Chapter 3

Only You

“You are my star.”

“You flatter me too much. I might just consider dating you if you weren’t such a stalker.”

 

By now, Yuna already got used to the stuck-up replies she’s getting in her every note. It’s now a waste of time and effort for her to go all infuriated considering that it won’t change the words written as a reply if she were to throw an outburst of anger to a person she doesn’t even know. And honestly, it’s weird but she doesn’t feel the need to even know the person behind the replies. Knowing that he or she is still putting up with their banter is enough to fuel up her fight for her pride.

“Stalker, my . You clearly think so high of yourself, eh? Let’s see you wake up in shame when I beat you in this little game of ours.”

 


 

“What are you smiling about?” Kim Taehyung asked as he handed over a can of soda to his friend who seemed to be engulfed in his own separate world.

Jungkook snapped out of his thoughts as he reached out to receive his drink. “Don’t you think a girl who values her pride so much is just plain cute?”

“Woah! Am I hearing things or did you just use the words ‘girl’ and ‘cute’ together?” Taehyung pretended to clean his ears, unbelieving that their group’s maknae finally got concerned in the opposite .

Jungkook shot his hyung a look saying ‘What?’ as he made himself comfortable in the couch. “It’s not like I’m that hopeless when it comes to girls.”

“I hate to break it to you but you are THAT hopeless.”

Rolling his eyes, Jungkook opened his drink and gulped a hearty amount of the cool liquid. “Look who’s talking.”

“Hey! At least I had girlfriends before,” Taehyung defended as he, too, drank a portion of his drink. “Did you?”

Jungkook snorted. “I don’t need girlfriends to show interest.”

“You know, if you don’t find yourself a girlfriend soon, you might just end up being gay.”

“Like that would happen. As I have said earlier, there’s this girl.”

Engrossed by the last statement, Taehyung gave a mischievous smirk over to his friend as he leaned back on the couch. “I hear you. Go on.”

Throwing a smirk of his own, a wicked look became visible on Jungkook’s expression.

“It’s about time I take the game to a whole new level.”

 


 

“Did you hear?” Eunha inquired, almost out of breath, as she walked alongside Yuna on their way to the school’s cafeteria. Unfortunately for the shorter girl, she had to take longer strides to match the pace of her companion.

“Hear what?” Yuna countered as she took a sip from her carton of milk.

“The recent rejection.”

“The cruelest one?”

“No. By recent, I mean just this morning,” Eunha clarified as she helped push open the double doors of the cafeteria as they made their way inside.

Scanning for the table where the others were, Yuna replied, “Uh-huh. So, what’s your point?”

“What I’m trying to say is that I sympathize the girl. Rumors had it that she even went under the knife just for him. I mean can you believe that? She has really gone to the extreme only to be turned down. If I were her, I would have never bothered. Although, maybe she liked Jeon Jungkook too much.”

 Yuna grabbed Eunha and tagged her along as she finally saw the table occupied by their four other friends who were probably waiting for them. “Liking someone is normal but laying everything out without even weighing the possibilities is just pure idiocy.”

“What if it’s love?”

Yuna came to a halt as she faced Eunha with a look that obviously screams ‘You’re kidding me, right?’ in all directions. “Who would love a jerk like Jeon Jungkook?”

“Well-”

“I’m sorry but I would love a jerk like Jeon Jungkook.”

Realizing her mistake of saying that out loud, Yuna snickered and, bit by bit, turned to face the rude person who obviously doesn’t know how to respect other people’s private conversation.

“I mean, c’mon, how can I not love myself?”

A mixture of horror, shock, and embarrassment crept up Yuna’s face in an instant as she came face to face with the owner of the voice who turned out to be none other than Jeon Jungkook himself. Almost involuntarily, her hands went to cover as if she hasn’t said anything. Eunha, on the other hand, could only stare with agape.

With all honesty, there were moments in Yuna’s life wherein sometimes she would wonder why her everyday encounters seemed to be so boring. There were times where she would wish something exciting would happen-something unforgettable or memorable- because at the very least, she could say that college isn’t all that monotonous. However, this is not what she was asking the heavens for. Out of all the misfortunes she could have experienced, it just had to be this one. Whatever did she do wrong to deserve this?

With her brain being unable to function well, Yuna decided to go with the first thing that came to mind. She faked a laugh and said, “Oh my, look at the time. We’re late for our meetup, Eunha. Let’s go!” In a flash, she grabbed her best friend by the wrist as they quickly made a run for it. Without looking back, they made their way out of the cafeteria doors, while she screamed, “You heard nothing!”

 


 

Both girls’ panting echoed across the large music room as they struggled to catch their breath after running nonstop toward the empty room Yuna considers as her haven.

“You were crazy,” Eunha commented as she leaned on the wall for support. Running was never her forte so after dashing for almost five minutes, she felt like she was about to faint.

Breathing hard, Yuna nodded in agreement as she reminisced the embarrassing moment she just had. “I’m screwed.”

“Tell me about it. You just insulted the king of this school.”

“Psshh. Who hailed him king?” Yuna retorted while she bent down to sit on the polished wooden floor of the room.

“There was no need. It’s like it has already been an unwritten rule.”

“That’s nonsense.”

“Yeah but that’s not the point here. The point is that you just messed with the wrong guy.”

Yuna was never one to pout but judging by what her best friend just said, she can’t help but sulk. “I just said what I wanted to say.”

“Which you never should have done in the first place. You should have considered the fact that this school is literally Jeon Jungkook territory.”

“Don’t tell me what I already know. Besides, some hate here and there wouldn’t kill him, right?”

Eunha could only chuckle, amused at the amount of boldness her best friend had in her. She then walked over to the mirror at the corner of the room to fix herself and stated, “I’m hungry.”

“You go on ahead. I’ll just stay here for a while.”

“A while or for the entire duration of lunch time?”

Yuna laughed at the idea that she just couldn’t deceive her best friend when it comes to matters like these. The girl probably knew her by heart as of now. “I’m not hungry.”

“I’m not hungry as in I just don’t like to show my face to Jeon Jungkook.”

Yuna only grunted in response before she rested her head against the wall behind her and shut her eyes. “Lock the door when you leave, please.”

“Yeah, yeah.”

Simply the sound of the door opening and closing assured Yuna that she was alone. After a while of silently reveling in the still atmosphere of the room, she slowly opened her eyelids and inhaled deeply.

“Choi Yuna, you’re in for a whole lot of trouble.”

 


 

It was History class but Yuna just couldn’t get herself to focus. As if she wanted to focus on the subject anyway.

“I can’t even remember the line I was supposed to write today,” she thought as she tried to wreck her brain, searching for the words she had in mind just this morning before the incident at the cafeteria.

“Psst…”

Recognizing the familiar call, Yuna turned around to look at her best friend who simply mouthed her “Are you okay?” in which she replied with a brief nod before going back to rest her head on her table.

“I guess I won’t be writing today.”

Yuna sighed before she drifted off to sleep without realizing it.

 


 

“Detention? Again?”

Jungkook nodded smugly toward his hyungs as if having to attend detention was something to be proud of.

“Aren’t you getting detention too frequently this past month?” Jin, the oldest in their peer, asked.

“It’s like detention has become another subject of yours. You’re basically having detention like every week,” Taehyung added.

Jungkook only shrugged as he proceeded to turn to the other direction where the room of his scheduled detention is located. “Detention is fun.”

 


 

As soon as he entered the room, Jungkook was greeted by the same faces he usually spends detention with. Like him, it seems like these people are also keen on the idea of detention.

“Idiots.”

However, unlike them, he was only here not because he was always troublesome but because he acted to be troublesome for the notes- the notes that became the highlight of his every week.

With his body already used to the exact same routine week by week, his feet started moving as if involuntarily toward the table that he marked as his own in this detention area. Unexpectedly, someone already beat him to it. Jungkook stopped at about a meter away from the said table he used to sit on during every detention period. What he was seeing was definitely surprising because out of all the weeks he’s been having these detentions, not once did another student occupy the seat he reserved for himself. Everyone in detention should have known that by now. Well, everyone except her.

“Excuse me? That’s my seat,” Jungkook stated as he walked over to the table, poking the sleeping girl’s arm. “Hey, this table is mine. Move over.” He shook the girl’s shoulder rather harshly to wake her up only to have her slap his hand away.

“Ughh…”

“The nerve of this girl…”

 


 

Yuna awoke to the feeling of someone shaking her form. “Ughhh…” she grunted as she swatted the hand away.

“Wake up, stupid woman. You’re in my table.”

Deciding to ignore the nuisance, Yuna forcibly shut her eyes tight. “Ignore and it’ll go away.”

“Hey, woman! I said you’re in my seat.”

“Ignore. Ignore. Ignore. You don’t hear anything.”

“Stop being so stubborn and move over.”

“Just ignore the annoying creature.”

“Wait. Are you ignoring me on purpose?”

“Just go back to sleep. You don’t hear anything.”

 


 

“That’s it. I’ve had enough of you. This is the reason why girls are so damn exasperating. They never listen.”

Having his patience tested, Jungkook reached his limit. He looked around in search for something to help him in his situation only to stop when his eyes caught sight of a water bottle filled halfway with water. Immediately, his mouth formed an evil smirk.

“Bingo.”

Walking over to the bottle, he picked it up and examined its content. “Such a shame to waste water but oh well. The situation calls for it.”

Jungkook returned to HIS table with the bottle in hand. Once he was properly standing in front of the sleeping figure, he slowly removed the bottle cap, with the wicked smile never leaving his face. “You asked for it.”

And without much hesitation, he lifted the bottle over the girl’s head and started to pour.

 


 

After a while of pestering, the boy finally decided to give up.

“At last. And there I thought he’d never leave.”

Yuna smiled as she relished in a moment of peacefulness once again. “Ignoring definitely is an effective plan.”

Enjoying the serenity, Yuna felt another urge to drift off to wonderland for the second time around when…

“WHAT THE HELL?!” she screamed while sitting back up in an instant. She examined herself only to find out that she had been drenched from her head down to her torso. Furious, she looked up to meet the culprit behind the obviously unfunny prank. However, what she was looking for was not what she expected to see.

“YOU?!”

 


 

Another update for you guys. Enjoy! :)