ITD-Rosekook #2: Rosé's Birthday Special

In The Diary

Rosekook #2: Rosé's Birthday Special


Before starting this chapter, I wanted to say that it would be a little bit different than the other chapters. As I am describing the same incident, I am merging the diary of both characters to make a better flow. I will also give some narration for you to understand the chapter better.

 

Let’s begin now, shall we?

 

⁕⁕⁕
 

Let’s start with the birthday girl, Roseanne Park Chaeyoung’s diary!

 

 

11 February

 

Hello, diary! Today is not just an ordinary day. Today is 11th of February, one of my most favourite days after Christmas Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s day and holiday. Today is the day that I’ve been brought to the world by my lovely parents, who had taken good care of me up until now. Yes, It’s my birthday! I’ve always been really grateful to be in my family and have them as my parents, and we’ve always shared the joy of this special day together.

 

Being the only child in the family, they have given me all the attention and love that is really meaningful to me. Maybe they've never given me something luxurious or expensive, but they had never left me feeling starving, sick or nothing to wear. For me, all of these are really enough and I couldn’t be gladder to have them.

 

My parents have never missed out my birthday. Every year, they will give me something that is meaningful to me. Some of my favourites are my English name, Roseanne which I got on my second birthday, a pink schoolbag on my 4th birthday, a trip to the amusement park on my 7th birthday and also a bicycle when I was 10 years old.

 

This year, I’ve decided to make something different. As I’ve always received something from them, I figured out that it’s time for me to express my appreciation towards them on this special day. I wanted to let them know that their daughter had grown up well.

 

I started my “gift” with preparing a lovely breakfast for them. Today, I woke up early, even earlier than my parents although it’s a Saturday, which I usually only wake up during the afternoon. I cooked a simple breakfast and brewed some coffee since both of my parents like to drink it. Then, I put the breakfast on the dining table along with the appreciation cards that I had prepared the night before.

 

I went back to sleep after finishing the entire thing because I was still sleepy haha. I was wakened by my phone's ringtone when someone called me. It was Lisa that called me and wished me a happy birthday as soon as she got up from her sleep. She was usually the first person to wish me like usual, either by texting me when 12 am strikes or calling me on the morning of my birthday. She had told me that Jennie, Jisoo and her had a lot of things planned to celebrate my birthday today and wanted me to get ready.

 

Oh, I forgot to mention that Jennie and Jisoo are now best friends with Lisa and me. It’s surprising how the 4 of us can get along well in such a short period of time, especially when Lisa has no direct relation with them. We even danced together on Jennie’s birthday that had everyone shocked. I still remembered how crazy was it that night.

 

It didn't take them long to arrive at the door of my house. When I got downstairs, the dining table was already cleaned and there was a new sticky note on the fridge. It was from my parents saying that they liked the breakfast and wishing me to have a good day ahead. I went out from my house to see the girls already there in the path.

 

“Happy Birthday ChaeChae!”

 

That was the first thing they said to me before embracing me tightly and spinning me around. Fortunately, we were only at the front of my house that time, or it would be totally embarrassing if we were in somewhere public. People must have judged us really hard.

 

We went to a mall to celebrate my birthday. We basically did everything that girls do on their girls’ day out, like shop for clothes, taking photos here and there, singing in the karaoke… We got tired after all these activities but then got excited again when someone suggested us to go eat something. Jisoo had literally dragged me to this café and told me to order anything I want and it was all on her. We spent another few hours eating, chatting and laughing together. They even surprised me by telling a waiter to bring a cake and played the birthday song all over the café for me. The people there whom I didn’t even know were all watching at me and clapped along when I blew my candle out. It was quite awkward but nevertheless, I was still touched. It's been a blessing for me to have them as friends in my life.

 

The girls and I went to my home after this and at there, my parents were already waiting for our arrivals. They hugged me when they saw me, followed up by their birthday wishes. They had prepared foods and drinks for us. They also prepared my favourite Red Velvet cake with “Thanks for being an awesome daughter, Chaeyoung” written on it. I was tearing up and literally cried out when I saw my gift: it was a guitar that I’ve dreamt of for a long time, which I was working hard to save my money for.

 

It was a really good night and I thought I couldn’t have become better.

 

That’s what I thought.

 

Until this point, did you find anything weird? Like something, or rather SOMEONE is missing?

 

Yes, I am talking about Jungkook. He has gone since yesterday, and also the early part of the day. My birthday. I am wondering where could he be?

 

 

Now, let’s see why and where did Jungkook had gone to during that time:

 

 

11 February

 

The day has finally come. Today is Chaeyoung’s birthday, one of her favourite days. I had been celebrating this day with her for almost like every year so I truly knew how important this day is for her.

 

When I reminisced about the past, I actually feel kind of guilty that I almost made her cry every time we celebrated her birthday together. I made her cry because I drew something on her pink schoolbag when she was four. She also cried because I forced her to go on a roller coaster ride with me on her 7th birthday, where Uncle and Auntie Park brought us to the amusement park for a day. The worse of all was what happened when we’re 10 years old. I took her for a ride on her new bicycle and we had a small accident. She wasn’t hurt that bad, only a few bruises; but she cried because she saw that I was hurt. I need to wear a cast for 3 months and ended up being scolded by my parents. She kept telling me that she was sorry since she was the one who insisted for me to take her, as I knew how to ride a bicycle. She came to my house literally every day to help me out and accompany me. I actually felt it’s all worth it although it really hurt so much.

 

There was once that I’d missed her celebration party because I had a basketball practice session until late night. When I got back home, Uncle and Auntie Park were waiting for me in front of my house. They told me that Chaeng couldn’t stop crying and that she won’t come out from her room because she didn’t saw me around. They wanted me to help them convincing Chaeng. She only went out from her room smiling when she heard my voice calling her and the birthday celebration only started when I’m there.

 

I actually didn't like to see her crying, but the irony is I'm always the one that made her cry. She looked cute when she was crying, will all those puffy cheeks, watery big eyes and cute voice she made, but I still didn't like her crying, though.

 

This year, I’d planned to do something special, or at least something that won’t make her cry again. As Chaeng once told me that she likes my voice the most when I am not talking and when I am singing, so I’ve decided to do both.

 

For the singing part, I happened to know someone who could help me. This guy named Min Yoongi, or AKA Suga, is a composer who owns a studio. I knew him because we always hang out together at Taehyung’s place. He was Taehyung’s senior in high school, which technically made him my senior too. Taehyung liked him so much that he is always trying to match-make Jennie with him.

 

I asked for his help to compose a song and let me record it in his studio as Chaeyoung’s birthday gift. He refused at first, saying that it was too much work and that he was too lazy. I had to try really hard to convince him, saying that the song was for the crush of my life to give her a memorable birthday so that she will accept me. He was still hesitating, until I finally used the two ultimate cards: Kumamon and Jennie Kim. He accepted my request immediately when I mentioned that I’d help him to set a date with Jennie in the Kumamon Café, with his face almost showed his excitements. Now that’s what I called a win-win situation: Taehyung will be happy, Yoongi will be happy, I will be happy, perhaps Chaeyoung and Jennie will be too.

 

To work for the song, I spent hours every night to study the lyrics and emotions I had to put in so it sounded sincere and good. I also skipped a few of my basketball practices to record for the song. Yesterday, I even absent from the school to finalise the arrangement along with Yoongi hyung in the studio. What I can say is, I am totally satisfied with the outcome, and I hoped that Chaeyoung would like it too.

 

Until then, I hadn’t met Chaeng for more than 24 hours, not even texting her. I guess that made up the part where I wasn’t talking to her.

 

I went to her house at around 11 pm. Afraid that she might be mad at me, I asked Auntie Park to tell her that someone is waiting for her outside and to not mention my name. When Chaeng came out from her house, I greeted her and grabbed her by the hand quickly before she could even response. I brought her to the park nearby and told her to sit on the bench.

 

“YAH JEON JUNGKOOK YO-”

 

She started to shout at me. I shut her off with a "shh" sound and shoved the earphones into her ears. I played the song that Yoongi hyung and I made for her. After the song ended, she hung her head low and didn’t say anything.

 

I was so nervous about her reactions that it felt almost like I’m an idol that is on his debut stage. I knew she was touched by I didn’t think that she would cry.

 

At that moment, I realised that I was totally wrong about it.

 

 

 

Let’s see what Rose had written about Jungkook’s surprise for her:

 

I was about to write about my day until my mum knocked at my door and told me that there's someone waiting for me. It was weird on how she didn't mention about whom the person is and the fact that she didn't invite him/her into our house. However, I still went out to see that mysterious person.

 

Reaching my front door, I was greeted by a too familiar guy. Before I could even say anything, he grabbed me and ran to the park, making me sit on a bench with him. I was shouting at him before he shoved my ear with earphones. I listened to the song he played to find the voice that is special and familiar to me. It was sung by him, but I’ve never heard this song before. Did he, perhaps, made this song just for me?

 

My emotions were in between angry, happy and touched at that time. This was my first time ever to have someone did this kind of thing to me. I couldn’t hold on anymore and burst into tears.

 

“YAH JEON JUNGKOOK, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? HOW DARE YOU JUST DISAPPEAR FOR A WHOLE DAY AND APPEAR AND DRAG ME HERE AND JUST PRETEND NOTHING HAPPENED AND PLAY THIS SONG FOR ME?

 

I said without stopping while I’m still crying.

 

“Chaeyoung, I’m sorry that I’m not around these times… because I was making this song for you.”

 

Geez, I almost thought I am overreacting. Heyyy, the song really was made for me.

 

It was a really good gift indeed.

Mood: Happy ^_^

 

 

To complete the day, we’ll see what Jungkook had written again:

 

“You’re so stupid Jeon Jung Kook,” she wiped her tears away,

 

“But you really know how to make my day special and memorable, like always.”

 

A smile began to form on her face.

 

She then hugged me and said: “Thank you, Kookie, thank you so much, you’re the best friend I could ever have.”

 

I replied her a with a “You’re welcome”. It was all good and that when suddenly I slipped out some words.

 

“It’s so funny how you’re still crying like a baby, Chaeng Chaeng.”

 

And now guess who has a bite mark on his shoulder.

 

In conclusion, I made her cry again. Oops, I did it again.

 

As I said just now, I didn’t like her crying. I would HATE if someone ever made her cry.

 

Only I can make Chaeyoung cry.

 

But I still don’t like it.

Mood: Proud, happy, but the bite still hurt TT

 

 


Hi guys, it's me. 

I actually didn't feel to update this week, but here it is. 

Something just happened to my family and all I can say is to always appreciate everyone around you. 

 

Nevertheless, I would still like to wish Rosé a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! May she can be with her loved one in this special day of her. (It's 12 am in South Korea now)

I would also like to wish everyone a Happy Chap Goh Mei! In case you don't know, Chap Goh Mei is the 15th day, which is the last day of the Chinese New Year celebration. 

 

That's all for today, see you again. :)