ITD-Prologue

In The Diary

Prologue


"You kids nowadays rely on gadgets too much that you've missed so much simple yet fun things to do. Back in my days, we didn't write emails or messages, but we wrote letters and mail to others instead. You'll never experience how fun it is to wait for your new letters to come to your mailbox," Mrs Lee, the Korean language teacher got excited when she's talking about her memories.

 

"What I wanted you kids to do is: go get a blank notebook and make yourself a good habit of writing a diary. It's really beneficial for you, as you can practice on writing your thoughts, and reflecting upon your days. Besides, you can also have something to read back and reminisce about your youth life when you get old later. Trust me, it will feel definitely different from how you all post about yourself on social media this day."

 

The bell rang, meaning that the period had ended and it's time to go home.

 

"See you all next time, and remember, please try to write your diary, even though you're just writing in once in a while. I promise you, You will never regret it," Mrs Lee said before going out from the classroom.

 

---

 

Chaeyoung and her friends walk to the gate of the school together and bid them goodbye to go find another friend of her.

 

She goes straight to the bus stop nearby, as she knew that her friend must probably is waiting for her there. Just as what she thought, there is a boy standing at the bus stop, seems like he is waiting for somebody.

 

"Yo Kookie!"

 

"Yo Chaeng!"

 

They high five and Chaeyoung tiptoed to match their height so that she can strangle her arm around his neck. This scene is completely normal for people who know them.

 

Chaeyoung and Jungkook have been friends for as long as they can remember. Their families are good friends of each other, and it seems like they have also continued the legacy. Besides living in the same neighbourhood, they also go to the same school since elementary school and eventually become classmates in high school.

 

Some people might have lost their old friendship when they grew older, but Chaeyoung and Jungkook just proved that they aren't near anything like that as they are still very close until now. It was quite an accomplishment when they can still get along even though they're having different friend circles.

 

Most people would have thought that they are dating each other, but the truth is they are nothing more than best friends. Their friendship, which started from childhood, has been so pure that they might never have the idea to date. They are so used to being best friends, neighbours and classmates. For sure, like other best friends in the world, they share foods and items a lot, teasing each other a lot, and sometimes argue a lot. Both of them have their own love life that usually ends up...miserably, but the point is that they always have each other back. They know how to comfort and cheer each other up. They will also stand up for each other if someone were to do something bad or said nasty things about one of them. Rather than seeing them as their future in-laws, both families also see them as their own son and daughter. Sometimes the parents might joke about them getting married, but none of them has taken it seriously.

 

"Before we going home, can you accompany me to the bookstore? I want to buy something,"

 

"Alright, but on one condition."

 

"We've been friends for years and now you're talking about conditions when I asked you to accompany me?!" Chaeyoung tightened her arm that is still on his neck.

 

"Just-Just listen to me, would you! Geez, I'm now wondering are you seriously a girl, especially with your behaviour towards me,"Jungkook has to catch his breath after releasing himself from Chaeyoung.

 

"Well, I'm not those fangirls of yours that need to act cute and girly to grab your attention,"

 

Not my fault that I'm popular among girls, though," Jungkook continued which he earned a look from her, "I'll only go if you treat me with ice cream."

 

"That's it? You should've just asked me! Fine then, Ice cream it is!"

 

And so they took the bus to the nearest bookstore.

 

Chaeyoung went to the notebook section and started to pick a suitable notebook to make as her diary. After considering a few books, she had decided to buy a plain white covered notebook.

 

"Perfect," Rosé said, as she is proud of her choice.

 

"Why are you even buying that, there are much more books that are prettier. Can't really say something about your taste," Jungkook's face totally tells about his thought about the book Chaeyoung had chosen.

 

"I bought it because I can customise the cover myself with my own creativity! This will be a good one for my diary, and you don't know anything about my taste so please shut up," She hugged the book tightly.

 

"Are you seriously writing a diary?"

 

"It seems fun from what Mrs Lee had said. Maybe you should try it too so that you can practice on your writing skills and even fix your ugly handwriting!"

 

"See what I told you about your taste? You truly don't know how artistic is my handwriting!" Jungkook is trying to defence himself from Chaeyoung's diss.

 

"Please, whoever think that your handwriting is artistic must have something with their eyes, or minds or even both. Stop arguing so much with me, would you just choose one book now!"

 

"Would you just choose one book now!" Jungkook mimicked her with his mouth, earning a not-really-hard-really punch from the girl. His face turned to a frown and rubbed the punched area with his hand. He screamed in pain silently and then quickly scan through all the notebooks until one had caught his eyes. He picked the book up and decided that it was the chosen one.

 

"Not bad,"

 

"Of course, like I said. Maybe you should just take my advice,"

 

"As if! You better get moving now or you won't get your ice cream!"

 

"Wait for me!"

 

They made their way to the counter to pay for the notebooks and left the store.

 


Jungkook got to eat his favourite ice cream and spend his afternoon with Chaeyoung before they took another bus ride to their neighbourhood. It was now night time and Jungkook had just finished doing his homework.

 

He was about to head to his bed until he saw the notebook that he bought earlier.

 

"Oh ya, the diary,"

 

He placed the notebook in front of him and flipped to the first page of the book, and then he took out a black gel pen and started writing the date.

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

10 minutes had passed, and he is still only written the date.

 

He started to scribble some words on the page, but he had to stop once a few minutes before continuing the next sentences.

 

"Why is this harder than writing a real essay?" He said as he slammed the pen that he was holding onto the table.

 

Maybe it's because of that he can't Google for the related topic and "refer" others' works, just like how he usually did for his other essays.

 

"I'll just ask what Chaeng wrote on hers," he grabbed his phone and sent Chaeyoung a message.

 

Kookie ^_^:

Have you gone to your dreamland yet?

Chaeng:

Not yet, why? I won't accept any of your requests after 10 pm, not even treating me food.

Kookie^_^:

As if I will text you in the middle of the night to treat you lol

Chaeng:

Then what's the sit?

Kookie^_^:

What did you write in your diary?

Chaeng:

Why don't you just ask me to show you mine instead? I don't think that's how a diary works.

Kookie:

I just wanted to know what you wrote stop acting like we're dealing with huge secrets.

Chaeng:

Just write about what you've done today and what's your feeling, or you can maybe write something like how Roseanne Park Chaeyoung is the most beautiful, sweet, adorable and best friend you could ever have. I won't know it but I will be really happy if you really write that.

Kookie:

Thanks for nothing! I'll figure it out my own. Goodnight ugly Chaeng Chaeng

Chaeng:

Aww glad that I can help, you are ever so welcome ❤️💩 Goodnight to the dumbest Jungkoook that I hate and love the most zzz

 

After putting down his phone, Jungkook looked at his diary once again. He then tore off the page that he had written earlier and rewrite a whole new entry in his diary. This time, he wrote his diary much faster than the previous one. He decided to call it a day and closed his book after finishing his first ever diary entry.

 


Here's a prologue for you to know how the story goes, really hope the story will go well. The next chapter will be Rose and Jungkook's first diary entries before we get to see each of their own. See you in the next update!