ITD-Rosé #2

In The Diary

Rosé #2


 


25 February

 

Hello, diary.

 

I am actually embarrassed to write about the incident happened today, but I might as well record it as a part of my memories.

 

Today is the annual Sports’ Day of my school, which is also my first sports day in high school. It was supposed to be all fun and that since this is also the first year that I’m not only sitting on the speculator seat or totally be absent. This is also my first time to perform as a cheerleader in front of all the students, teachers and other people at there.

 

All of this made today sounds like a fun day, isn’t it? But it’s the otherwise. At least for me.

 

So, I am going to tell what happened today. The girls and I had been practising for our routines non-stop to make sure that we will do our best during our segment on the sports day. I am not bragging something, but cheerleading performance is one of the most anticipated events and is usually the highlight of the day. That is why we had put a lot of effort to make it a perfect one. After sometimes of hardworking, we are really satisfied with the whole setup of the routines.

 

It was all going fine until this morning. The day before, Jisoo had told us to only have light breakfast today or we will feel uneasy during our performances. However, no one had ever mentioned to me how a light breakfast should be. This made the silly me ended up eating only some breakfast bars and drink a small glass of milk. After that, I left for the rehearsal on the field.

 

Upon reaching the field, I was surprised to see the number of people that were already there. Sports day hadn’t started yet but almost half of the seats were already filled. I started to feel a little nervous, as I had never performed in front of such many people before. I suddenly feel like I’m in a fan meeting with all the crowds coming to see me >///<

 

“Alright girls, don’t be nervous, there will be more people than it is now later, now get to your position!”

 

Wow, Jisoo’s words truly helped a lot.

 

The rehearsal went really well as the people were cheering for us since the start until the end of our routines. Jisoo then dismissed us to rest and prepare for the sports day to officially start.

 

“That was a good one,”

Jimin approached me and said. He was wearing a sleeveless sports top and shorts, his outfit showed off his athletic body with those buff arms and muscular thighs (omo I need to stop).

 

“You really think so?”

 

“Yeah,” he nodded as an answer, “and you did really well,”

 

“Thank you.”

 

I am still dumbfounded on how this kind of conversation can come out naturally from someone like me.

 

Well, these weren’t the main point of the incident, so let’s go back to where I was distracted.

 

After having my light breakfast, or more like a “barely anything” breakfast just now, I couldn’t help to feel hungry especially after rehearsing for the routines. I, however, didn’t eat anything because I’m worried that I’ll feel uneasy later. This was my first performance and I really wanted to be in my best condition.

 

Little did I know that it was a mistake. A BIG MISTAKE.

 

The time went on as more events were held. As it went by, my stomach got emptier and I feel hungrier. I can’t really eat something as the cheerleader’s segment is coming up really soon. I thought that I might just go to have a heavy lunch later if I performed well.

 

I was sitting on a bench when Kookie came to me. He saw me and could tell that there’s something odd with me. I didn’t say a word and just shook my head to assure him that I was fine. He didn’t say anything too, but he did give me a box of healthy drink and told me to drink more water and to eat something. He then left to warm up, as he was also an athlete.

 

It was finally the time for us to go up and perform. We could hear that the crowds were already hyped up when the announcer revealed that the next segment would be us. During that time, almost all of the seats were already occupied. Some even sat on the edge of the field to watch our performance. After seeing all of these people, my nervousness couldn’t help but to kick in and made my already bad situation become even worse. I feel a little bit of dizziness in my head but thankfully that I was still able to stand up on my own. The music started and we started to get into our formation, danced a little, switched our position and repeat it. The moves were supposed to be sharp and energetic but I can only do them weakly. It was already a miracle for me to finish my performance until the end with these limited energies left in my body. I am really grateful that I didn’t faint halfway. When the music stopped, I am glad that it was all over.

 

I really spoke too soon. The highlight of the day has not even come, and it comes just right at that moment.

 

When we were leaving the centre of the field, I suddenly felt like my head was spinning around crazily. My legs became weak and I tripped onto the ground. It could still feel like I’m spinning around until I totally passed out.

 

This is so embarrassing, even when I am writing it right now.

 

I found myself was inside the school health room when I gain my consciousness. I was not alone because all the girls and Jungkook were also there.

 

Wait, I forgot to mention that Jimin was there too.

 

“Are you okay now, Chaeng?” Jisoo sounded really worried.

 

“You had shocked us when you fainted!” Jennie continued.

 

“What happened?” Lisa holds me by my hands.

 

I told them to not be worried and I’ll be fine. When I told them it was my breakfast that was behind all of this, they all responded like how mum would say to their daughters. Nevertheless, I was quite touched to know that they cared that much for me.

 

The girls then left saying that I needed some time to rest and they will help to call my parents to fetch me home. I bid them goodbye and saw that there were two guys who were still in the room with me.

 

Kookie straightly said that he knew there was something wrong with me and scolded me to not tell him about this. I didn’t really have that much of my energy to fight back so I decided to just let him be and keep on nagging like an uncle. An annoying uncle.

 

He only stopped when Jimin told him to. Jimin then asked me how am I feeling and told me that everything will be fine as long as I took enough rest. It made me wonder how can these two boys are best friends with each other when one is sweet while another one is… I don’t want to say but still, annoying.

 

The situation was good when suddenly Kookie said something that changed everything.

 

It goes a little something like:

 

AIM.

 

“Jimin hyung, I didn’t know you two know each other,”

 

“Yeah, we know each other but you know, not that much.”

 

POINT.

 

“But you seems so worried the moment Chaeyoung fainted. You even ran faster to her than me.”

 

“That’s because I’m a member of the first aid team, hahaha.”

 

SHOOT.

 

“Didn’t you like quit the team for years?”

 

“But, but I’m still always ready to help others!”

 

And it turned out so awkward.

 

Jimin left afterwards, leaving just Jungkook accompanying me.

 

We argued about which house we supported for the sports day. I was totally in team Yellow House since it is my sports house, while Jungkook insisted that his Blue House is the best.

 

“Who won the overall champion?” I asked him as I missed out like half of the day.

 

“I have no idea, but I know it’s definitely not going to be Blue House because I didn’t take part in all the events after you fainted.”

 

He sounded really cocky but my heart feels warmed to know that he was there all the time when I fainted.

 

We got home after my parents fetched us from the school. During the car ride, I didn’t get to say anything as Kookie decided to become my spokesperson and explain everything to my parents.

 

Oh, and Jennie told me that Yellow House won. Yay!

 

The conclusion is, I learned my lesson.

 

Lesson learned: Breakfast bar and milk only is NOT my kind of light breakfast.

Mood: Lesson learned in a hard way ><”

 

 


Hello guys! Sorry for the late update. I was busy during this week. 

I actually have Sports Day today too so that's why it became the theme of the chapter hhh

Till next time!