning class, before we start our lesson today, I am glad to say that we will have a new transfer student joining our class, so let’s welcome her with a big round of applause.”

 

I was so nervous to see the person that was entering our class and standing in front. At that moment, I was still hoping that the person is not the same person that I was thinking. However, the reality hit in when I saw that Jieun was standing there right in front of my eyes.

 

“Hello, my name is Lee Jieun. I was initially from Seoul, but then I moved to Busan with my family and now I’m back to here. It’s nice to meet you all, let’s get along well.”

She said and bowed.

 

The whole class suddenly became chaotic after her introduction with all the whispering between the girls while some of the guys were either gasping or whistling. Jieun was really cute when she was a child, but now she had grown up to a really pretty little woman, I guess her beauty just mesmerised some of the guys in the class. But as what I said before, looks can be deceiving. I think that her bad sides still never changed.

 

“She’s so pretty, isn’t she?”

Lisa whispered to me.

 

“Yeah, really pretty…”

I answered her awkwardly. I really want to tell Lisa about the true her but it’s not that good to ruin someone’s first impressions about someone else. Maybe one day when the right time comes, she will be able to see it by herself. By that time, I hope that I am still in one piece to tell her that Jieun is not the person she appears to like.

 

“I hope that we will get along well,” Lisa continued.

 

Oh no, if I could I would just avoid her as far as possible.

 

I tried so hard to focus on the lesson but the thought of Jieun is back and my nightmare is starting again keep haunting me. How am I going to deal with the days after today? I thought that high school life was going to be the best part of my life but it doesn’t seem like it anymore.

 

During recess time, Lisa wanted to drag me along to go and talk with Jieun. I lied to her saying that I really need to use the washroom and rushed out from the classroom before she could even answer me. I don’t know where should I go but I knew that I’m going to somewhere far from Jieun. That’s how I ended up walking to the middle of the football field. It was really hot on that time but hey; at least I’m nowhere near her now. I went to the tree where I met Chim (aww good memories >///<) last time and sat there until the recess time ended. I don’t care about not eating food at that time since my life is more important. I got to see some of the seniors that were playing football there, which suddenly became interesting for me.

 

When I went back to the class, Lisa asked me where I could have been to be missing for the whole recess. I shrugged her questions off by saying that I went to the library to find some books for references. She happily told me that she had spent a good time with Jieun, saying about how friendly she was. She also said that I should’ve come together and gets to know her too.

 

Lisa only moved here when Jieun moved away, that’s why she completely had no idea that I knew her and what she had done to me.

 

I’m glad somehow because Jieun was surrounded by many other students (especially the boys) and made her to not notice me yet. It would totally be fine if she can just ignore me at all.

 

The class finally ended and it’s time to go home. When I am packing my stuff, Kookie came near to my seat.

 

“Be fast or I’ll leave you here,”

 

“You know you can just leave first if you have to be like that,”

 

“Bye.” He said and walked toward the door.

 

“Wait for me at the bus stop!” I shouted at him.

 

Then, I heard someone bid her farewell to Kookie. A girl’s voice.

 

I took a quick glance at the door. Oh no, there she was standing right there, and looked like she was approaching me. Please Kookie, please come back. Please please please please.

 

“Hi, Chaeyoung!”

 

I was holding a book really tight and at that moment I’m considering whether I should hit her with it and run away. But what I’ve done next shocked her and myself either.

 

“I’m sorry I’m totally not avoiding and ignoring you on purpose, please don’t hurt me!” I hid behind the book that I was holding.

 

“Of course I’m not going to hurt you Chaeyoung. I’m sorry for what I’ve done to you. I was so young and naïve. I didn’t ask for your forgiveness but I really hope to get a new start with you. Chaeyoung, will you become my friend again?”

She hung her head low and I thought that she was sincere in her words.

 

“Well, since it was all in the past so I don’t know why should I insist on it either, sure we can be friend again if you wanted too, but maybe I just need some more times so let’s take it slowly.”

 

“Really? I mean sure! Let’s reintroduce us again. Hi, I’m Lee Jieun, you can call me Jieun, nice to meet you.”

 

“Hi Jieun, I’m Park Chaeyoung, you can call me Chaeyoung or Roseanne.”

I wasn’t really sure if I was feeling nice to meet her, again.

 

“So, see you tomorrow, Chaeyoung? Goodbye!”

She smiled and went out of the classroom.

 

I’m still thinking if there is something behind that smile.

 

I walked to the bus stop and saw Kookie there.

 

“Glad that I didn’t wait for you,”

I rolled my eyes when he said that.

 

“Jieun is back,”

 

“Yeah,”

 

“Do you think we will get along well?”

 

“I think so,”

 

The conversation with him was so boring.

 

The bus arrived and we went home.

 

I’ll just hope that it is a brand new start between us. Good night.

Mood: In doubt?

 

 


Jungkook


 

 

13 March

 

For the past few days, I’ve been hearing the news about Jieun is coming back to Seoul but to be honest, I could have cared less. I will believe it when I saw her in front of my eyes and it won’t affect me that much either if she ever came back.

 

No lie, really.

 

Today, I went to school as usual and saw that my classmates are all having a discussion like it was a parliament meeting. I ignored them and went to my seat at the back.

 

“Hey Kookie, do you know that there will be a new student joining us today?”

Yugyeom asked me, as he sounded excited.

 

“I don’t really care,”

 

“Well I hope that the new student is a girl, I mean like there is no more good-looking girl in our class that is not taken yet,”

He continued.

 

“Chaeyoung isn’t that ugly,”

 

“I know but she was already yours!”

He joked and laughed at me. I rolled my eyes as if I’m not used to them joking about something like that. In fact, all of them are always teasing about Chaeng and me on being the best couple when we are not even a thing to begin with.

 

The class teacher came in and all people leave the group and went back to their seat. She then announced that there would be a new student just as rumoured, followed by a girl coming inside our classroom and stand in front of us.

 

I then saw a girl and dayumm she was pretty. Her skin was pale and smooth as milk, her big eyes, and cute cheeks and also her plump pinkish lips matched her perfectly. She was tall yet slender and her hairs were long.

 

“Hi, Hello, my name is Lee Jieun.”

 

Judging from the few words she just said, I could totally tell that she has a sweet voice. I don’t even mind for her to call my name the whole day.

 

Basically, she just suited my ideal type.

 

If she didn’t say her name and that she was initially from here before, I would never believe that she was the Jieun that I knew during my childhood. She wasn’t that good looking, and was a little chubby before, and how she bullied Chaeng made me didn’t like her even more. It’s been a few years since I last her when she moved away with her family. When I saw her now she had totally changed into a whole new person. I think puberty really hit her hard. A part of me actually still believes that she isn’t the same Jieun, though.

 

All of my friends are gasping and whistling to her like they’re saying that she is gorgeous as well.

 

“It’s a girl and she is so hot!”

Yugyeom can’t stop staring at her.

 

“Take it easy bro, you are almost drooling,”

I .

 

“Who cares, she is really hot! I’m so going to get this one, don’t ever think to stop me!”

He said as he wiped his lips.

 

“No one is stopping you, though.”

“Good!”

 

During recess, I saw that Yugyeom and others tried their best to approach her. No, I would never do something like that; it was really not cold for me, so I went out from the class and went to find Taehyung and Jimin hyung instead.

 

Reaching their classroom, there was no sign of them around. I’m pretty sure that they went to play football again, but I’m too lazy to walk to the field so I decided to go to the library. At least it’s a good place to take a nap.

 

The librarian woke me up and told me to go back to class as recess time had ended. When I entered the classroom, I overheard Chaeng telling Lisa that she was in the library for the whole recess too, but I didn’t saw her, though? She was probably there while I was napping. If I were to see her there the library would be really chaotic.

 

It had finally reached my most favourite part of the school time, which was the time to go home. I went to Chaeng’s seat and told her to hurry up but I was told to go ahead first.

 

At the door, I met with Jieun.

 

“Goodbye Jungkook, see you tomorrow,”

She said shyly.

 

Keep it cool, Jungkook, keep it cool.

 

“Goodbye Jieun.”

Then I left the classroom.

 

I think I might be a little attracted to Jieun. Just a little.

 

But, I truly know how Chaeng feels about her coming back here. If she ever did something to Chaeng like she did before, I might change my mind about her.

 

But she’s so pretty.

Mood: Hmm?

 

 


Once again, I'm thanking all who helped on deciding the new character. 

So, I added IU (Lee Ji-Eun) to the story! I changed her ages and maybe personality to match the story :)

Till next time ^^