Chapter 11

Only You

“No…No…No…This can’t be…This is just a dream…I must’ve fallen asleep while I’m with Eunha…This is not real.”

To say she was shocked would be a total understatement. Yuna was beyond that feeling. She felt like her head was going to burst from the information. She felt like she wanted to disappear from the situation. And worse of all, she felt like she was going to pass out any moment soon.

“Oy, are you okay? You look pale,” Jungkook stated as he shuffled closer to Yuna, rather worried over her sudden change in demeanor. “You look like you’ve seen a ghost or something.”

“Wait!”

Jungkook froze in his spot at the abrupt exclamation, being even more confused.

“Relax. I’m not going to kiss you. Not anymore.”

“No. Don’t come near me,” she commanded, holding out a hand to shoo him away.

“Geez, fine.” Jungkook retreated, creating a good distance between them so as not to push the girl’s buttons further. He came here to ask her a favor so he might as well prove to her that he, too, can be on her good side for once. “Anyway, as I have mentioned, here’s the note,” he continued as he slipped the paper across the space amid them.

“Choi Yuna, take it easy. This is just a dream. You’ll wake up soon. This is just a figment of your imagination. Everything will end. For now, just go with the flow.”

Yuna heaved a deep sigh as she reached for the paper with shaky fingers.

“You’re going to be fine. This is not reality.”

Painstakingly, she held the little sheet in her hand as she pulled it closer to her face so that she can read what was written on it.

“Hug me so I can lean on you.”

Another exhale came from Yuna as she processed the words before her, the dizziness she was feeling becoming more extreme.

“This is just a dream. This is just a dream. This is just a dream,” she repeated in her head as a mantra for the moment. Until now, she is not believing the situation to be true. She wants to deny everything. She wants her reality to return back to normal.

“That means you’re curious. You want to know who this person is.” Eunha’s words came to her mind suddenly.

“Well, you got what you wanted,” a voice in her mind pointed out.

“No.”

“What?”

Yuna shook her head as an effort to shake away the disturbing thoughts as she blinked, staring blankly at the boy in front of her who, by whatever miracle happened, looked at her with a kind of worried expression.

“Are you sure you’re fine? You don’t look so good,” Jungkook once again tried to examine the girl closely.

“I said don’t come near me!”

He held both of his hands in surrender and proceeded to grab a chocolate bar from the table instead. “I don’t know if it’s just me or if you also realized it yourself but I think you suffer from a split personality. I mean, one moment you’re this and then the next thing you’re that. So far, you’ve been the only person I couldn’t fully understand,” he expressed before taking a bite from the chocolate in his hands.

“I…I…Just don’t come near me.”

“Yeah, I got that already but if you don’t mind, I’d like to have that paper back. It’s precious.”

“P-precious?”

Realizing how his tongue slipped, Jungkook scrambled in his seat as he straightened his back and held his head up high. “What I meant was that paper is…uhmmm…it’s precious because…because…uhmmm…because it’s evidence. Yeah, that’s it. That’s evidence so I need it,” he reasoned while holding out a hand to retrieve the paper.

Reluctantly, Yuna handed over the sheet, placing it on the couch.

“Is this really a dream? If so, why do I feel like everything’s real?”

“Slap me.”

“What?”

“Slap me,” she repeated, offering one of her cheeks.

Confusion graced Jungkook’s face as he stared at the determined girl before him, asking for a slap in the face. “Why should I do that? I may be mean as a guy when it comes to my words but I was taught well enough by my mother to never hit a girl. So, despite how much I loathe you, no, thank you.”

“Slap me,” she once again requested, moving over to him before grabbing one of his hands.

“Oy!” Jungkook removed himself from her grasp as he backed off. “I already said I won’t do it. Just slap yourself if you want to.”

“No. It’ll still be uncertain if I do it myself.”

“What’s uncertain?”

“Don’t ask.”

“If I were to slap you, I, at least, need a good reason for it.”

“Just do it,” she muttered, offering her cheek once more.

Jungkook sighed as he scanned the girl before him, strangely begging to be slapped. “Fine,” he finally gave up as with much wariness, he lifted his hand and aimed it at Yuna’s face.

Bracing herself, Yuna closed her eyes for the impact.

Jungkook rolled his eyes before, in one quick motion, he allowed his hand to come in contact with Yuna’s face in a soft tap. “There. Happy?”

Yuna opened one eye as she tried to take in what just happened. “That’s it?”

“Yeah. Now, get yourself together. I still need you to agree with my plan.”

“You call that a slap?” she asked, dissatisfied over his action.

“Yes,” he nonchalantly replied, returning to his seat. “Anyway, are you in or not?”

“Imagination…this is still your imagination.”

Yuna closed her eyes and bit her lips, trying to concentrate.

“Very soon, you’ll wake up and realize it’s already time for your next period.”

“Oy, are you listening?”

“Confirmation…I need to confirm.”

Bit by bit, Yuna walked closer to where Jungkook was seated and sat down, facing him with a blank look.

“He is not real. This is not real. I’m imagining.”

She cautiously inched closer to him the moment he was just less than an arm’s length away from her.

“W-what are you doing?” Jungkook inquired as he leaned back a little, confused at what the girl had in mind. “I already said I don’t want to kiss you. I didn’t bring you here so that you can take advantage of me. Oy!”

He stumbled back as Yuna continued to lean over to his face.

“This is not funny. Stop it.”

She didn’t listen. Instead, she moved closer that he could already feel her breath tickling his face. “G-go away,” he whispered, flustered over their current position. If someone were to come in and see them, it would probably cause a huge misunderstanding. Heck, they probably look like a couple on the verge of making out.

But Yuna was in no way listening to him.

“He’s not real.”

With a trembling hand, she reached out to touch his face.

Jungkook flinched at the sudden feel of the cold skin coming into contact with his.

“You’re not real. I’m imagining things,” she mumbled while carefully patting Jungkook’s face.

“Hey, are you out of your mind? Get off me. Someone might come inside and assume we’re making out.”

“You’re not real. The paper isn’t real. Everything isn’t real,” she continued to murmur as she still did not remove her hand from his face.

Involuntarily, Jungkook’s face flushed a deep red over the fact that for the first time in his life, he was in this awkward position with a girl. He could already feel the heat emanating from his cheeks. Shaking away the uneasy feeling though, he blinked a few times to regain his focus on the situation but what he was met with only furthered his embarrassment. As soon as he stared ahead, what he was met was Yuna’s orbs, staring intensely at his as if she was trying to dig deep into him. She was in a daze she doesn’t even realize she was in and he felt like being pulled into it as well.

“You…” he whispered but could not finish as he could no longer find the right words to say. So, instead of complaining more, he opted to return what she was giving him as he, too, stared in silence.

“Yoou’re not real,” she retold, still stupefied with drooping eyes, pale skin, and no signs of regaining consciousness anytime soon.

“You’re one crazy woman. I-” Jungkook had not been given a chance to continue what he had to say because before he knew it, Yuna’s head was already slumped across his chest as she fainted amidst their awkward position.

“Stupid woman…”

“Man, I’m tired. It’s a good thing you’re with me on this one. Having a skipping buddy feels good,” a voice boomed from outside the room, alarming Jungkook. With wide eyes, he tried to push the girl up so that he could escape but stopped when he realized that forcefully doing so would mean she’ll end up hitting the ground hard.

“She better be grateful I’m still a gentleman even in moments like these.”

“While we’re at it, let’s play video games!” another voice echoed from the outside. Only this time, it got louder.

Jungkook hastily lifted the collapsed body of Yuna, being gentle not to cause any harm while doing so.

“I like that idea! Do we still have chips though?”

Panic began to cloud Jungkook as he struggled in getting the girl off him without being too forceful. He was already on the move of carefully placing her aside when the doors flung open, causing Jungkook to stay frozen still.

“,” he muttered a second before loud gasps resounded from across the other side of the room.

 


“I am so disappointed in you, Jungkookie,” Hoseok declared as he paced back and forth in front of the younger lad who was seated upright on the sofa beside an unconscious Yuna.

“Ah, hyung! It’s not what you think!” Jungkook complained but was silenced by Hoseok’s finger that made its way to his lips.

“Hush, young one. You don’t have to explain yourself. We already know and we already get it.”

“But hyung-”

“I said hush,” Hoseok said, pushing his index finger back to Jungkook’s lips. “As I have said, I am so disappointed in you. I can’t believe you could do such a thing. And here I thought we taught you well. I thought we raised you to become a proper gentleman. You have just proven me wrong. I can’t. I just can’t,” he continued in a dramatic tone as he ‘tried’ to hold back supposed tears from his eyes.

“Hyung, help me,” Jungkook mouthed to Jimin who was seated across him with a huge grin on his face, clearly amused at the scene before him.

“Sorry,” Jimin mouthed back, restraining himself hard in order not to laugh and ruin the mood set by Hoseok.

“Traitor.”

“Are you listening to me, Jeon Jungkook?” Hoseok interrupted as he stood between the two boys, hands on his hips.

“Yes,” Jungkook casually replied before producing a sigh.

“Do you know what consequence you are going to take for what you have done?”

“What consequence?! You’re not my mother. You’re also not Jin-hyung,” Jungkook exclaimed as he stood up to meet his hyung’s gaze.

“Sit. Down,” Hoseok ordered, his demeanor changing in an instant which caused the younger boy to gulp and heed without any more words.

“Good. Now, what should you do in order to make up for your wrongful act? Jimin, do you have anything in mind?” Hoseok turned to face the person behind him who was busy holding back his laughter.

“Let’s have him dance in front of the principal’s office.”

“I’ll have you do that instead,” Hoseok replied as he moved to smack Jimin on the head. “This is not a joke. Our Jungkookie here just committed a crime against our rule of being a gentleman.”

“Hyung, it’s not what you think. You got the wrong idea.”

“Hush!”

“Okay, then. Let’s have Jungkookie steal the principal’s toupee,” Jimin suggested for the second time only to receive yet again another smack on the head.

“Be serious!”

“I am!”

Hoseok narrowed his eyes at Jimin who held up a peace sign with a smile.

“Ugghhh…”

All eyes went straight to the lone girl as she shifted in her position while mumbling incoherent words.

“Uuunnggg…”

“What is she saying?” Jimin inquired Hoseok who, in turn, looked at Jungkook.

“Don’t look at me. I don’t speak alien,” Jungkook defended as he, too, stared at Yuna.

“Riiii…”

“She’s chanting a spell,” Hoseok whispered to Jimin as they both took cautious steps back. Jungkook, on the other hand, could only look at his hyungs in disbelief.

“Uuunnnggg…”

“Jimin, I’m having a bad feeling,” Hoseok stated as he hid himself behind the shorter guy.

“Maybe she’s just sleep talking,” Jimin argued as he took one step backward with Hoseok.

Jungkook, in all honesty, wanted to slap the other two so hard if only they weren’t his hyungs. They were clearly just overacting over the situation. So, without much reluctance, Jungkook moved closer to Yuna only to be stopped by Hoseok.

“Stop! Jungkook, don’t do it. I know you’ve done us wrong but please…don’t do it.”

The maknae of the three produced a smirk before proceeding to move closer once again.

“No,” Hoseok whispered as he closed his eyes in anticipation while grasping tightly on Jimin’s shirt.

“Oy, dumb girl. Wake up,” Jungkook said as he shook Yuna lightly by the shoulder.

“Uuunnggg…riiii…”

“What?”

“Uuunnggg…riiii…”

“Come again.”

“Huunggg…riiii…”

As soon as Jungkook comprehended what she was saying, he could only slap himself in the face.

“Why am I surrounded with these idiots?”

“You’re hungry?” he asked, earning him a delicate nod from the girl.

Jungkook sighed before standing up. “Wait there.”

“Jungkook understood her?” Hoseok whispered to Jimin who nodded in return.

Without minding his hyungs, Jungkook started making his way to the fridge before obtaining a sandwich.

“Is that a sandwich?” Hoseok whispered once again as Jimin also nodded for the second time, carefully observing their dongsaeng’s actions.

“What do you think did she say?”

“I don’t know but what does a sandwich have to do with it?”

“I have also no idea.”

Jungkook casted a glance over to his hyungs who were standing a good distance away from Yuna and him as he handed over the wrapped sandwich to the girl. “Here.”

“Is he bribing her or something?”

“Probably.”

“And they said I’m an idiot,” Jungkook thought as he casted a glance over to his hyungs.

“Thanks,” Yuna muttered in a faint voice with a bowed down head as she struggled to remove the wrapper from the sandwich.

Jungkook returned his gaze to the girl before him. “Don’t mention it. Although next time, try not to pass out for no reason.”

A blush came rushing to Yuna’s cheeks as she recalled what happened earlier, the thought of imagining everything finally leaving her mind.

“It’s real,” she breathed.

“What was that?”

Yuna shook her head and waved both her hands to dismiss the topic before taking a huge bite from her food. “It’s nothing.”

“Whatever,” Jungkook said, shoving his hands to his pockets as he walked over to the other two people in the room who were busy murmuring to each other.

“Hyung!”

“Shut it. They might hear,” Hoseok hissed as he softly smacked Jimin’s arms.

“I know. I know. Geez.”

“Hey, hyung,” Jungkook reiterated as he casually approached the two.

“Y-Yes?” said Hoseok with a huge smile plastered all over his face with Jimin standing straight beside him, acting innocent.

“Do you mind if I ask you to leave us alone for a bit? I need to talk to her privately.”

As if on cue, Hoseok puffed his chest, as his previous state changed in an instant, and took a step forward making the younger boy to take a step back in response. “Oh yeah? And then what? You’ll make out on the couch like before?!”

“What?! Who said we were making out?!” Jungkook defended, slightly titling his head to the direction of Yuna to see if she heard. Fortunately for him, the said girl was too engrossed in her sandwich to even place a care in the world. A sigh escaped Jungkook’s lips in relief. “She was just acting weirdly which cause you to misunderstand.”

“Explain all you want, Jungkookie. We’re not buying it.” Hoseok crossed his arms over his chest and raised his chin up, earning confidence over how steadfast he was.

The younger ruffled his hair in frustration as he exclaimed, “Hyung! Please! I promise. We won’t do anything “fishy” if that’s what you want.”

Hoseok narrowed his eyes suspiciously for what seemed like a full minute of tense silence before finally nodding in approval. “Okay. Fine. But just so you know, I have eyes and ears everywhere. There’s no escape for you two.”

“Whatever,” Jungkook muttered as he rolled his eyes while quickly ushering both his hyungs toward the door.

“I’m everywhere!” Hoseok yelled one last time as Jungkook slammed the door to his face, alone with Yuna at last. “Now that they’re gone and you’re somehow back to your right senses, let’s go back to talking business.”

“Huh?” Yuna looked up from munching her food, sending a questioning look to the person from the other side of the room.

“The favor I was asking. Are you in or not?”

“Favor?” Yuna faced the ceiling as she desperately searched through her mind what the Jungkook was talking about. The delicious sandwich, one way or another, successfully erased her thoughts for the time being.

“Yes, favor,” Jungkook replied, snapping his finger by Yuna’s face, capturing her attention back to him. “The one where I asked you to observe your best friend for me.”

 


“.”

A hint of alarm flashed on Yuna’s face as she recalled the events not long ago.

“Oh my! What to do? What to do?”

Yuna beamed toward Jungkook as she tried to hide her dilemma. She was smiling on the outside but internally, she was in a state of pure panic.

“Is that a yes?” a hopeful Jungkook asked, his eyes almost sparkling in delight.

“Should I nod or not?” Yuju asked herself as she struggled to somehow look for a solution to an unfathomable problem facing her.

“Just say yes and bend the reality. Tweak the truth,” another side of her whispered as a reply.

“Bend the reality, huh?”

“Exactly. Agree to his favor and give him a result that’s far from what is true. Besides, you’re the one he’s depending on now. His assumptions will be based solely on what you tell him if you go along with his plans. Just divert his attention from Eunha and you and everything will fall right into place.”

Yuna’s hand went to cover her face in awe as she took in the fact of what a genius she could be at times. “That’s brilliant. Thank you, me.”

“Hello? Earth to Choi Yuna? Are you still there?” Jungkook meddled with Yuna who was deeply lost in her train of thoughts.

“Yeah. Right. The favor. Your plan,” Yuna mumbled, snapping back to reality.

“So? What’s your response? Are you in or not?” Jungkook pried with much anticipation at the answer Yuna will give. “Don’t worry. I’ll be treating you something good in return. Just name whatever you want and I’ll see to it that you’ll get it.”

Yuna stared profoundly at Jungkook who was holding his breath, anxious at the reply that will be given. “This is all or nothing.”

“Fine. You can count me in.”

 


 

Curse school for making me so busy that I barely get the time to write an update. T^T Anyway, here it is- CHAPTER 11! And guess what? I already planned the ending of this story. All that's left to do now is to write it in words but I'm not sure how many chapters will it take to finish everything. So, I'm guessing around 15 all in all. That's just an estimate though. Ohhhh and one more important thing! I need another suggestion of an idol girl once again. You probably know what it is for though ;) Thank you in advance.